Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas

Post by catatac » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:43 pm

FCS season opener is on right now. It's better than nothing, but I am jealous... really wish we would have been able to watch our Bobcats this Fall. :evil: :(

Anyway, watching these running backs - they are pretty good but holy shizzz we are so lucky to have Isiah Ifanse... he is at another level in terms of how tough he is to tackle. =D^ \:D/

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Re: Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas

Post by RickRund » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 am

AP drops a close one 24-17 after taking the first play from scrimmage 75 yards for a score...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:29 am

RickRund wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:30 am
AP drops a close one 24-17 after taking the first play from scrimmage 75 yards for a score...
Ya, that one had to sting for them, especially after dropping a close one to them last year. Pretty good game though, pretty solid defenses.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:13 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:29 am
RickRund wrote:
Ya, that one had to sting for them, especially after dropping a close one to them last year. Pretty good game though, pretty solid defenses.
Solid defense or no offense? Looked at the box score in the second quarter and if you take out the 75 yard run, nada.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:34 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:13 pm
catatac wrote:
RickRund wrote:
Solid defense or no offense? Looked at the box score in the second quarter and if you take out the 75 yard run, nada.
It was a sloppy game on both sides, you could see the lack of polish due to not having enough practices. I predict many of the games for the teams and conferences that are playing will look about the same. Going to be a rocky start to whatever season they do get out of this...

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:02 am

grizzh8r wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:34 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:13 pm
catatac wrote:
RickRund wrote:
It was a sloppy game on both sides, you could see the lack of polish due to not having enough practices. I predict many of the games for the teams and conferences that are playing will look about the same. Going to be a rocky start to whatever season they do get out of this...
Yep, agree. There were some monster hits from both defenses in that game though.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:18 pm

Looked like a very different AP team than the one we beat last December - I see their coach abruptly resigned before the season.

But this made me go back and watch the playoff game again - brilliant game by our DC and OC, and Derek Marks was an absolute beast. This Bobcat team/program is on the verge.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:41 pm

JDoub wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:18 pm
Looked like a very different AP team than the one we beat last December - I see their coach abruptly resigned before the season.

But this made me go back and watch the playoff game again - brilliant game by our DC and OC, and Derek Marks was an absolute beast. This Bobcat team/program is on the verge.
On the verge is an interesting way to look at it. Honestly I'd say we've arrived, and can beat any team out there at the FCS level with one, possibly two exceptions.

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:41 pm
JDoub wrote:

On the verge is an interesting way to look at it. Honestly I'd say we've arrived, and can beat any team out there at the FCS level with one, possibly two exceptions.
I'll rephrase for clarity:

I think we're on the verge of taking that spot that NDSU currently holds.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:37 am

JDoub wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 am
catatac wrote:
JDoub wrote:

LOL. No.

Hating the griz since 02.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:56 am

btribby wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:37 am
JDoub wrote:
catatac wrote:
JDoub wrote:

LOL. No.
I'm not saying I agree with JDoub but why would you so emphatically say no?

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:03 am

btribby wrote:
JDoub wrote:
catatac wrote:
JDoub wrote:

LOL. No.
Someone will dethrone them. We are in position (on the verge), as is JMU, SDSU, Weber (although I think Weber has plateau'd - they will always be in the shadow of UofUtah). It may take FCOA, or other changes like a couple Big Sky teams dropping football (opening up more recruits for us) to boost us up, but we are in position.

Not saying it will happen, I hope it does. The improvement overall in the Big Sky the past few years, facility improvements, recruiting, getting to the semis, -- that is all part of putting us in position. Another Troy Anderson, or a Trey Lance, along with incremental improvement in both trenches (which both sides of the ball have seen quality and depth grow the past 5 years). With leaders like Cruzado & Choate, it can happen.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:08 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:56 am
btribby wrote:
JDoub wrote:
catatac wrote:
JDoub wrote:

LOL. No.
Because they are an absolute freaking dynasty. They have proven over and over and over again just how dominant they are. Not just because they basically beat every FCS or FBS team they play, but look at how many players they send to the NFL, drafted. With all the players they graduated in 2018, and with how good the Bobcats were playing at the end of the season, I thought we could finally compete. We really didn't. I suppose if Trey Lance goes to the NFL early and NDSU somehow can't find an NFL caliber QB to take over (they usually do), then maybe we have a chance.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:24 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:08 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:56 am
btribby wrote:
JDoub wrote:
catatac wrote:
JDoub wrote:

LOL. No.
Because they are an absolute freaking dynasty. They have proven over and over and over again just how dominant they are. Not just because they basically beat every FCS or FBS team they play, but look at how many players they send to the NFL, drafted. With all the players they graduated in 2018, and with how good the Bobcats were playing at the end of the season, I thought we could finally compete. We really didn't. I suppose if Trey Lance goes to the NFL early and NDSU somehow can't find an NFL caliber QB to take over (they usually do), then maybe we have a chance.
Nothing lasts forever. You won’t a single dynasty in the history of sports that remained a dynasty forever.

I recall having this discussion with some griz fans about 20 years ago. They were dominating the Big Sky and doing quite well nationally. Some of them thought that would just go on forever. I used the same argument that while the run was great, it would end. And it did. As it did for Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida, App St, etc. There is no reason to believe that NDSU will be on top forever. Someone has to take that spot. Doesn’t mean whoever does will win a hundred titles like they did, but I don’t see any reason why another team can’t take that top spot at some point.

Man their run has been incredible though

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:34 am

catatac wrote:

Football Dynasties don't last forever

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:07 pm

JDoub wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:34 am
catatac wrote:

Football Dynasties don't last forever
Absolutely spot on. No dynasty in any sport last forever. But, they are primed to be good for the next couple of years at a minimum. Also, whenever their dynasty ends, its unlikely what they have done and are doing will ever be matched.

What MSU has and is doing are good things. We have a solid program. We are adding to our infrastructure. Choate is the real deal no doubt about it. But, we have a ton to still accomplish. The biggest being a Conference Championship and I believe that is well within reach.

But will MSU dethrone NDSU? I doubt it. I think its more likely they will dethrone themselves.

Hating the griz since 02.

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:03 am

Austin PEay teeing off against number 13 Cincinnati today! Who do you got! 8) 8)

Props to you guys for playing football when very few others will!