Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
NOCOcat2005
New Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by NOCOcat2005 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 pm

As a small Gov Democrat, I'm somewhat shocked at the response on my post! Is Trump a moron, yes! Should he be president of the greatest country in the world, hell no! This conversation is much larger then COVID-19, we have a president who has decided he is the juror and the judge of how people protest. Interesting coming from a guy who has never followed the law?? He literally deflects based on insecurities of his own corruption! But maybe we can all find common ground, we all want football season yes?? I do, make a plan for football and school, put safety measures in place! Its kinda sad, the people who want football and school the most, haven't done anything to make it happen! Grow up people, if u want football wear a mask and social distance. Also, if your truly small Gov like myself, tell Trump he can go bleep himself when he sends federal agents in to communities who aren't asking for it. Can u imagine Federal agents arresting protesters in Bozeman, that's messed up! Go Cats!



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4623
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:13 pm

LCH wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:04 pm
Yes absolutely a good thing that treatments are improving and helping to save some of the critically ill. But even with improved treatments our deaths have been increasing since the end of June. For information go to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. If you click on the USA and scroll down there is all the information you could want.
Hope this helps.
Gotcha. I misread what you said. I agree, deaths have been up the last few weeks compared to 4 weeks ago. Death RATE has been decreasing for a while now which I take as a great sign.



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4511
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by RickRund » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:36 pm

NOCOcat2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 pm
As a small Gov Democrat, I'm somewhat shocked at the response on my post! Is Trump a moron, yes! Should he be president of the greatest country in the world, hell no! This conversation is much larger then COVID-19, we have a president who has decided he is the juror and the judge of how people protest. Interesting coming from a guy who has never followed the law?? He literally deflects based on insecurities of his own corruption! But maybe we can all find common ground, we all want football season yes?? I do, make a plan for football and school, put safety measures in place! Its kinda sad, the people who want football and school the most, haven't done anything to make it happen! Grow up people, if u want football wear a mask and social distance. Also, if your truly small Gov like myself, tell Trump he can go bleep himself when he sends federal agents in to communities who aren't asking for it. Can u imagine Federal agents arresting protesters in Bozeman, that's messed up! Go Cats!
They ARE NOT protesting. They are destroying property. They are attempting to breaking into and destroy Federal buildings.

So it seems you have no issues with the violence and damage? Do you then feel all this should be handled as some of the mayor have been handling their cities, let them take over and burn and loot?

Last edited by RickRund on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.



ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4623
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 pm

onceacat wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:18 pm
LCH wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:51 pm
I didn't say death rates were increasing, I said since the end of June daily deaths have been increasing. See the site I posted for the actual numbers. You are correct that in June we had our lowest numbers of deaths which corresponded with the lowest rates of infection, most likely due to the lock down measures implemented in many states. I don't want to have to go back to the restrictions but people have to start respecting this virus.
It's strange...seems like the Venn diagram of people who really want to have things like bars open, fall football, kids in school, etc...are the EXACT same group of people who spread easily disproven lies and propaganda downplaying the severity of the virus.

Literally NOBODY wants lockdowns. But there's a weird segment of the population that is fighting tooth and nail to ensure that the rest of the country follows the disasters in Sweden and Florida. Its gotten to the point that I'm pretty convinced that nothing is going to convince them until things hit locally.
With all due respect, you were one who accused me of “moving goalposts” and spreading lies, and you were completely wrong on what I said and I proved that using actual words you spoke. So excuse me if I don’t jump on board with you here.

I don’t really care about bars being open, football played or schools being open per se. I don’t like to see any businesses forced to be closed, especially when others are allowed to be open. If that makes me bad than so be it.

Obviously is things were terrible locally that would change how we respond. Is that not how everything goes all the time? Kids get abused and murdered every day of the year. It’s disgusting and garbage. But I didn’t see anyone in Bozeman protesting and having candlelight vigils until we saw it in West Yellowstone. Does that mean we didn’t know it existed or didn’t care? Or is it because things got closer to home?

My father blew his head off in suicide. We all agree suicide is terrible. Even have months reserved just for its prevention. Are you guys all assholes because you’re not walking down streets and knocking on doors with me to create awareness? Are you all tone deaf and selfish? Do you not care about mental health? Would your own father have to blow his head off to “convince” you that suicide is real?

Should we close schools and businesses until we figure out our mental health issue in this country? Is it just the deaths we’re concerned about? Because I could share with you suicide deaths in this country if you’d like. Do you think there’s a chance everything going on now could lead to more of these deaths?

I’ll mirror what you said and say I think there’s this “weird segment” of the population that acts like this virus is the only thing that could lead to death right now. And this same “segment” acts like if people disagree with that they don’t give a ****** about lives. That’s garbage. I know it. You know it. I care about ALL lives. I’m just as concerned with the old man who might die of Covid as I am the little boy who got beat to death as I am the girl who died of cancer as I am the guy who screwed up and drove drunk and died as I am the guy who just couldn’t handle life anymore and put a gun in his mouth.

No life is more important than another. And until I see this virus as being far more deadly than other forms of dying, you’ll have to excuse me if I don’t give it the respect you think it deserves. But just like in March, April, May, June and now July....I’m far more likely to die any other way, as is almost anyone, so I’ll continue giving it the same amount of thought until I’m shown otherwise.

I’d love for people to hop out of their bubble and see the rest of what life can offer.....and take away.



NOCOcat2005
New Recruit
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:49 pm

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by NOCOcat2005 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 pm

So maybe a reminder to all of Bobcat Nation, we are all bobcat fans, but not all Kool aid drinking Republicans, yes I'm not a fan of UM, but some of us actually have balls you morons!



User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8295
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by cats2506 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 am

coochorama42 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:56 pm
cats2506 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:37 pm
coochorama42 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:19 pm
Funny, my father-in-law (two tours of duty in Vietnam, retired NYPD Detective, retired Customs/Homeland Security, staunch Republican) has no problem wearing a mask in public and social distancing. Why, you might ask? Because he recognizes that this is not a political issue. Just because you are conservative does not mean that you have to ignore facts or invent them to support your selfish actions.

To summarize:

Cloth masks help other people in case you are infected. It severely impedes fluid flow when you cough, sneeze, yell, chant, etc. Staying a safe distance away from others is still the best prevention method, but masks (and eye protection help some). Cloth masks do not help the wearer much but it helps others a lot.

The POTUS is actively trying to suppress testing. Read any article from a reliable source and you will see that this is true. You cannot blame the "Dems" for making this political and not acknowledge that the "Dems" want to expand testing significantly and employ contact tracing whereas the POTUS is threatening to veto any stimulus package that doesn't cut testing. You cannot blame the "Dems" for making this political and not acknowledge that the "Dems" want to actually test aggressively.

The original shutdown didn't work. People ignored advice and did what they wanted. We still haven't made it out of the first wave of this pandemic. We have made improvements on treatment of the virus, but we do not "know how to treat this virus now". That is a gross overstatement. Remember that just because the death rate of those hospitalized is decreasing does not mean that the long-term effects are being addressed. A significant number of those infected have long-term/permanent heart and/or lung damage. 143,000+ people have died from this virus in the US alone. That is more American deaths (since March) than American deaths in every war, conflict, and terrorist attack combined since World War II. Let that linger for a moment. The Korean War. The Vietnam Conflict. Oklahoma City, Desert Storm. 9/11. The War on Terror. Benghazi. We've had more deaths in this country in the last four months to one virus than in all of these combined.

Science is fluid. Our understanding of the virus and how it has transmitted has changed since we first dealt with it four months ago. If you look at an initial recommendation and think of it as fact, you just don't understand how the world works. As we learn more, we adapt. That's the way the world works. If you want normalcy as soon as possible, the best thing you can do is follow the advice (and mandates) on best practices and convince all those around you to do so as well. I want to watch the Bobcats play football too. I want normalcy as well. Our normalcy and our economic recovery depends on getting through this as quickly and painlessly as possible. The science does not support returning to normal. Science would have everyone stay home (unless a case of emergency) for 21 days and then only return to society with no symptoms and/or testing. Had we done that in March/April, we'd be past the first wave by now. We'd be watching college football in the fall. We would have no need for a second economic stimulus package.

YOU need to stop making this political. I'm married to an independent and already mentioned my very conservative father-in-law. We are able to all speak about this virus together because we deal with facts. Stop pointing fingers and start doing something to help. We need everyone invested to beat this, no matter their political ideology. Right now I don't trust politicians to have the answer. I trust scientists. I think you should too.


cats2506 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:56 am
Its all ******

Even N95 masks are almost worthless, a cloth rag on your face does absolutely nothing. Does anybody notice that when they mandated masks they also told medical providers to reduce testing to only symptomatic and high risk people. Automatically the new case rate will drop and they will point to masks for doing it. The high percentage of false positive tests are fueling the false fear.

The original shutdown was designed to "flatten the curve" and give medical time to gear up, produce more ventilators and develop therapeutics, It worked all of the above. Therapeutics have greatly reduced the hospitalizations and death rate, we no have plenty of ventilators and medical knows how to treat this virus now.

Dems have made this political due to an election year.

I am borderline in the high risk category (58 with other medical condition) I will gladly go to a game in a full stadium next week without a mask, even if it is located in a county with a high infection rate.
Just a couple of notes;

masks can help if used correctly, (look at the studies) the problem is that they almost never are, if you touch the mask at all you are transferring it to your hands and then spreading it to more surfaces and people, likewise if you don't sterilize the mask you are not doing any good either.

The governors are in charge of testing policy in each state, our governor recently mandated that testing be reduced as have many other govs, both D and R.

There is a high number of false positives with the Wuhan flu test, CDC and several states have had to make corrections with misreporting, at this point the data is crap at best and all information available says that testing is not what your think it is. The deaths have been inflated to include died with covid and dies with symptoms.

The original shutdown did exactly what it was designed to do, flatten the curve while medical learned about treatments, ventilators were manufactured and and we generally learned more about this virus. Now we know that it is not nearly as lethal to people under 70 as we thought, we have therapeutics to treat it, and we have all the ventilators we need for those that get bad cases of the china flu.

The Dems and some other have moved the goal post now, they want the country locked down until we have a vaccine or Nov 4th whichever comes first.

Its bull****, I know it, you know it and so does everyone else.
There's your flattened curve: https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#trends.

Get back to me about moving goalposts when we learn the meaning of the word flatten.
You do realize that it is signifigently flatter than was projected, now do deaths on the curve.


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

LCH
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Great Falls

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by LCH » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:33 am

Just for perspective. More people have died of Covid in 7 months than died as combat deaths WWI,Korea,Vietnam,the Gulf War,Afghanistan,and the Iraq wars combined.



Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6606
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 am

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:46 am

NOCOcat2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 pm
So maybe a reminder to all of Bobcat Nation, we are all bobcat fans, but not all Kool aid drinking Republicans, yes I'm not a fan of UM, but some of us actually have balls you morons!
So were you here? We just opened the window and listened to free tunes. Yesterday there were cops congregated at Quebec and Apapahoe in Centennial for some reason. What about "Last Call for Alcohol" being 10:00 p.m. as Jared pointed out age group 20-29 is the biggest spike in positive in Colorado. I thought he'd at least play REM's "Closing Time" when he made the announcement, you know the line "You don't have to go home but you can't stay here." Once again, I will not bubble in either party machine's candidate and will write in a presidential candidate.
Polis ran as an independent for his House Seat all those years ago...

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/07/20/g ... n-boycott/



User avatar
The Butcher
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1983
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:51 am

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by The Butcher » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:57 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:18 pm
LCH wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:51 pm
I didn't say death rates were increasing, I said since the end of June daily deaths have been increasing. See the site I posted for the actual numbers. You are correct that in June we had our lowest numbers of deaths which corresponded with the lowest rates of infection, most likely due to the lock down measures implemented in many states. I don't want to have to go back to the restrictions but people have to start respecting this virus.
It's strange...seems like the Venn diagram of people who really want to have things like bars open, fall football, kids in school, etc...are the EXACT same group of people who spread easily disproven lies and propaganda downplaying the severity of the virus.

Literally NOBODY wants lockdowns. But there's a weird segment of the population that is fighting tooth and nail to ensure that the rest of the country follows the disasters in Sweden and Florida. Its gotten to the point that I'm pretty convinced that nothing is going to convince them until things hit locally.
Each one of them are also staunch Trump supporters that think medical professionals are all liars...



RationalGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by RationalGriz » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 am


You do realize that it is signifigently flatter than was projected, now do deaths on the curve.
You do realize that they don't make projections and related decisions based on deaths. They look at hospitalizations and percentage of positive tests.



User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8295
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by cats2506 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:13 am

LCH wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:27 pm
Actually the PCR testing is extremely accurate. Any positive test is considered presumptive positive and must be confirmed by a PCR method. Most errors in testing are probably false negatives caused by bad sampling practices.
I don't know about "PCR testing" or even what that means, but there is a lot of problems with false positives

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... positives/


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7455
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:14 am

RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 am


You do realize that it is signifigently flatter than was projected, now do deaths on the curve.
You do realize that they don't make projections and related decisions based on deaths. They look at hospitalizations and percentage of positive tests.
Image


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8295
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by cats2506 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am

RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 am


You do realize that it is signifigently flatter than was projected, now do deaths on the curve.
You do realize that they don't make projections and related decisions based on deaths. They look at hospitalizations and percentage of positive tests.
there have been projections for all of the above, cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Saying that they were not making those types of projections early in the outbreak is just revisionist history.


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

RationalGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by RationalGriz » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:21 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am
RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 am


You do realize that it is signifigently flatter than was projected, now do deaths on the curve.
You do realize that they don't make projections and related decisions based on deaths. They look at hospitalizations and percentage of positive tests.
there have been projections for all of the above, cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Saying that they were not making those types of projections early in the outbreak is just revisionist history.
Of course they modeled those numbers, but deciding to mandate masks and other steps is not based on the projected death number. The death number is bad, but a hollow number when making future projections on decisions on steps to be taken to prevent future deaths.



User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8295
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by cats2506 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:31 am

RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:21 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am
RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 am


You do realize that it is signifigently flatter than was projected, now do deaths on the curve.
You do realize that they don't make projections and related decisions based on deaths. They look at hospitalizations and percentage of positive tests.
there have been projections for all of the above, cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Saying that they were not making those types of projections early in the outbreak is just revisionist history.
Of course they modeled those numbers, but deciding to mandate masks and other steps is not based on the projected death number. The death number is bad, but a hollow number when making future projections on decisions on steps to be taken to prevent future deaths.
Deciding to mandate masks is based on politics and not on science or any other projections.
Remember early in the outbreak when every scientist out there was saying that "masks don't work", they were either lying then or are lying now, they may have reasons for the lies but all they have established is that they are willing to lie to meet their own objectives.

EDIT: second point, using positive test numbers is false too, we know there is an issue with false positives and there are major reporting inconsistencies.
Last edited by cats2506 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3778
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:33 am

NOCOcat2005 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 pm
As a small Gov Democrat, I'm somewhat shocked at the response on my post! Is Trump a moron, yes! Should he be president of the greatest country in the world, hell no! This conversation is much larger then COVID-19, we have a president who has decided he is the juror and the judge of how people protest. Interesting coming from a guy who has never followed the law?? He literally deflects based on insecurities of his own corruption! But maybe we can all find common ground, we all want football season yes?? I do, make a plan for football and school, put safety measures in place! Its kinda sad, the people who want football and school the most, haven't done anything to make it happen! Grow up people, if u want football wear a mask and social distance. Also, if your truly small Gov like myself, tell Trump he can go bleep himself when he sends federal agents in to communities who aren't asking for it. Can u imagine Federal agents arresting protesters in Bozeman, that's messed up! Go Cats!
A small government Democrat is an oxymoron.



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10126
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:34 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:31 am
RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:21 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am
RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 am


You do realize that it is signifigently flatter than was projected, now do deaths on the curve.
You do realize that they don't make projections and related decisions based on deaths. They look at hospitalizations and percentage of positive tests.
there have been projections for all of the above, cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Saying that they were not making those types of projections early in the outbreak is just revisionist history.
Of course they modeled those numbers, but deciding to mandate masks and other steps is not based on the projected death number. The death number is bad, but a hollow number when making future projections on decisions on steps to be taken to prevent future deaths.
Deciding to mandate masks is based on politics and not on science or any other projections.
Remember early in the outbreak when every scientist out there was saying that "masks don't work", they were either lying then or are lying now, they may have reasons for the lies but all they have established is that they are willing to lie to meet their own objectives.
I don't understand why this is such a sticking point? They learned more about the virus, they changed their viewpoints on masks based on their new findings. Why is that so hard to understand?


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

LCH
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 am
Location: Great Falls

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by LCH » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:38 am

Not everything is a lie, as more information about the disease becomes available recommendations change. Also regarding your posting about false positives being a problem obviously confirmatory testing was done to determine there were false positives and ultimately the correct results were reported. All clinical tests have some percentage of false positives and false negatives, hence confirmatory testing for reportable infectious diseases like Covid,STDs,etc.



RationalGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by RationalGriz » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:39 am

cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:31 am
RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:21 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am
RationalGriz wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 am
cats2506 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 am


You do realize that it is signifigently flatter than was projected, now do deaths on the curve.
You do realize that they don't make projections and related decisions based on deaths. They look at hospitalizations and percentage of positive tests.
there have been projections for all of the above, cases, hospitalizations and deaths. Saying that they were not making those types of projections early in the outbreak is just revisionist history.
Of course they modeled those numbers, but deciding to mandate masks and other steps is not based on the projected death number. The death number is bad, but a hollow number when making future projections on decisions on steps to be taken to prevent future deaths.
Deciding to mandate masks is based on politics and not on science or any other projections.
Remember early in the outbreak when every scientist out there was saying that "masks don't work", they were either lying then or are lying now, they may have reasons for the lies but all they have established is that they are willing to lie to meet their own objectives.
Or making adjustments as they learn more about the virus. But keep wearing that tinfoil hat.



User avatar
cats2506
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8295
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Lewistown

Re: Jeff Welsch Says Fall Football is Toast

Post by cats2506 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:48 am

LCH wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:38 am
Not everything is a lie, as more information about the disease becomes available recommendations change. Also regarding your posting about false positives being a problem obviously confirmatory testing was done to determine there were false positives and ultimately the correct results were reported. All clinical tests have some percentage of false positives and false negatives, hence confirmatory testing for reportable infectious diseases like Covid,STDs,etc.
Your earlier posts said that the testing was highly accurate, the article I posted had a sampling of 40 out of 90 that were false positives, so we are not talking about a few percentage tickers here, its almost 50% off


PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Post Reply