Golden Coolie Questions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Golden Coolie Questions

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:08 pm

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:03 pm
Two questions:
How much was Troy paid by the Rocking R to do that god awful commercial they always play on the big screen and on commercial breaks?

Was he compensated enough to account for how much grief he must get from his teammates every time it’s played?
To answer your second question, no :lol: every time it comes on the LBs and DBs around him watch the whole thing laughing, then give him the hardest time. But it's fun to watch.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:24 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:08 pm
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Two questions:
How much was Troy paid by the Rocking R to do that god awful commercial they always play on the big screen and on commercial breaks?

Was he compensated enough to account for how much grief he must get from his teammates every time it’s played?
To answer your second question, no :lol: every time it comes on the LBs and DBs around him watch the whole thing laughing, then give him the hardest time. But it's fun to watch.
I assumed this to be the case! I know my friends wouldn’t let me live down something like that.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:34 pm

I'm not sure if UNCU is still an official "rival" but if they are maybe we could have a Flying Clipboard as the travelling trophy. What do you think?

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:57 pm

How short does the DB need to be before we throw a jump ball to Jaden Smith in the end zone?

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Was Troy's hand, arm, shoulder, really hurt by that flying clipboard or were we ahead by so much we needed to get others playing time.

Was the hit on the punt the dirtiest play you have seen against the cats.

Was Hardy's hit on the kickoff the best hit of the game

Sports is not bigger than life

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:02 pm

This might be too late to get on your podcast but here goes. Next week’s game against Weber is on Friday night which gives us a short time to prepare. What changes to the normal schedule do you make and when do you travel down to Ogden? I found it interesting reading about the differences between how EWU and UM did or didn’t change their preparations for their night game last weekend. I also think it sucks how we are getting a short week plus traveling while Weber has their bye this weekend and no travel for the Friday game.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:15 pm

Rich K wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:34 pm
I'm not sure if UNCU is still an official "rival" but if they are maybe we could have a Flying Clipboard as the travelling trophy. What do you think?
This is one of the best ideas I've ever seen come out of this board! This needs to happen. =D^ =D^ =D^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

BozoneCat

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:47 pm

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:46 am
Two questions to consider, first: It is parent/ family weekend followed by homecoming. With two more home games I was thinking that MSU could do a lot to improve the tailgate atmosphere by tearing down those prison fences and planting some trees. Is there any reason why this fence is needed around the tailgate area and what other things could MSU do to improve the tailgating experience? ( sorry if that seems negative. Just want our actual tailgating area to stand out amongst schools as one of the best)
Love this idea!!!

GO CATS GO!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:13 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:47 pm
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:46 am
Two questions to consider, first: It is parent/ family weekend followed by homecoming. With two more home games I was thinking that MSU could do a lot to improve the tailgate atmosphere by tearing down those prison fences and planting some trees. Is there any reason why this fence is needed around the tailgate area and what other things could MSU do to improve the tailgating experience? ( sorry if that seems negative. Just want our actual tailgating area to stand out amongst schools as one of the best)
Love this idea!!!
I feel like this question has been asked for years, but I have yet to see a good answer as to why the fence is still up. I'm on board with tearing that thing down.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:06 pm

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Two questions:

Somebody make a meme that says "Hey, touchdown!" that we can share every time the Cats score. You're right, it's a terrible commercial but I love it. Happy for him to get something, even though it's probably a couple R Bar hats and one Coors Light a week when he shows up to sign autographs.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:11 pm

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Two questions:

I think he just needs to keep scoring touchdowns and point to the video board replay afterwards.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

CatFanatic
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatFanatic » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:04 pm

Dmsubrew wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:26 pm
How would you best use Mellot? He is behind a bunch of really good QB's and we are pretty stacked at running back. He is way too good, it would seem, to NOT be out on the field in some way

Edit: Bold prediction is Ty Okada gets 2nd straight pick 6
Punt returner

Guck the Frizz

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:25 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:06 pm
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Two questions:

Somebody make a meme that says "Hey, touchdown!" that we can share every time the Cats score. You're right, it's a terrible commercial but I love it. Happy for him to get something, even though it's probably a couple R Bar hats and one Coors Light a week when he shows up to sign autographs.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:50 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:25 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Two questions:

Well done AFCAT. Too funny

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:08 pm

AFCAT wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Two questions:

Yoink!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:49 pm

AFCAT wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Two questions:

BINGO! There should be a business student at MSU selling those shirts and sharing the proceeds with Troy. Or the R Bar just needs to embrace it and run with it. Somebody tell Mike Hope I'll buy two.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:55 pm

CatFanatic wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:04 pm
Dmsubrew wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:26 pm
How would you best use Mellot? He is behind a bunch of really good QB's and we are pretty stacked at running back. He is way too good, it would seem, to NOT be out on the field in some way

Edit: Bold prediction is Ty Okada gets 2nd straight pick 6
Punt returner
Ooh, I could get on board with that! Kid would be electric!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:08 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:49 pm
AFCAT wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Two questions:

BINGO! There should be a business student at MSU selling those shirts and sharing the proceeds with Troy. Or the R Bar just needs to embrace it and run with it. Somebody tell Mike Hope I'll buy two.
Profiting off the imagine and likeness of a kid profiting off his image and likeness.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:27 am

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:15 pm
Rich K wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:34 pm
This is one of the best ideas I've ever seen come out of this board! This needs to happen. =D^ =D^ =D^ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha love this idea. But...the loser of the game has to hang onto the trophy. Because, well, throwing a clipboard at fans is exactly what a loser would do

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:42 am

My question probably too late for this week is: Looking back at the MSU game, does uncu keep the grandpa air attack as part of their game plan? Or do they move onto something more traditional?

My bold prediction: Coaches on future opposing teams will NOT wear pants that are too small.