Dixie State

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Dixie State

Post by coloradocat » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:33 pm

What do you think the chances are that we play Dixie State in 2020?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Dixie State

Post by gtapp » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Zero now.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:49 am

50/50 But doubt any fans will be allowed.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:49 pm

I think there's a very good chance as long as both teams want to play.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 pm

But can they sue MSU for the travel guarantee? Heh

No fans in the stands means it isn’t worth paying them to travel to Bozeman. Why throw away money for a glorified practice?

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:45 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 pm

No fans in the stands means it isn’t worth paying them to travel to Bozeman. Why throw away money for a glorified practice?
Very doubtful they would win that case.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:48 pm

PapaG wrote:

Why? The players. Unless money is the only thing that matters.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:38 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:45 pm
PapaG wrote:

Very doubtful they would win that case.
So they are going to travel from Utah to Bozeman to practice in front of no fans for free? If they make the trip, MSU is going to have to pay them the guarantee. Seems like a horrible business decision if that’s the case.

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:40 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:48 pm
PapaG wrote:

Playing one game against Dixie State with no fans is for the players. I was told that they can’t play this fall because it is too dangerous. Also, yes, money does matter for more than ever for universities, and I hope every decision is being made with cost-efficiency at the front.

What a ride

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:40 pm
iaafan wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Playing one game against Dixie State with no fans is for the players. I was told that they can’t play this fall because it is too dangerous. Also, yes, money does matter for more than ever for universities, and I hope every decision is being made with cost-efficiency at the front.
Did MSU cancel the BSC season? Were you told by Choate, Costello or someone else associated with the school and or athletics department that MSU is the reason the season was cancelled and it's because it's too dangerous to play this fall?

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:50 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 pm
PapaG wrote:
iaafan wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Did MSU cancel the BSC season? Were you told by Choate, Costello or someone else associated with the school and or athletics department that MSU is the reason the season was cancelled and it's because it's too dangerous to play this fall?
Did you somehow miss the announcement fro Costello, Choate, and players in leadership that they aren't playing this fall? Dixie State isn’t going to pay for their trip to Bozeman on their own, and with no fans. It’s delusional to think this game is a possibility.

What a ride

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:25 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:50 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 pm
PapaG wrote:
iaafan wrote:
PapaG wrote:

Did you somehow miss the announcement fro Costello, Choate, and players in leadership that they aren't playing this fall? Dixie State isn’t going to pay for their trip to Bozeman on their own, and with no fans. It’s delusional to think this game is a possibility.
Didn't answer my question. I heard the announcement. The announcement was made because the BSC canceled the BSC season. MSU didn't go to the NCAA, or the BSC and say we can't play this is too dangerous. Maybe they did, but I don't think so. That was my point since you previously said they wouldn't play Dixie because you have heard it's too dangerous.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:48 pm

IMUO they will play Dixie State in late Sept. or early Oct. and it'll be the Gold Rush game. People can make cardboard cutouts wearing Gold Rush t-shirt of themselves or whoever and drop them off for MSU staff to place in seats around the stadium. MSU will have a suggested donation to offset the cost/lost revenue of the game. The payout will be renegotiated with MSU making a return trip to Dixie. ROOT will carry it live and proceeds will go to MSU Athletics.

(Make sure you know what IMUO stands for)

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:35 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:48 pm
IMUO they will play Dixie State in late Sept. or early Oct. and it'll be the Gold Rush game. People can make cardboard cutouts wearing Gold Rush t-shirt of themselves or whoever and drop them off for MSU staff to place in seats around the stadium. MSU will have a suggested donation to offset the cost/lost revenue of the game. The payout will be renegotiated with MSU making a return trip to Dixie. ROOT will carry it live and proceeds will go to MSU Athletics.

$100 bet on that game being played, Tom? PM me.

What a ride

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:39 pm

TomCat88 wrote:

Will they place my cardboard cutout where my exact season tickets are at? I can’t see this working unless they put the cutouts in the exact seats we are assigned. Otherwise, it would be total chaos!😉

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:13 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:35 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

It doesn't sound like you know what IMUO means. PM me and I'll tell you. :wink:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:39 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Will they place my cardboard cutout where my exact season tickets are at? I can’t see this working unless they put the cutouts in the exact seats we are assigned. Otherwise, it would be total chaos!😉
LOL! Yes, if you put your section and seat number and row on the back of your cardboard cutout, then IMUO they will do just that.

toM StUber

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:13 pm
PapaG wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I’m not a teenage on text. My daughters have that covered for me. What does it mean?

What a ride

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:37 pm

PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

I’m not a teenage on text. My daughters have that covered for me. What does it mean?
They probably don't even know. I just invented it! In My Uneducated Opinion. You can literally say anything with that disclaimer. Ha!

toM StUber

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:04 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:37 pm
PapaG wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:35 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
PapaG wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

They probably don't even know. I just invented it! In My Uneducated Opinion. You can literally say anything with that disclaimer. Ha!
It actually means In My Uninformed Opinion.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.