FULL GAME vs. Northern Colorado (11/9/19) is on YouTube

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

HawkAndBobcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

FULL GAME vs. Northern Colorado (11/9/19) is on YouTube

Post by HawkAndBobcat » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:43 am

In case y'all needed some bobcat domination reruns!
Love y'all, Go Cats!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: FULL GAME vs. Northern Colorado (11/9/19) is on YouTube

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:29 am

HawkAndBobcat wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:43 am

Love y'all, Go Cats!
I watched this game Monday night. I feel like this game and the Austin Peay game had some plays that are examples of why MSU isn't able to hang with the likes of NDSU and probably JMU. In a lot of ways they played tremendous in both those games and you take a win any way you can get, but there are lessons to be learned regardless. They should've won by 45, not 31 vs. UNC and by 27 over AP.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:09 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:29 am
HawkAndBobcat wrote:

Love y'all, Go Cats!
I watched this game Monday night. I feel like this game and the Austin Peay game had some plays that are examples of why MSU isn't able to hang with the likes of NDSU and probably JMU. In a lot of ways they played tremendous in both those games and you take a win any way you can get, but there are lessons to be learned regardless. They should've won by 45, not 31 vs. UNC and by 27 over AP.
Wasn't a lot of that bc we put the backups in pretty early? The starting group last year was pretty dominant by the end of the year.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:26 am

Welp, I know what I'm doing at work today. :-^

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:12 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:09 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:29 am
HawkAndBobcat wrote:

Love y'all, Go Cats!
Wasn't a lot of that bc we put the backups in pretty early? The starting group last year was pretty dominant by the end of the year.
No. Rovig threw a pick-6. Rovig's quick kick went about 5 yards. Scrempos spiked a TD pass. Choate lost his cool. All in the first quarter. UNC was only down 7, when they should've been down 21 and THEN the backups could've gone in early. Second quarter had a drive stall out on a penalty and sack to force a FG. It was 17-7 (could've just as easily been 28-0) halfway through the second quarter, but MSU played well after that. Scored on first two possessions of the second half to put it away.

You can have bad plays, but when you group them together like against a good team, you end up beaten or in tight game that can swing against you. MSU is still a playoff team despite that, but to jump in with JMU and NDSU that's gotta get cleaned up. I'm more looking for that kind of detailed fix this year over any additions of stud athletes at any positions. We need to be cleaner at QB for sure. Not just Rovig, but also Jonsen had some adventures back there.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:48 am

I wish he could post the SEMO game.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Mrs TrackCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Mrs TrackCat » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:21 pm

The Albany/MSU game is now starting. Mr Track Cat, and I, watch Bobcat football every night, often the same games over again, especially recent Cat/Griz games. Do we need an intervention? 😂