Golden Coolie Questions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Golden Coolie Questions

Post by catatac » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:33 am

Dmsubrew wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:26 pm
How would you best use Mellot? He is behind a bunch of really good QB's and we are pretty stacked at running back. He is way too good, it would seem, to NOT be out on the field in some way
Slot receiver.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:58 am

Who scores a defensive TD this week?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:28 am

catatac wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:33 am
Dmsubrew wrote:
How would you best use Mellot? He is behind a bunch of really good QB's and we are pretty stacked at running back. He is way too good, it would seem, to NOT be out on the field in some way
Slot receiver.
I like that idea

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:14 pm

In 2018, MSU rushed for 323 yards against PSU. Will the Cats be able to run the ball better against the Flex defense of PSU than they have so far this season?

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:14 pm
In 2018, MSU rushed for 323 yards against PSU. Will the Cats be able to run the ball better against the Flex defense of PSU than they have so far this season?
I'm guessing our yards per rush will be about the same, but since our passing game is much improved we won't have as many rushes, so our total rushing yards will be less but our total yards of offense will be as much or more than in 2018

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:32 pm

Dmsubrew wrote:

Edit: Bold prediction is Ty Okada gets 2nd straight pick 6
I think run him on fly sweep. It hasn't been effective
yet this year but he could get too corner, but also put his foot down and cut it back up better than what I have seen so far

Sports is not bigger than life

catsRus
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catsRus » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:00 pm

How much of a friendly competition do you think Troy and Ty have going now? Who will come out on top this week?

Buy or sell, last week you guys talked about running backs getting 100 yard rushing games I think you left one person out McKay, I'm buying that he rushes for 100 yards against the Vikings.

Go Cats!
FTG

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:04 am

Will we see Troy inserted on Offense on the fly sweep?

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 pm

2 questions for whenever you get to it:

1. If you had no other players at any other position, what do you think Troy's best natural position is and where would you play him? (i worded the question so you don't worry about him displacing another player)

2. Ty Okada has obviously been outstanding at nickelback, but I'd assume the coaches saw that too and still had him listed as a starter at strong safety this spring. Tre Webb happened and the Tyrel Thomas injury happened and he ended up at nickelback. Where do you think he'd do his best work at?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:49 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 pm

1. If you had no other players at any other position, what do you think Troy's best natural position is and where would you play him? (i worded the question so you don't worry about him displacing another player)

2. Ty Okada has obviously been outstanding at nickelback, but I'd assume the coaches saw that too and still had him listed as a starter at strong safety this spring. Tre Webb happened and the Tyrel Thomas injury happened and he ended up at nickelback. Where do you think he'd do his best work at?
To piggyback off of #1, does your answer change if you're thinking about the NFL vs the Bobcats?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:09 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:49 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 pm

To piggyback off of #1, does your answer change if you're thinking about the NFL vs the Bobcats?
I thought about asking that too, but wanted to limit myself to two questions so thanks for asking for me! :lol: Both for the benefit of the Bobcats and for the benefit of Troy. Do you put troy in the position that best helps your team? You're (as head coach) graded off of wins and losses after all. Or do you put troy in the best position to get drafted as high as possible by the NFL? Word of mouth spreads and if you can help a player get to the NFL and daresay even drafted high in the NFL, you'll probably be more apt to get more highly ranked recruits knowing you get your players to the big show, which in turn THEORETICALLY means more wins. Interesting to see how the scale tips.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:25 pm

catatac wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:33 am
Dmsubrew wrote:
Slot receiver.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I’d love to see a package with him in the Travis Jonsen role where he can lineup as a wildcat QB or as a wr. The guy just looks like a playmaker.

Also, I just saw his major is Financial Engineering. I’ve never heard of that before.

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:30 am

In another thread someone said we are missing Logan Jones as a compliment to Ifanse. On a very small sample size, it looks like Mellot could possibly be that guy. He's done well in the wildcat for the few snaps he has had. He definitely has that Logan Jones or Shawn Johnson speedster look. Does he possibly get some touches at running back in the near future or does he stay dedicated to the QB room?

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:46 am

Two questions to consider, first: It is parent/ family weekend followed by homecoming. With two more home games I was thinking that MSU could do a lot to improve the tailgate atmosphere by tearing down those prison fences and planting some trees. Is there any reason why this fence is needed around the tailgate area and what other things could MSU do to improve the tailgating experience? ( sorry if that seems negative. Just want our actual tailgating area to stand out amongst schools as one of the best)

2nd question: Most of our offense consists of Iffanse and throwing to Lance. I know stats are for losers , but Northern Colorado is bringing the 4th best defense giving up only 327 yards per game. Will we struggle to move the ball as northern Colorado keys in our top play makers?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:28 pm

Ask em' if you got em'! Back in the "studio" tonight.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Of the 3 remaining home games, do we win any of them by less than 28? And if so which one(s)?

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:44 pm

Which MSU coach (past or present) is most/least likely to break a clipboard and throw it at someone?
:-)

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:49 pm

HelenaCat95 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:44 pm
Which MSU coach (past or present) is most/least likely to break a clipboard and throw it at someone?

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:50 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:49 pm
HelenaCat95 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:44 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:03 pm

Two questions:
How much was Troy paid by the Rocking R to do that god awful commercial they always play on the big screen and on commercial breaks?

Was he compensated enough to account for how much grief he must get from his teammates every time it’s played?