Montana Recruits 2022

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Montana Recruits 2022

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:15 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:13 pm
I finally saw first hand why VIM has the Dowler twins at the top of his list. Wow. Caden flashed elite talent, and Taco... wow. We'll see what happens when they get to MSU but we are talking some serious speed and talent here. It's going to be a blast watching them develop. Way too early to start having these discussions but I promise you Taco will not be red shirting.
We’ll see. A lot of talent ahead of him.

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:30 pm

I know Jake Rendina has offers from Army and Air Force, but if the Cats get this kid…..watch out. He is a beast for being a senior in high school. This is could do some amazing things at MSU. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Punters are people too!!

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:27 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:30 pm
I know Jake Rendina has offers from Army and Air Force, but if the Cats get this kid…..watch out. He is a beast for being a senior in high school. This is could do some amazing things at MSU. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I think he would be a great replacement for RJ Fitzgerald

2024 Resume dominance

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:18 pm

I was surprised there were no commitments after last weekends game. I bunch of recruits came and sat behind us in section 116 during the 2nd half.

Hating the griz since 02.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:18 pm
I was surprised there were no commitments after last weekends game. I bunch of recruits came and sat behind us in section 116 during the 2nd half.
I thought I heard that last weekend was a big in-state weekend for recruits. I’d imagine we’re are bring in some out of state kids this weekend.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:10 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:27 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
I’m not sure where you could play him except FB.

He’s an impressive athlete in regards to weight lifting and production, I somewhat question his fit in college FB. Somewhat reminiscent of Levi Janacaro a few years back, stronger, but slower as well.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:28 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:10 pm
Helcat72 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

He’s an impressive athlete in regards to weight lifting and production, I somewhat question his fit in college FB. Somewhat reminiscent of Levi Janacaro a few years back, stronger, but slower as well.
He has bulked up significantly in the past 2 years, but he has the underlying athleticism to succeed and whichever college program he goes with get him on a weight program that will do better things for Jake than the powerlifting regimen he’s been on. He’ll get significantly faster. I see an RJ style role as well, but I’ve been watching Jake for a lot of years and the kid is an athlete. He’s not just big.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:36 am

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:18 pm
Just because they’re recruits doesn’t meant they’ve been offered. I don’t think there are that many offers out there really.

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:49 am

tdub wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:28 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

He has bulked up significantly in the past 2 years, but he has the underlying athleticism to succeed and whichever college program he goes with get him on a weight program that will do better things for Jake than the powerlifting regimen he’s been on. He’ll get significantly faster. I see an RJ style role as well, but I’ve been watching Jake for a lot of years and the kid is an athlete. He’s not just big.
Deadlifting and Squating DO make you faster. Vastly improved acceleration means faster times. https://www.completetrackandfield.com/d ... ing-speed/ "Moreover, every study showed the value of building a heavy squat or deadlift and the positive effects it had on the quadriceps, vertical force production, and acceleration levels which are important for all sprinters and athletes. "

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:00 am

Norsky19 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:49 am
tdub wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

Deadlifting and Squating DO make you faster. Vastly improved acceleration means faster times. https://www.completetrackandfield.com/d ... ing-speed/ "Moreover, every study showed the value of building a heavy squat or deadlift and the positive effects it had on the quadriceps, vertical force production, and acceleration levels which are important for all sprinters and athletes. "
This is correct, but it also needs some context. If your focus is say, power lifting, you’re probably doing more low rep high weight which won’t build as much acceleration as high rep and lower weight would. Otherwise powerlifters would be very fast, and typically, their movement skills aren’t necessarily the best. You can be too bulky to move well.

I think one of the best physical measurements for acceleration is vertical jump, which can be influenced by your Olympic lifts. You see a guy with really good Olympic lift numbers and a high vertical, pretty much guaranteed good acceleration.

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:06 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:00 am
Norsky19 wrote:
tdub wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

This is correct, but it also needs some context. If your focus is say, power lifting, you’re probably doing more low rep high weight which won’t build as much acceleration as high rep and lower weight would. Otherwise powerlifters would be very fast, and typically, their movement skills aren’t necessarily the best. You can be too bulky to move well.

I think one of the best physical measurements for acceleration is vertical jump, which can be influenced by your Olympic lifts. You see a guy with really good Olympic lift numbers and a high vertical, pretty much guaranteed good acceleration.
+1
Not all workouts are created equal. And don’t get me wrong, I don’t think Jake has done anything wrong or should have done things different. He’s a great athlete and a great kid and success on the power lifting scene is awesome too. My point was that if he chooses a good football program with a next-level strength/conditioning coach, they’ll maximize what is already built. If I had to predict the future, he’ll lean out a little, and get faster.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

Team10

Post by Team10 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Norsky19 wrote:
This is only if he is able to improve and hold his overall top end speed. Someone can go 0-60 in 2 seconds but if their top end is only geared for 65 it’s not gonna end well for them.

I have only seen a couple highlights of him and he is as everyone says he is, strong. I don’t see him as a running back, but I could see him as power Dline guy or an outstanding offensive center, similar to the kid that came from Butte as a running back and was an outstanding center for the Cats (forget his name).

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm

I assume this a boom in Vigenese?

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:47 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:

The biggest knock on him that I heard from a couple different college coaches now is lateral quickness.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:16 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:16 pm
I assume this a boom in Vigenese?

I think it is. Lyle Weese certainly indicated so.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:43 am

Power lifting is also about huge amounts of food (if you want to be any good at it). Between the very low reps and the heavy high calorie food you tend not to move well. Once my metabolism finally shifted allowing me to gain the weight I needed to lift heavy my Golf game and my bowling went in the tank. Not to mention the constant injuries and damaged muscles and joints. A powerlifter lives in the 1-3 rep range. If you want speed and agility you need to be in the higher rep ranges.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:14 pm

gtapp wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:43 am
Power lifting is also about huge amounts of food (if you want to be any good at it). Between the very low reps and the heavy high calorie food you tend not to move well. Once my metabolism finally shifted allowing me to gain the weight I needed to lift heavy my Golf game and my bowling went in the tank. Not to mention the constant injuries and damaged muscles and joints. A powerlifter lives in the 1-3 rep range. If you want speed and agility you need to be in the higher rep ranges.
To us mortals this seems crazy. Do you still do it.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Post by 083190 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:31 pm

And now,...Back to the "Montana Recruits 2022" thread!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:54 pm

allcat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:14 pm
gtapp wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:43 am
To us mortals this seems crazy. Do you still do it.
I still lift with the same, even higher, intensity but I had to reduce the weights after my heart surgery. Many years of 10K-12K calories (and not lean calories) and tons of steroids took it's toll. Open heart surgery almost three years ago. It's weird, at almost 64 I could still lift heavy if it wasn't for the surgery. Now I can only eat limited calories, protein, sugar, salt, fat and no pre-workout, no steroids and no creatine, etc. I was always hurt. The steroids main purpose was recovery from injury. I got to the point that if you cut off my head I would just grow a new one.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:55 pm

083190 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:31 pm
And now,...Back to the "Montana Recruits 2022" thread!
Who is left on the top 20 from MT list? Any ideas where they will end up?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN