Golden Coolie Questions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Golden Coolie Questions

Post by Common Cat » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:33 pm

Celtic and I will be recording on a more regular basis now that the season is about here. I’d love to send you a Golden Coolie! If you don’t know what that is, it’s our R&R Cat Cast branded coolie (we can’t say coozie or Koozie because it’s a trademarked name). Next episode is covering our schedule and our interview with Coach Vigen from Media Days. Submit your questions- we will
read them and select one as the winner. If your question is selected, I’ll send you a Golden Coolie in the mail. As always we appreciate the support and you can check us out on Twitter @rrcatcast or www.rrcatcast.com

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:15 pm

Ryan and I will be recording either tonight or Monday with an opinion heavy episode on the current state of our culture and we will share our Vigen audio as well. Send in any question!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:48 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:15 pm
Ryan and I will be recording either tonight or Monday with an opinion heavy episode on the current state of our culture and we will share our Vigen audio as well. Send in any question!
How close is MSU to providing full Cost of attendance scholarships?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:49 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:48 pm
Common Cat wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:15 pm
How close is MSU to providing full Cost of attendance scholarships?
That’d be above our pay grade there, Bob. :wink:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:10 pm

Who leads the team in sacks?

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:25 am

Which players that didn’t play in 2019, are going to come in and surprise with major contributions this year. I think it’s such a great question because we’ve had so many good recruits I’ve been waiting to watch.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:30 am

Also Choate contributed to the program in tangible ways off the field. He had organized some charity events and even arranged some players go overseas to help build houses. Does our current have a similar view of instilling character or are they just all about football?

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:11 am

How does Coach Vigen prioritise recruiting? Does he go after position groups by priority, or, is it more about looking at the cupboard and deciding on strategy based on who's in and who's not?
Last edited by catsrback76 on Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:30 pm

If you could switch one of our away games to a home game which would also require switching one of our home games to an away game, which ones would you flip around and why? ( No switching the Cat-griz game as the whinning from the u of Missoula would be unbearable. :lol: besides we own them and whatever stadium we play them in anyway.)
Alternate question is: If you could, which of the conference teams that we are not scheduled to play this year would you rather play than one of the teams we are playing?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:42 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:30 pm
If you could switch one of our away games to a home game which would also require switching one of our home games to an away game, which ones would you flip around and why? ( No switching the Cat-griz game as the whinning from the u of Missoula would be unbearable. :lol: besides we own them and whatever stadium we play them in anyway.)
Alternate question is: If you could, which of the conference teams that we are not scheduled to play this year would you rather play than one of the teams we are playing?
This is a great question. We ended up recording Saturday night - but will use these going into next week.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:56 pm

I am always trying to think of a good question but come up empty. This group comes up with excellent questions. Great job BOBCATS.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:05 pm

How many tackles does Robby already have in this year's Cat griz game?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:43 am

Just listened to your most recent podcast. Fun to finally be talking about football, thanks again for putting these together. It’s hard to make a preseason prediction as we haven’t seen anyone play and all the teams will likely look different than expected. That being said I think we beat eastern and um this year. We out physical both teams and um will likely have a downgrade at qb this year. Griz fans are high on their running backs and oline, but I don’t think they can rely on that unit like we can.

I also think we lose to Weber and one team we have no business losing to. As is per bobcat tradition.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:51 am

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:43 am
Just listened to your most recent podcast. Fun to finally be talking about football, thanks again for putting these together. It’s hard to make a preseason prediction as we haven’t seen anyone play and all the teams will likely look different than expected. That being said I think we beat eastern and um this year. We out physical both teams and um will likely have a downgrade at qb this year. Griz fans are high on their running backs and oline, but I don’t think they can rely on that unit like we can.

I also think we lose to Weber and one team we have no business losing to. As is per bobcat tradition.
My vote for that would be PSU, but you're right there's always one isn't there.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:22 am

How good is Matt McKay and what is he adding to this teams dynamics? He has been getting plenty of recognition around the league and media. If he is a gamer, and the leader he looks to be, I think it could be a special season. Just watching his previous tape and reading what others observed I can comfortably say he's at least in the top third of big sky quarterbacks if not better. I think he is going to be good!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:32 am

Thanks everyone for the questions! We are going to record a season preview episode on Monday so we've saved a bunch of football related questions for that episode, we'll get to your question!

As for the episode we just released today, congrats to @Joe Bobcat for winning a Golden Coolie! Reach out to @Common Cat with your information and he'll get one sent out - unless you want to wait until Gold Rush and we can hand deliver!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Thanks again for all the questions, we answered as many as we could during our preview episode - a Reddit user ended up winning, not sure if he posts here or not.

Starting tonight we are back into our normal season mode - recap the previous game and preview the next. We record every Monday, so if you have any questions pertaining to the previous game, upcoming opponent, or anything in between just let us know!

We are recording our Wyoming preview tonight, let us know if you have any questions. We're going the chat about newly released depth chart as well.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:16 pm

Does the defense give up under 35 points this weekend? And do they get any takeaways?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:33 pm

Which coach(Vigen, Housewright,or Banks) will someone want fired first on the gameday thread? :lol:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:37 pm

This hasn't really been discussed but Wyoming has the highest elevation stadium in the country. Even though it's week 1 and everybody should be in the best shape of their lives after not playing in over 600 days, will this have a negative impact on us? NAU is always a challenge when playing in Flagstaff and Laramie is even higher.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!