Roster updated

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Roster updated

Post by FTG247365 » Fri May 14, 2021 12:58 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:21 am
Joe Olson, Kyle Finch, Michael Jobman
Wow...a little shocked by Finch and Jobman. Talk about losing some upper classmen and experience. Hate seeing the Montana guys leave.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:58 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Wow...a little shocked by Finch and Jobman. Talk about losing some upper classmen and experience. Hate seeing the Montana guys leave.
I thought both of them were number 2 on the depth chart so that means a lot of playing time. Curious as to why they left.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri May 14, 2021 1:55 pm

gtapp wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
I thought both of them were number 2 on the depth chart so that means a lot of playing time. Curious as to why they left.
Jobman would have been in Year 6 in year program I think. That may have played a role.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri May 14, 2021 1:59 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

+1

losing 2 seniors (starters or backups) is a major loss.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri May 14, 2021 2:02 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:55 pm
gtapp wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:22 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:
Jobman would have been in Year 6 in year program I think. That may have played a role.
Interesting article from last month concerning Finch and Jobman.
https://www.montanasports.com/sports/bi ... mic-honors

Three Montana State Bobcats and two Montana Western Bulldogs have been named as members of the National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame (NFF) Honor Society, the NFF announced Monday.

Defensive lineman Kyle Finch and linebackers Blake Flovin and Michael Jobman were recognized for Montana State, while quarterback Sean Miller and offensive lineman Brady Schulz received the honor from Montana Western.
Nominated by their respective schools, members of the NFF Hampshire Honor Society must have:

Completed their final year of playing eligibility in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 (graduated players who have remaining eligibility but will not return to collegiate play may also have been nominated)
Attained a minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.2 (4.0 scale)
Met all NCAA/NAIA-mandated progress toward degree requirements
Been starters or significant contributors throughout the 2020-21 season

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Buckaroo Bonzi
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Buckaroo Bonzi » Fri May 14, 2021 4:11 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:09 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 10:05 am
Some around here need to turn down your worry knob. Every departure is not an 11.
And there is nothing that says why they departed.
Here are some good reasons:
- Got a diploma and are ready for next phase of life.
- Injuries added up and losing a step in the game and hung it up - happens to OL every year.
- lost the passion for playing
- too deep on the depth chart and going somewhere for playing time.
- OK, were cut by the coach
I think for Finch ~ Got a diploma and are ready for the next phase of life . A High Paying Job ~ I heard :thumbup:

Where ever you go , There you are .... Protect the Rock ~ Create TurnOvers ~ Execute on every Play

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:12 pm

Ok....
It's June 1st. School is out for the summer.
Coaching decisions probably made.
Portal entries should be about done.
Offers out but no commits!!!!
What does the roster look like now?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:13 am

Blake Flovin not listed.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:40 am

Cole Oster not listed

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:23 am

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:40 am
Cole Oster not listed
Oster entered the portal yesterday.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:05 pm

I noticed it wasn't really talked about anymore after mid May, but James Campbell is still on the roster and has his media day pic posted on the Cats Instagram. Guess he stayed!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:05 pm
I noticed it wasn't really talked about anymore after mid May, but James Campbell is still on the roster and has his media day pic posted on the Cats Instagram. Guess he stayed!
Guys are also changing numbers like crazy. They didn't have a #45 listed on the "Bobcat by Numbers" post for that day and I thought we lost Derryk Snell...but no he just switched to #8. However, that also means Matt McKay is going to have a new number since he was the current #8. McKay was #7 during his NC State days but Casey Bauman is currently #7. Does this mean one of them is gone? Will a fall season even happen? Can Brent Vigen even recruit (and is he actually Vegan)? Is Freddie Banks good enough to be a DC? Does Jeff Choate still actually run the team from Texas using Jory? Is the new Endzone Building good enough for our country club eyes? Will Troy play in a wheelchair this year?

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:26 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:14 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Guys are also changing numbers like crazy. They didn't have a #45 listed on the "Bobcat by Numbers" post for that day and I thought we lost Derryk Snell...but no he just switched to #8. However, that also means Matt McKay is going to have a new number since he was the current #8. McKay was #7 during his NC State days but Casey Bauman is currently #7. Does this mean one of them is gone? Will a fall season even happen? Can Brent Vigen even recruit (and is he actually Vegan)? Is Freddie Banks good enough to be a DC? Does Jeff Choate still actually run the team from Texas using Jory? Is the new Endzone Building good enough for our country club eyes? Will Troy play in a wheelchair this year?
All very valid questions.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:05 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
If the moon was made of ribs, would ya eat it?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:17 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
:lol: I noticed that about Snell too. When I read the 45 days article I immediately went went the roster to look for him. Whew!

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:50 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:05 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:45 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
It would be bad for Bobby if he prepares all week for Troy in a wheelchair, and then he's not in a wheelchair.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:19 pm

CatBot wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:45 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
It would be bad for Bobby if he prepares all week for Troy in a wheelchair, and then he's not in a wheelchair.
Or, he prepares all week for troy not in a wheelchair, and TA is in a wheelchair..... same result. Griz get their asses kicked.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:33 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:05 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
That's silly. The moon is made of cheese. I believe it is similar to swiss.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:32 am

VimSince03 wrote:

I thought we lost Derryk Snell...but no he just switched to #8. However, that also means Matt McKay is going to have a new number since he was the current #8. McKay was #7 during his NC State days but Casey Bauman is currently #7.
McKay wore #1 in high school, but that isn't available. Only number available is 9, assuming Andersen (15) will play some offense. So looks like McKay is 9 unless he goes Doug Flutie or Paul "Wrecking" Crewe.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber