Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10126
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:13 am

Starts today at 10 MST. I'll be interested to hear Commissioner Tom Wistrcill's State of the Address right off the bat, but I'm guessing there won't be any new information there. Polls and all-conference teams will be released during the event as well.

It will stream on PlutoTV.

Here is the schedule, looks like Choate will go 2nd today behind Barnum. Which is awesome because I love listening to Barnum. :lol:

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2020/7/17/b ... 23-24.aspx

2020 Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff Schedule
Day 1 – Thursday, July 23rd
(In order beginning at 10 a.m. MT)
State of the Address, Big Sky Commissioner Tom Wistrcill
Big Sky Football Preseason Coaches and Media Polls
Bruce Barnum, PSU; Jeff Choate, MSU; Rob Phenicie, ISU
Dan Hawkins, UCD; Jay Hill, WSU; Ed McCaffrey, UNC; Troy Taylor, SAC
Chris Ball, NAU; Bobby Hauck, UM; Demario Warren, SUU
Beau Baldwin, CP; Aaron Best, EWU; Paul Petrino, UI

Day 2 – Friday, July 24th
(In order beginning at 10 a.m. MT)
Preseason All-Conference Teams, Craig Haley, STATS and Sam Herder, HERO SPORTS
Davis Alexander, PSU; Noah Sol, UNC; Samori Toure, UM
Stacy Chukwumezie, NAU; Lewis Kidd, MSU; Landen Measom, SUU
Eric Barriere, EWU; Josh Davis, WSU; Christian Ellis, UI; Matt Shotwell, CP
Tanner Conner, ISU; Elijah Dotson, SAC; Ulonzo Gilliam, UCD

Don’t forget to follow the 2020 Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff on Twitter by following @BigSkyFB and using the hashtag #BigSkyFBVirtualKickoff.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Re: Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff

Post by bobcatfan123 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:21 am

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:13 am
Starts today at 10 MST. I'll be interested to hear Commissioner Tom Wistrcill's State of the Address right off the bat, but I'm guessing there won't be any new information there. Polls and all-conference teams will be released during the event as well.

It will stream on PlutoTV.

Here is the schedule, looks like Choate will go 2nd today behind Barnum. Which is awesome because I love listening to Barnum. :lol:

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2020/7/17/b ... 23-24.aspx

2020 Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff Schedule
Day 1 – Thursday, July 23rd
(In order beginning at 10 a.m. MT)
State of the Address, Big Sky Commissioner Tom Wistrcill
Big Sky Football Preseason Coaches and Media Polls
Bruce Barnum, PSU; Jeff Choate, MSU; Rob Phenicie, ISU
Dan Hawkins, UCD; Jay Hill, WSU; Ed McCaffrey, UNC; Troy Taylor, SAC
Chris Ball, NAU; Bobby Hauck, UM; Demario Warren, SUU
Beau Baldwin, CP; Aaron Best, EWU; Paul Petrino, UI

Day 2 – Friday, July 24th
(In order beginning at 10 a.m. MT)
Preseason All-Conference Teams, Craig Haley, STATS and Sam Herder, HERO SPORTS
Davis Alexander, PSU; Noah Sol, UNC; Samori Toure, UM
Stacy Chukwumezie, NAU; Lewis Kidd, MSU; Landen Measom, SUU
Eric Barriere, EWU; Josh Davis, WSU; Christian Ellis, UI; Matt Shotwell, CP
Tanner Conner, ISU; Elijah Dotson, SAC; Ulonzo Gilliam, UCD

Don’t forget to follow the 2020 Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff on Twitter by following @BigSkyFB and using the hashtag #BigSkyFBVirtualKickoff.
I am at work and couldn't log on to see. Did the commissioner give any insights?



Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8437
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Big Sky Country
Contact:

Re: Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:03 am




User avatar
coloradocat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:03 am

bobcatfan123 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:21 am
CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:13 am
Starts today at 10 MST. I'll be interested to hear Commissioner Tom Wistrcill's State of the Address right off the bat, but I'm guessing there won't be any new information there. Polls and all-conference teams will be released during the event as well.

It will stream on PlutoTV.

Here is the schedule, looks like Choate will go 2nd today behind Barnum. Which is awesome because I love listening to Barnum. :lol:

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2020/7/17/b ... 23-24.aspx

2020 Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff Schedule
Day 1 – Thursday, July 23rd
(In order beginning at 10 a.m. MT)
State of the Address, Big Sky Commissioner Tom Wistrcill
Big Sky Football Preseason Coaches and Media Polls
Bruce Barnum, PSU; Jeff Choate, MSU; Rob Phenicie, ISU
Dan Hawkins, UCD; Jay Hill, WSU; Ed McCaffrey, UNC; Troy Taylor, SAC
Chris Ball, NAU; Bobby Hauck, UM; Demario Warren, SUU
Beau Baldwin, CP; Aaron Best, EWU; Paul Petrino, UI

Day 2 – Friday, July 24th
(In order beginning at 10 a.m. MT)
Preseason All-Conference Teams, Craig Haley, STATS and Sam Herder, HERO SPORTS
Davis Alexander, PSU; Noah Sol, UNC; Samori Toure, UM
Stacy Chukwumezie, NAU; Lewis Kidd, MSU; Landen Measom, SUU
Eric Barriere, EWU; Josh Davis, WSU; Christian Ellis, UI; Matt Shotwell, CP
Tanner Conner, ISU; Elijah Dotson, SAC; Ulonzo Gilliam, UCD

Don’t forget to follow the 2020 Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff on Twitter by following @BigSkyFB and using the hashtag #BigSkyFBVirtualKickoff.
I am at work and couldn't log on to see. Did the commissioner give any insights?
I didn't catch the commish's speech. It must have been quick. The first coaches group was a fun listen. Choate was the leader as usual but Barnum had some good lines. Definitely worth a listen/watch.



User avatar
coloradocat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff

Post by coloradocat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 am

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0485894868

Here's hour 2 of T&N from yesterday. Segment one is a distilled version of some of Choate's comments on the zoom call. Definitely listen to segment two if you want to hear a stark difference between Choate and Hack.

One note on the Choate audio in the second segment: they cut if off too soon. After he finished speaking, the host (a black woman who works for the conference) thanked Choate for his words.



Cataholic
Member # Retired
Posts: 2686
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Big Sky Football Virtual Kickoff

Post by Cataholic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:30 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:35 am
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0485894868

Here's hour 2 of T&N from yesterday. Segment one is a distilled version of some of Choate's comments on the zoom call. Definitely listen to segment two if you want to hear a stark difference between Choate and Hack.

One note on the Choate audio in the second segment: they cut if off too soon. After he finished speaking, the host (a black woman who works for the conference) thanked Choate for his words.
I listened to it yesterday and was planning on posting the link as well. I am proud to have Choate represent our program. At about the 27 or 28 minute mark, Tootel brings up how Choate and Hauck addressed racial tension in our society. If Tootel was giving grades for their remarks at the Big Sky Conference meeting, he would have gave Hauck an F and Choate an A. To summarize, Hauck gave a very disappointing response to a question regarding the topic. Choate was not even asked a question on race, yet prior to his time expiring, he mentioned that this was an important topic today and made a statement on race and his athletes. It was a proactive, thoughtful and encouraging message.



Post Reply