Espnu

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

braves84
BobcatNation Redshirt

Espnu

Post by braves84 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:50 pm

Has msu-ndsu replay in about an hour from last years playoff game.
For those who saw the game how would you rank the Montana wide receivers akem, toure, your guy Jonson an ndsu wide receiver Christian Watson.
I am biased to whom I think how they rank just curious to hear your guys opinion. Thanks.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Espnu

Post by BozoneCat » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:10 pm

Watson’s speed is another level. We simply could not control him. He’s young, I don’t think he has mastered the finer skills of playing receiver yet, but he has the ability to do so. He’s next-level.

I think it’s going to be tough to find a better WR tandem than the griz have with Akem and Toure. They are both really, really good. I think they will miss having a guy like Curran to complement them this year, and I don’t think they’ll have a QB as good as Sneed delivering them the ball, so it will be interesting to see what their numbers look like this year.

Jonsen was awesome, and still so raw. His athleticism was off the charts, and the MSU coaches used him in so many ways. Give him a couple more years to master the art of playing WR, he could be great. I don’t think he’s quite as fast as Watson, but only by a notch. He’s faster than the griz duo, but probably not as refined with technique. He was a really good blocker and played a lot of special teams too, so the all-around impact he had was monstrous.

If I had to pick one, I’d take Watson. Speed kills.

GO CATS GO!!!

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Here's a link to the youtube Montana State - NDSU replay.

I've watched it a few times, but not as often as the Cat/Griz, Cats vs Austin Peay, and Cats vs Albany games, which are all available at Wally the Bronco Too's channel.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:26 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:10 pm
Watson’s speed is another level. We simply could not control him. He’s young, I don’t think he has mastered the finer skills of playing receiver yet, but he has the ability to do so. He’s next-level.

I think it’s going to be tough to find a better WR tandem than the griz have with Akem and Toure. They are both really, really good. I think they will miss having a guy like Curran to complement them this year, and I don’t think they’ll have a QB as good as Sneed delivering them the ball, so it will be interesting to see what their numbers look like this year.

Jonsen was awesome, and still so raw. His athleticism was off the charts, and the MSU coaches used him in so many ways. Give him a couple more years to master the art of playing WR, he could be great. I don’t think he’s quite as fast as Watson, but only by a notch. He’s faster than the griz duo, but probably not as refined with technique. He was a really good blocker and played a lot of special teams too, so the all-around impact he had was monstrous.

Curran hasn’t played for two years.

The wr from NDSU was off the charts, and considerably better than both UM receivers.

If your left, you aren’t right.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:25 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:26 pm
BozoneCat wrote:

The wr from NDSU was off the charts, and considerably better than both UM receivers.
Guaranteed on Watson. And he has a qb that CAN get him the ball consistently.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:24 pm

RickRund wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:25 pm
Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

Guaranteed on Watson. And he has a qb that CAN get him the ball consistently.
Watson is the best receiver I have ever seen in person. It helps greatly that he plays with a once and a lifetime FCS QB. I have never seen an NFL game nor have I seen a big time FBS game, but Watson is a freak show in my eyes. Cooper Kupp was excellent at creating space and getting open, but Watson has that effortless speed and has the same sense to find open spots just like Cooper Kupp did.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:47 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:

As I recall Curran did play in the 2018 Cat Griz. I am certain he had a couple or even 3 key catches for first downs in the second half. On one of those catches a griz fan I was watching the game with said stick a fork in this one the griz are going to get a TD on this drive blaaa blaa blaa and win bla bla bla.

Watson has it all.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!