Golden Coolie Questions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Golden Coolie Questions

Post by RockyBearCat » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:42 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:06 pm
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:03 pm
Two questions:
How much was Troy paid by the Rocking R to do that god awful commercial they always play on the big screen and on commercial breaks?

Was he compensated enough to account for how much grief he must get from his teammates every time it’s played?
Somebody make a meme that says "Hey, touchdown!" that we can share every time the Cats score. You're right, it's a terrible commercial but I love it. Happy for him to get something, even though it's probably a couple R Bar hats and one Coors Light a week when he shows up to sign autographs.
Your wish is my command... link at i [dot] imgur [dot] com/FwnNuwc.jpg

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 pm

Golden Coolies will now come with one of these :D

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:47 am

Common Cat wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 pm
Golden Coolies will now come with one of these :D
Cool...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:05 am

coloradocat wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:11 pm
bobcatfan123 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:03 pm
Two questions:
How much was Troy paid by the Rocking R to do that god awful commercial they always play on the big screen and on commercial breaks?

Was he compensated enough to account for how much grief he must get from his teammates every time it’s played?
I think he just needs to keep scoring touchdowns and point to the video board replay afterwards.

Every time I watch this clip I have to wonder if the QB was thinking, how the hell did 15 get clear over there to intercept that pass he was standing if front of me just a second ago.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

catsRus
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catsRus » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 pm

What is going to happen first, will Touchdown Tommy throw a pass or catch a pass?

Go Cats!
FTG

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:56 am

catsRus wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:18 pm
What is going to happen first, will Touchdown Tommy throw a pass or catch a pass?
This is a close one, but I'll go with THROW a pass.

I hope there's several of both by the time the Brawl rolls around. That way Bobby will have another reason to explain why his team wasn't prepared......"we had to spend practice time preparing for Tommy" \:D/

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:01 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:56 am
catsRus wrote:

I hope there's several of both by the time the Brawl rolls around. That way Bobby will have another reason to explain why his team wasn't prepared......"we had to spend practice time preparing for Tommy" \:D/
Nah-he'd just say #16 because he can't be bothered to know the names of any of our players.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:22 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:01 pm
The MICKSTER wrote:
catsRus wrote:

Nah-he'd just say #16 because he can't be bothered to know the names of any of our players.
He knows them, it's part of coach speak. Listen to any coach interview.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:22 pm

BelgradeBobcat wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
catsRus wrote:

As I learned in the Poly thread, this is actually some very forward thinking by Hauck. I used to think it came across as childish and disrespectful to just say numbers when we knew he knew damn well their names. But using peoples names implies that you think that individual is more important than the team.

Sure, he could say Andersen in his press conference. But he knows better. All players are equal, and all of them play identical rolls on this team. A Troy Andersen is in no way any more valuable than any other members of this team, so for him to have Andersen on his jersey or for Hauck to say his name, that’d just be a me first attitude and not putting team first.

Good work by Hauck. Ahead of his own time.

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:43 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:22 pm
BelgradeBobcat wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:
catsRus wrote:

As I learned in the Poly thread, this is actually some very forward thinking by Hauck. I used to think it came across as childish and disrespectful to just say numbers when we knew he knew damn well their names. But using peoples names implies that you think that individual is more important than the team.

Sure, he could say Andersen in his press conference. But he knows better. All players are equal, and all of them play identical rolls on this team. A Troy Andersen is in no way any more valuable than any other members of this team, so for him to have Andersen on his jersey or for Hauck to say his name, that’d just be a me first attitude and not putting team first.

Good work by Hauck. Ahead of his own time.
In Bobby's 2019 post Brawl press conference he did say....."we didn't know Troy wasn't going to play til last night.....". So 'at times' he does use names not numbers. He seldom uses the word Bobcats though.....usually just them or they.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:38 am

Lots to talk about tonight after the Weber win, his us up with any questions you want us to chat about!

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Vigen said something of the affect that he understands the offense needs to get better and they will be working on it (can't remember the exact quote) Do you anticipate a few new wrinkles in the offensive scheme to be put on display against Idaho State?

Weber was a tough opponent and their Defense looked better than expected. Any chance they give Eastern Washington problems this upcoming weekend?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:31 pm

We just played our toughest opponent of the season so far in Weber State but do we know any more about our team today than we did last Monday?

(Defense dominated an average offense. Offense struggled against a good defense. Kicking game still great.)

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:12 pm

I hesitate to even ask this but if we need to replace McKay in any of our remaining games who do you expect the coaches will put in? does your answer change given different game situations such as: we have a big lead vs. we are virtually tied vs. we are behind by more than 1 TD?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 am

We're going to recap the ISU game tonight, no EWU preview, that will be next week.

So shoot us any questions about the ISU win or anything else on your mind as we head into the bye week!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:43 am

After the Weber game,in Housewright's interview he said that the offense needs to improve from a coordinators perspective. What were those improvements against Idaho State that warranted keeping a starting quarterback and running back in the game against a 1-6 team?

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:18 pm

I want a sticker for my water bottle so here's the best question i can come up with...

In order for the cats to win against EWU, which one player has to play lights out in order for us to succeed?

Edit: Bonus question, how do the bobcats stop or at least slow Barriere aside from breaking his leg :lol: That's just a joke, I don't wish injury on anyone. But seriously, how do you do it? Is there historical perspective from past games in past years where he's had a bad game? If so, what did the opposing defense do?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:16 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:18 pm
I want a sticker for my water bottle so here's the best question i can come up with...

In order for the cats to win against EWU, which one player has to play lights out in order for us to succeed?

Edit: Bonus question, how do the bobcats stop or at least slow Barriere aside from breaking his leg :lol: That's just a joke, I don't wish injury on anyone. But seriously, how do you do it? Is there historical perspective from past games in past years where he's had a bad game? If so, what did the opposing defense do?
Thanks for the question! We are recording the EWU preview tonight so if anyone has any questions or whatever, let us know!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:19 am

What is the most important thing the Cats need to do on Saturday to come out on top, other than score more points :lol:

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:04 pm

Which of the following 3 drinking games would result in the largest consumption of alcohol and thus the highest level of intoxication?
1. You have to take a drink every time a post in the EWU game thread mentions rust.
2. You have to take a drink every time a post in the EWU game thread mentions red carpet.
3. You have to take a drink for every error that still exists on the MSU football roster
(wrong jersey numbers, weights that weren’t updated, whatever, If it’s wrong you drink)

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!