Callahan O’Reilly on Twitter

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Callahan O’Reilly on Twitter

Post by kwcat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:42 pm

LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:42 pm
Spoken like a true mask shunning Trump supporter. You can see where that got him. But in Ron White's immortal words "you can't fix stupid".
"Yeah he blew past it after several hundred thousand in therapies that most have no access to. Now we have to listen to the dumbass bloviate about how you should just be brave like he is"

I know right!
Trump supporters are stupid and especially divisive in their speech! :-^

seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:51 pm

kwcat wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:42 pm
LCH wrote:
Spoken like a true mask shunning Trump supporter. You can see where that got him. But in Ron White's immortal words "you can't fix stupid".
"Yeah he blew past it after several hundred thousand in therapies that most have no access to. Now we have to listen to the dumbass bloviate about how you should just be brave like he is"

I know right!
Don't be so sure he's out of the woods with this disease. Herman Cain had lots of ups and downs and claimed he was better. It took him around 30 days to die. A NYC emergency room physician recently said it isn't until day nine or so when you will really know if he will have a mild or harsh case.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

PHAT CAT
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:26 pm

seataccat wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:51 pm
kwcat wrote:
LCH wrote:

I know right!
Don't be so sure he's out of the woods with this disease. Herman Cain had lots of ups and downs and claimed he was better. It took him around 30 days to die. A NYC emergency room physician recently said it isn't until day nine or so when you will really know if he will have a mild or harsh case.
I'll take Trump for $1000.00. I'm 99.5% sure to win.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:31 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 pm
He’s a very interesting ’Cat on Twitter.

I feel responsible for this thread. It seemed like so much fun at first. My sincere apologies.

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:51 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:31 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 pm
He’s a very interesting ’Cat on Twitter.

I feel responsible for this thread. It seemed like so much fun at first. My sincere apologies.
Lol.... Sorry Tom. I'll stop.

seataccat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:27 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:26 pm
seataccat wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:51 pm
kwcat wrote:
LCH wrote:

I know right!
I'll take Trump for $1000.00. I'm 99.5% sure to win.
OK Let's say I'll put up $10 to your $1000 if those are really the odds for an obese, 74yo excitable person who lives on cheeseburgers.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

Cataholic
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cataholic » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:03 pm

LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:11 pm
LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:28 pm
Well South Dakota has a .8% lower unemployment rate at the cost of 9500 more cases and 100 more deaths per 1,000,000. I guess it's up to each of us to determine if that's a good trade off.

Based on our increased caseloads and hospitalisations since school reopened my guess is that without the early restrictions we would have had far greater numbers of infections and deaths than we did.

Regarding the statement about "ruining kids dreams", I find that to be an immature statement coming from a young man like Callahan. I can assure him that the Governor was trying to do his best for the state based on the recommendations of scientists and healthcare professionals. I'm pretty sure the Governor didn't shut down the economy lightly. It would have taken far less courage to just ignore the situation.
Given that Callaghan is a 20 or 21 year old kid, I think you blasting him is bull crap. It took a lot of guts for a kid to use his name and publicly provide his opinion. You classify Bullock as courageous yet condemn Callaghan as immature. How old are you? Not sure how old you are, but you going after a college kid just because you don’t agree with him seems to be immature.
Oh give me a break. If you're old enough to blast the Governor on twitter then you're old enough to take a little gentle calling out. I'm 65 and when I was at MSU I don't think the average kid would have been so sensitive and I doubt Callahan is either.
I actually have kids close to Callaghan’s age and I can guarantee you that he could give two sh1ts what a grumpy 65 year old liberal Democrat thinks.

Amazing how we used to encourage our youth to be vocal and express themselves regardless of whether we agreed with them or not. I disagree with my kids on many of these topics, but I am proud that they have the courage to express their own opinion. Funny how you disagree with Callaghan, so you call him immature. I wonder if your response would have been that he was “courageous” if he was supportive of Bullock.

GoCats18
Member # Retired

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:34 pm

People are always going to agree and disagree with what someone does. It isn’t like he closed the State because of high winds, blizzards or forest fires. It is a pandemic and we weren’t the only state that do that. I think his reference is really dumb though. Wearing your seatbelt is the law. Talking on your phone while driving is against the law. Driving drunk, against the law. Yet people do these everyday and die on our highways knowing the risk they are taking. We are being asked to respectfully wear a mask, and people act like it is the end of the world. Callahan needs to realize that people will disagree and call him out, just like he does to others. At least we can all agree that the Griz still suck. Haha!!!

Punters are people too!!

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by AFCAT » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:42 pm

Yup, great idea comparing Covid fatalities and Americas highway fatalities. America was stupid all these years trying to build safer roads, build safer cars, educate drivers, and pass safe driving laws. Look what we got for all that work; American motor vehicle fatality rates are now lower than they were in any decade since the 19 teens. We spent all that time and money and we actually ended up making it safer to drive! What were we thinking? We should have just done nothing and let Americans annihilate themselves on Americas road networks. FREEDOM!

Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:03 pm
LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:17 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:11 pm
LCH wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:28 pm
Well South Dakota has a .8% lower unemployment rate at the cost of 9500 more cases and 100 more deaths per 1,000,000. I guess it's up to each of us to determine if that's a good trade off.

Based on our increased caseloads and hospitalisations since school reopened my guess is that without the early restrictions we would have had far greater numbers of infections and deaths than we did.

Regarding the statement about "ruining kids dreams", I find that to be an immature statement coming from a young man like Callahan. I can assure him that the Governor was trying to do his best for the state based on the recommendations of scientists and healthcare professionals. I'm pretty sure the Governor didn't shut down the economy lightly. It would have taken far less courage to just ignore the situation.
Given that Callaghan is a 20 or 21 year old kid, I think you blasting him is bull crap. It took a lot of guts for a kid to use his name and publicly provide his opinion. You classify Bullock as courageous yet condemn Callaghan as immature. How old are you? Not sure how old you are, but you going after a college kid just because you don’t agree with him seems to be immature.
Oh give me a break. If you're old enough to blast the Governor on twitter then you're old enough to take a little gentle calling out. I'm 65 and when I was at MSU I don't think the average kid would have been so sensitive and I doubt Callahan is either.
I actually have kids close to Callaghan’s age and I can guarantee you that he could give two sh1ts what a grumpy 65 year old liberal Democrat thinks.

Amazing how we used to encourage our youth to be vocal and express themselves regardless of whether we agreed with them or not. I disagree with my kids on many of these topics, but I am proud that they have the courage to express their own opinion. Funny how you disagree with Callaghan, so you call him immature. I wonder if your response would have been that he was “courageous” if he was supportive of Bullock.
Grumpy yes, Democrat no, liberal no. No, my response was not based on his support of Bullock or not, it was regarding his implication that the response to Covid is ruining kids dreams.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:08 pm

Perhaps this is, or isn’t, a good time to point out that the Montana Department of Transportation has a program called Project Zero, which has as its goal zero deaths on Montana roads. I believe it was implemented by MDT director Mike Tooley, who was formerly the boss at Montana Highway Patrol and graduated high school with me in 1980 among his many accomplishments. :D :wink:

MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

lutecat
Member # Retired

Post by lutecat » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:14 pm

I'll bet if he had a tweet on abortion and pro-choice some of you would sing a different tune. It has nothing to do with him having an opinion its that you agree with his opinion.

arvcat2
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by arvcat2 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 am

Mr. O’Reilly, my new favorite Bobcat. Most refreshing to see a young man not silenced (yet) by the coronamania groupthink crowd =D^ =D^

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:27 am

I completely disagree with virtually everything O'Reilly said in his tweet, but love the fact that he's politically engaged enough to put his opinion out there. The marketplace of ideas is a good thing!

Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

grizgirl

Post by grizgirl » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:02 am

arvcat2 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:58 am
Mr. O’Reilly, my new favorite Bobcat. Most refreshing to see a young man not silenced (yet) by the coronamania groupthink crowd =D^ =D^
This tweet is so perfect following lutecat's tweet. :lol: :lol: :lol: =D^ =D^ =D^ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

coloradocat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 pm

Just checked O'Reilly's Twitter account and a message came up that it no longer exists. Anyone know if he got banned or just quit?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcr-MPCJKc

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:52 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:03 pm
Just checked O'Reilly's Twitter account and a message came up that it no longer exists. Anyone know if he got banned or just quit?
That means he deleted the account, or possibly changed his user name. A banned or suspended account has a different message than this.

Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:55 pm

He's transitioning from "being told what to think" to "learning how to think for himself" and probably needs some space.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."