BroadCATS coming to you direct from Bobcat Stadium

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msualumnifoundation
BobcatNation Letterman

BroadCATS coming to you direct from Bobcat Stadium

Post by msualumnifoundation » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am

Hey 'Cat fans!
Are you ready for your fall fix of Bobcat football action?

Coming to you from Bobcat Stadium, join former Voice of the Cats, Tyler Wiltgen, former Bobcat Football player Ben Fjare, and Montana's Voice of Agriculture, Lane Nordlund. This 45 minute program is one you don't want to miss! Taking a look back at the September 28, 2019 game vs. NAU, the show will be jam-packed with some 'Cat action, special video clips and a good time. We partnered up with the Rocking R Bar to giveaway 100 Bobcat shirts designed just for BroadCATS. Tune in to find out how to claim yours!

Saturday, October 3 | 11:00 a.m.–11:45 a.m. MDT

This exclusive opportunity is open to all diehard Bobcat fans. The event requires a registration below to receive the event feed. The event will be held via Zoom Webinar and available by computer, iPad, or cell phone. The link to join the Zoom meeting, password, and the meeting ID can be found in the confirmation email you will receive once you register. New to Zoom? The confirmation e-mail will include handy directions to walk you through using the platform.

And if you’re looking for ideas to make your at-home tailgate watch party festive, check-out the MSU University Catering tailgate food of the game and the Bozeman Spirits signature drink of the game on our site.

We’re excited about bringing this together for you and look forward to you joining us! \:D/

Register online at http://www.msuaf.org/CATSHC
Last edited by msualumnifoundation on Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: BroadCATS coming to you direct from Bobcat Stadium

Post by Cataholic » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:33 pm

msualumnifoundation wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:40 am
Hey 'Cat fans!
Are you ready for your fall fix of Bobcat football action?

Coming to you from Bobcat Stadium, join former Voice of the Cats, Tyler Wiltgen, former Bobcat Football player Ben Fjare, and Montana's Voice of Agriculture, Lane Nordlund. This 45 minute program is one you don't want to miss! Taking a look back at the September 28, 2019 game vs. NAU, the show will be jam-packed with some 'Cat action, special video clips and a good time. We partnered up with the Rocking R Bar to giveaway 100 Bobcat shirts designed just for BroadCATS. Tune in to find out how to claim yours!

Saturday, October 3 | 11:00 a.m.–11:45 p.m. MDT

This exclusive opportunity is open to all diehard Bobcat fans. The event requires a registration below to receive the event feed. The event will be held via Zoom Webinar and available by computer, iPad, or cell phone. The link to join the Zoom meeting, password, and the meeting ID can be found in the confirmation email you will receive once you register. New to Zoom? The confirmation e-mail will include handy directions to walk you through using the platform.

And if you’re looking for ideas to make your at-home tailgate watch party festive, check-out the MSU University Catering tailgate food of the game and the Bozeman Spirits signature drink of the game on our site.

We’re excited about bringing this together for you and look forward to you joining us! \:D/

Register online at http://www.msuaf.org/CATSHC
I received the email today and wanted to point a small correction. The program is listed as 11 am to 11:45 pm.

msualumnifoundation
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msualumnifoundation » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:45 pm

Thanks @Cataholic! Fixed! Next time we have an actual tailgate, stop by and a drink is on us for catching that!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:22 am

Did anybody do this? How was it?

Hating the griz since 02.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:39 am

btribby wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:22 am
Did anybody do this? How was it?
I watched it. The broadcast was okay. They showed some high lites and some recorded interviews. The one problem I saw was they did the pre-game broadcast while the game was on TV. I’m trying to watch this pre-game broadcast on my computer while watching the game they are talking about on TV at the same time.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

msualumnifoundation
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msualumnifoundation » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:04 am

Hi @AFCAT
I'm sorry to hear you thought the event was just ok. I wanted to address one of your concerns about the timing of the event. We have been working with the Big Sky Conference to find rebroadcast times for MSU Bobcat Football games, and they have worked directly with ROOT, Pluto, and SWX to provide us with game times. We were told that the football game would be on at 12:00 PM MST and therefore set a time of 11:00 AM MST for BroadCATS. The University of Montana received the same information as us; games would be on at noon MST, rotating UM/MSU games every other weekend. I'm not quite sure what happened; I'm guessing with so many unknowns of what actual games are on, they are juggling programming and adjusted the timing. At that point, we had already marketed our event and received hundreds of RSVP's. I am sorry that the two events were simultaneous; it was not our intent and was entirely out of our control. We went with the information we were provided. It has been challenging to get game information, we had requested a Root game or Pluto game be shown since they have better reach. We didn't find out about the Pluto game until the week of the event, and unfortunately, we do need the notice to pull all the pieces together.

If you have other suggestions for how the event could be better, please let me know. We are trying our best to figure out a new normal and still offer various options appealing to a broad group of alumni and fans.

Thanks!

Jen Poser-Hayden
Director of Alumni Engagement
Montana State University Alumni Foundation

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:02 am

Impossible to catch it on Saturday, had a bit of family visiting. Is there a way to view it now?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

msualumnifoundation
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by msualumnifoundation » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:11 am

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:32 am

Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:04 am
Hi @AFCAT
I'm sorry to hear you thought the event was just ok. I wanted to address one of your concerns about the timing of the event. We have been working with the Big Sky Conference to find rebroadcast times for MSU Bobcat Football games, and they have worked directly with ROOT, Pluto, and SWX to provide us with game times. We were told that the football game would be on at 12:00 PM MST and therefore set a time of 11:00 AM MST for BroadCATS. The University of Montana received the same information as us; games would be on at noon MST, rotating UM/MSU games every other weekend. I'm not quite sure what happened; I'm guessing with so many unknowns of what actual games are on, they are juggling programming and adjusted the timing. At that point, we had already marketed our event and received hundreds of RSVP's. I am sorry that the two events were simultaneous; it was not our intent and was entirely out of our control. We went with the information we were provided. It has been challenging to get game information, we had requested a Root game or Pluto game be shown since they have better reach. We didn't find out about the Pluto game until the week of the event, and unfortunately, we do need the notice to pull all the pieces together.

If you have other suggestions for how the event could be better, please let me know. We are trying our best to figure out a new normal and still offer various options appealing to a broad group of alumni and fans.

Thanks!

Jen Poser-Hayden
Director of Alumni Engagement
Montana State University Alumni Foundation
No need to apologize. I didn't find it to be that big of an issue, just strange at the time. Tough to give full attention to two broadcasts that are happening at the same time, that's why I referred to the Cats broadcast as "okay." Oh, I won free t-shirt, so all is good. :D

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:36 pm

Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:11 am
Yes, its online at http://www.msuaf.org/broadcats
Excellent, thank you.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.