Idaho State at Home this weekend

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Idaho State at Home this weekend

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:10 am

If all was normal, Idaho State would be coming to town this weekend for a really cold game. Plenty of snow on the ground with more on the way, and the forecast looks like about 16 degrees at kickoff.

How would the Bobcats be coming into this game if the season happened as originally planned? Here's a reminder of the schedule:
vs. Long Island
at Utah
vs. Dixie State
at Portland State
vs. Northern Colorado
vs. Cal Poly
at Weber State
vs. Idaho State

Way too many unknowns to make a decent prediction. I'm thinking the Bobcats would come in at 5-2 but undefeated in games not played in Utah. I think we'd be a little frustrated about not beating Weber and struggling against UNCU, PSU and Cal Poly and we'd be arguing that the Cats could easily be 3-4 and that they just don't have it together. I think this game would be the one where the run game gets going and the Cats win by about 40 and a few people would step away from the ledge.

I'm sure we'll find a way to turn this into an argument about masking, but what do you think the season would look like to this point? And who would be ready for a snowy, cold tailgate?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Idaho State at Home this weekend

Post by coloradocat » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:46 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:10 am
If all was normal, Idaho State would be coming to town this weekend for a really cold game. Plenty of snow on the ground with more on the way, and the forecast looks like about 16 degrees at kickoff.

How would the Bobcats be coming into this game if the season happened as originally planned? Here's a reminder of the schedule:
vs. Long Island
at Utah
vs. Dixie State
at Portland State
vs. Northern Colorado
vs. Cal Poly
at Weber State
vs. Idaho State

Way too many unknowns to make a decent prediction. I'm thinking the Bobcats would come in at 5-2 but undefeated in games not played in Utah. I think we'd be a little frustrated about not beating Weber and struggling against UNCU, PSU and Cal Poly and we'd be arguing that the Cats could easily be 3-4 and that they just don't have it together. I think this game would be the one where the run game gets going and the Cats win by about 40 and a few people would step away from the ledge.

I'm sure we'll find a way to turn this into an argument about masking, but what do you think the season would look like to this point? And who would be ready for a snowy, cold tailgate?
I agree with everything except struggling against UNCU. At PSU might have been tough for a couple quarters and Cal Poly is a real team now that Baldwin is there. We would have gotten blown out against Utah and lost a close one against Weber (combined score around 40). People would have questioned if we have it this year after the Weber loss. Also, we would have changed the starting QB prior to Weber and the debate would start again after that game if we need to change back.

As for the weather, I would have lucked out and gone to the UNC and Cal Poly games and then been back home to watch ISU from home in CO.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:51 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:46 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:

vs. Long Island
at Utah
vs. Dixie State
at Portland State
vs. Northern Colorado
vs. Cal Poly
at Weber State
vs. Idaho State

I agree with everything except struggling against UNCU. At PSU might have been tough for a couple quarters and Cal Poly is a real team now that Baldwin is there. We would have gotten blown out against Utah and lost a close one against Weber (combined score around 40). People would have questioned if we have it this year after the Weber loss. Also, we would have changed the starting QB prior to Weber and the debate would start again after that game if we need to change back.

As for the weather, I would have lucked out and gone to the UNC and Cal Poly games and then been back home to watch ISU from home in CO.
Yeah you're probably right about UNCU. The Cats struggle in Greeley and it just never looks pretty, but now that I think about it, it probably would've been a runaway in Bozeman.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:46 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:

vs. Long Island
at Utah
vs. Dixie State
at Portland State
vs. Northern Colorado
vs. Cal Poly
at Weber State
vs. Idaho State

This just makes me miss the smell of tailgating...especially when its cold weather.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:58 am

I think we'd be 6-1 and dumb fans like me would be feeling pretty good and predict an absolute beatdown of the Bengals. We'd then proceed to win overtime on our first possession after shutting them down.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:04 am

I would say for sure 5-2, but possibly 6-1. I don't think any of the the struggle games mentioned would have been a struggle. PSU close at half maybe, and the Cats pull away in the 3rd quarter. Cal Poly is converting from a triple option team. Baldwin may be good but you see how that has gone for Georgia Tech. That game would have been when the Cats D really started to gel. And then we would shut out ISU in the snow after a hard fought low scoring game at Weber. The October games would have seen a D that gave up only 58 points during the month.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:06 am

Which game would have been our 2019 UND game (ugly game that we should have won easily but lost)?

PSU
UNC
CP
ISU
UI

I'm thinking it might have been ISU. Right after a hard fought Weber game and right before traveling to EWU. We might have also been caught off guard by Poly but ISU seems more likely.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!