All sports cancelled this Fall?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Obzerver
BobcatNation Letterman

All sports cancelled this Fall?

Post by Obzerver » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:39 am

We know Football is done for Fall but EWU announced yesterday that all Fall sports are now cancelled. Have you guys heard if that is a Big Sky Conference wide decision?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Re: All sports cancelled this Fall?

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:51 am

Obzerver wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:39 am
We know Football is done for Fall but EWU announced yesterday that all Fall sports are now cancelled. Have you guys heard if that is a Big Sky Conference wide decision?
Are they saying cancelled completely or potential for spring games? A complete cancellation at this point seems like they are jumping the gun. Nobody knows what the situation will be in April.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:02 am

They didn't cancel fall sports they suspended them.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:05 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:02 am
They didn't cancel fall sports they suspended them.
I am not sure that is what Obzerber posted. Read his post regarding EWU.

Obzerver
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Obzerver » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:08 am

Right right postponed. I just haven't seen anything from BSC bout postponement of all sports. Knew they had delayed the start of soccer, volleyball and cross country but now no season at all this fall...at least for EWU. Also golf and tennis fall activities.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:27 am

Please post a link that says EWU has cancelled fall sports.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:33 am

Obzerver wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:08 am
Right right postponed. I just haven't seen anything from BSC bout postponement of all sports. Knew they had delayed the start of soccer, volleyball and cross country but now no season at all this fall...at least for EWU. Also golf and tennis fall activities.
To the best of my knowledge, Big Sky members voted to postpone the football season with an eye towards a possible spring season. I am not sure about the other sports. I don’t think any Big Sky school has decided to completely cancel football this academic year.

Obzerver
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Obzerver » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:49 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:27 am
Please post a link that says EWU has cancelled fall sports.
https://goeags.com/news/2020/8/10/gener ... ended.aspx

There was already delay of season for other fall sports but this reads no fall sports for at least EWU.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:06 am

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:50 pm

We need to play Missoula College somehow this fall.

I was day dreaming of a Montana Championship Cup where the MT NAIA schools play into a semifinal against the Cats and grizz. Then play the final and consolation game to determine the best team in the state and pecking order. I think you could get a nice TV deal to cover all the costs.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:16 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:50 pm

I was day dreaming of a Montana Championship Cup where the MT NAIA schools play into a semifinal against the Cats and grizz. Then play the final and consolation game to determine the best team in the state and pecking order. I think you could get a nice TV deal to cover all the costs.
If all the NAIA teams in the state constructed an all star team with all the best players in the league and then squared up against the Cats... it might be a close game but probably not.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:42 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:

I know this is likely just a wishful thinking type of thing but just to put to rest any of these ideas of some football games this fall, from the linked Big Sky article above:
Additionally, the Presidents’ Council confirmed that non-conference contests will not be permitted in any Big Sky fall sport, including football.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:23 pm

kmax wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:42 pm
Darth Yoda wrote:

I know this is likely just a wishful thinking type of thing but just to put to rest any of these ideas of some football games this fall, from the linked Big Sky article above:
Additionally, the Presidents’ Council confirmed that non-conference contests will not be permitted in any Big Sky fall sport, including football.
So you are saying there might be a chance?