Covid hits MSU athletes

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Covid hits MSU athletes

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:19 am

I'm not a scientist but I play one on tv.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:41 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:19 am
Just replace tv with bobcatnation and you cover quite a few posters on this thread.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:45 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:17 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:15 am
So are we going to be forced to wear masks until we have a vaccine?

What's the plan here?
Probably. And then we'll be forced to get that vaccine. And everyone will be fine with that. And if they are not they'll be labeled "selfish". I've seen this song and dance before.... \:D/
So you don’t think it’s selfish to not care if you spread a disease? I’m confused with your logic. Help me out.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:09 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:45 am
ilovethecats wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

What's the plan here?
Probably. And then we'll be forced to get that vaccine. And everyone will be fine with that. And if they are not they'll be labeled "selfish". I've seen this song and dance before.... \:D/
So you don’t think it’s selfish to not care if you spread a disease? I’m confused with your logic. Help me out.
We've discussed this. If it is selfish, then I maintain that everyone of us who hasn't been wearing a mask all these years, and who will stop wearing masks after this ONE particular virus is selfish. Because masks will prevent deaths until the end of time. Not just this tiny little sliver of life and this one specific virus.

Have you and your entire family been wearing masks for the last 10, 20, 40, 50+ years? If not you're selfish. You could have saved lives.

Lockdowns save lives too. They also cause a lot of damage but they save lives. Hell, I could think of a million examples of things every one of us can do every single day that would save lives! But we can keep pretending that this one specific virus is the one and only.

At least you have personally said you'll continue wearing masks for the rest of your life. I just don't think that will be the case with the majority. And then we'll all be selfish for not doing whatever we can to save lives! \:D/

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:25 am

What if everyone obeys the mask order, but the number of cases doesn't fall. What then?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:26 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:09 am
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

What's the plan here?
We've discussed this. If it is selfish, then I maintain that everyone of us who hasn't been wearing a mask all these years, and who will stop wearing masks after this ONE particular virus is selfish. Because masks will prevent deaths until the end of time. Not just this tiny little sliver of life and this one specific virus.

Have you and your entire family been wearing masks for the last 10, 20, 40, 50+ years? If not you're selfish. You could have saved lives.

Lockdowns save lives too. They also cause a lot of damage but they save lives. Hell, I could think of a million examples of things every one of us can do every single day that would save lives! But we can keep pretending that this one specific virus is the one and only.

At least you have personally said you'll continue wearing masks for the rest of your life. I just don't think that will be the case with the majority. And then we'll all be selfish for not doing whatever we can to save lives! \:D/
If it's truly about saving lives and doing everything possible to not spread the disease maybe we should be like Panama. There they have to stay in their homes at all times except women get to go outside for 30 minutes on Mon/Wed/Fri and men get to go outside for 30 minutes on Tue/Thu/Sun. I just talked to a co-worker to lives there and she said that's still going on and it started back in March.

When masks don't solve the problem by the fall and then regular cold/flu season picks back up I can see some states considering the Panama approach by the end of the year. They'll say that people weren't doing enough during 2020 so we have to take more drastic measures in 2021 to ensure people are safe.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:48 am

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:59 am

Cledus wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:25 am
What if everyone obeys the mask order, but the number of cases doesn't fall. What then?
That would not be good. What if they DO work and they realize they probably could have not shut down schools and the economy? Who would have thought?

I see economists are predicting as many as a million Americans could be homeless in the coming months? Shocking. It's almost as if forcing people to stop working could effect their ability to pay bills and things. :-k

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 pm

iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

What's the plan here?
Are you saying it would be selfish not to get the vaccine?

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:24 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:17 pm
iaafan wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

What's the plan here?
Are you saying it would be selfish not to get the vaccine?
Whoa. You're not implying that there would be anything wrong with the government forcing people to put something in their bodies are you? [-X

ibleedblue
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by ibleedblue » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:00 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:59 am
Cledus wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:25 am
That would not be good. What if they DO work and they realize they probably could have not shut down schools and the economy? Who would have thought?

I see economists are predicting as many as a million Americans could be homeless in the coming months? Shocking. It's almost as if forcing people to stop working could effect their ability to pay bills and things. :-k
People wanting to keep their small business open to pay bills, eat, and provide for their families is just selfish man. Can you believe anyone would put those needs above the general public. Selfish as hell man :roll:

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:33 pm

So will we begin seeing mandatory masks now when the flu does its seasonal visit?

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:56 pm

catgradtimes2 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:41 am
coloradocat wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:19 am
Just replace tv with bobcatnation and you cover quite a few posters on this thread.
And then if we're going that route we can change "scientist" to doctor, head football coaches, presidents, governors, mayors, police, college football players, teachers, and actors to name a few. You know, just all of the occupations people may have an opinion of.....even if they may not be one themselves.

:idea:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:58 pm

RickRund wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:33 pm
So will we begin seeing mandatory masks now when the flu does its seasonal visit?
Only if we want to not be selfish and help save lives. :wink:

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:09 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:58 pm
RickRund wrote:
Why stop there? Tuberculosis killed 1.5 million people last year. If wearing a mask can save even one life then shouldn't we try?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:24 pm

Cledus wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:09 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:58 pm
RickRund wrote:
Why stop there? Tuberculosis killed 1.5 million people last year. If wearing a mask can save even one life then shouldn't we try?
Agreed.

If it makes you feel better, tuberculosis deaths, like a plethora of other means of death, is for some odd reason down this year. I can't quite put my finger on why; but it's certainly great news! \:D/

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:27 pm

So if I drink and drive because I don’t care if I kill myself or anyone else, I’m not selfish?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:31 pm

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:37 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:27 pm
So if I drink and drive because I don’t care if I kill myself or anyone else, I’m not selfish?
Well I guess it would depend what kind of car it is if we're playing by the virus rules. It'd be like only caring about when high-speed sports cars were involved in drunk driving deaths, but not freaking out at all when it's a Subaru outback. Many cars can be involved in drunk driving accidents that kill....but we're REALLY just gonna focus on the sports cars that kill.... 8)

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:29 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:27 pm
So now we're comparing things that are illegal to a virus and it's possible vaccine? Yikes