Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3666
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:46 pm

At the bottom of several posts on Egriz the following appears:

"Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

It was nice last fall...but we only played 4. I think they had enough...


2020 Beat the Covids!

User avatar
CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7815
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:37 am

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Helcat72 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:46 pm
At the bottom of several posts on Egriz the following appears:

"Bobby Hauck 2008 (After beating the kittens)

"I wish there were 5 quarters in this game, so we could kick their asses some more!"

It was nice last fall...but we only played 4. I think they had enough...
We could have put 90 on them if it wasn’t for Dante Olson and Robby Hauck’s 56 combined tackles in that game! 😃



imacat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 875
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by imacat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm

We could have put 90 on them if it wasn’t for Dante Olson and Robby Hauck’s 56 combined tackles in that game! 😃
[/quote]

I know!!!! Robby Hauck had a monster game. He was all over the field. The kid is an absolute beast.

I will never forget the buzz in Bobcat Stadium as people filed out at game’s end. Shaking their heads in disbelief on witnessing Robby’s performance. It was all anyone could talk about.



Clinton T
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:30 pm
Location: Great Falls

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by Clinton T » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:42 pm

imacat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm
We could have put 90 on them if it wasn’t for Dante Olson and Robby Hauck’s 56 combined tackles in that game! 😃
It was painfully obvious to all who watched that our backs were petrified of Robby. So much so that they apparently ran away from him on every play.



User avatar
coloradocat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 648
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by coloradocat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:05 pm

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:42 pm
imacat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm
We could have put 90 on them if it wasn’t for Dante Olson and Robby Hauck’s 56 combined tackles in that game! 😃
It was painfully obvious to all who watched that our backs were petrified of Robby. So much so that they apparently ran away from him on every play.
The end zone was their safe space. \:D/



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4500
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by RickRund » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:15 pm

Robby who?



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2499
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by 77matcat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:26 pm

😂🤣😂



User avatar
catsrback76
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7563
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: 2300 meters up in Ethiopia!

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by catsrback76 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:48 am

This explains a lot. I thought the griz were playing a man short in the defensive backfield. Come to find out, they were! :D



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5333
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:04 am

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:42 pm
imacat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm
We could have put 90 on them if it wasn’t for Dante Olson and Robby Hauck’s 56 combined tackles in that game! 😃
It was painfully obvious to all who watched that our backs were petrified of Robby. So much so that they apparently ran away from him on every play.
Except the ones where they ran over him. If you can call it that. He’s the first defender I’ve ever seen trying to dodge tackles. :lol: Maybe he should play running back?



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4500
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by RickRund » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:01 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:04 am
Clinton T wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:42 pm
imacat wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:51 pm
We could have put 90 on them if it wasn’t for Dante Olson and Robby Hauck’s 56 combined tackles in that game! 😃
It was painfully obvious to all who watched that our backs were petrified of Robby. So much so that they apparently ran away from him on every play.
Except the ones where they ran over him. If you can call it that. He’s the first defender I’ve ever seen trying to dodge tackles. :lol: Maybe he should play running back?
All running plays go over robby with tight ends leading... And trailing by a step are all the BIG THUNDER OL..



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3073
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:49 am

Overran this one.



Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7129
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:10 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:49 am
Overran this one.

Probably still credited for a tackle.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4419
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:49 am
Overran this one.

Probably still credited for a tackle.

Well obviously he would get an assisted tackle for that one. He touched his jersey and made him change direction. Duh.

Side note- but I have never seen anyone miss a tackle so bad that it caused an injury to the tackler. How is that even possible... (Did he come up holding his leg?)


FTG- GO CATS GO!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5333
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Ah yes, It's nice to reminisce....

Post by iaafan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:10 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 pm
91catAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:49 am
Overran this one.

Probably still credited for a tackle.

Well obviously he would get an assisted tackle for that one. He touched his jersey and made him change direction. Duh.

Side note- but I have never seen anyone miss a tackle so bad that it caused an injury to the tackler. How is that even possible... (Did he come up holding his leg?)
Yes! I was just going to say something similar. Kids use that move in small fry football all the time. Got burnt and came up limping. Lol!!



Post Reply