Skyline Sports preseason All-Big Sky picks

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Re: Skyline Sports preseason All-Big Sky picks

Post by Cledus » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:44 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 pm
If you're basing your perception of any defender on the Griz roster solely based on the Cat/Griz games, especially last year, you aren't going to be impressed with anybody except for maybe Dante Olson.

Hauck benefits from the system he plays him but he is a good player. I also think he is a bit of a dirty player, but that's neither here nor there.
Being a coach's kid, I always believed he would have good fundamentals. Whether or not that's enough to earn a spot over other players with better measurables is clearly up for debate.

Having said all that, if he's so good why didn't he make um his first choice over NAU? It seems like his daddy has a little pull and influence there. :-k :-k

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:27 pm

CelticCat wrote:
If you're basing your perception of any defender on the Griz roster solely based on the Cat/Griz games, especially last year, you aren't going to be impressed with anybody except for maybe Dante Olson.

Hauck benefits from the system he plays him but he is a good player. I also think he is a bit of a dirty player, but that's neither here nor there.
Shoot...I thought Jace Lewis was the only impact player on the Griz defense that day. Jace is also really good regardless.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:32 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:27 pm
CelticCat wrote:

Shoot...I thought Jace Lewis was the only impact player on the Griz defense that day. Jace is also really good regardless.
Lewis is better than Olson.