Troy Andersen Redshirting

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Re: Troy Andersen Redshirting

Post by PapaG » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:00 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:06 pm
Haven't you guys heard that MSU has overused him, his parents aren't happy with his usage, and he's going to transfer?

Get with the program people.
I also heard Ifanse entered the transfer portal and is going to Eugene to sit on the bench.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:15 am

PapaG wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:00 pm
bobcat99 wrote:
Haven't you guys heard that MSU has overused him, his parents aren't happy with his usage, and he's going to transfer?

I also heard Ifanse entered the transfer portal and is going to Eugene to sit on the bench.
Good points. I heard all these things. They hate MSU. :-^

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:27 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:15 am
PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I hadn't ventured over to that cesspool (egriz) in quite some time so I did last night. Wow. Still as douchy as ever. Someone posted about TA red shirting and almost every single follow up post is a slam on Choate, talking about all he cares about is winning, he used and abused TA throughout his career, he ruined his NFL aspirations, doesn't care about his players....... etc. Bunch if idiots over there. I know a lot of that is to rile up Cat fans but some of the mouth breathers actually don't realize how quality Choate is.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:16 am

catatac wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:27 am
ilovethecats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

I hadn't ventured over to that cesspool (egriz) in quite some time so I did last night. Wow. Still as douchy as ever. Someone posted about TA red shirting and almost every single follow up post is a slam on Choate, talking about all he cares about is winning, he used and abused TA throughout his career, he ruined his NFL aspirations, doesn't care about his players....... etc. Bunch if idiots over there. I know a lot of that is to rile up Cat fans but some of the mouth breathers actually don't realize how quality Choate is.
My favorite Griz-fan line is: "Hauck is going to restore the culture of Griz football." They seem to have forgotten what all that involved. I believe I've seen that same line in some national media publications. Makes me smh every time.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:18 am

catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Many over there have been beating that drum forever. Trying to paint a picture that the coaches and even we fans don't care about his well-being and only about winning. One poster last season went as far as saying he talked to TA's parents and they were furious with the staffs treatment of Troy. This was laughable to anyone who knows that family. The jealousy that we have such a talent is evident.

As for Troy, this is actually pretty good for him. He has battled injuries forever, so maybe this will be enough time to finally get right. If we get him for a playoff push that is great. If not, and we don't see him suited up until 2021, I'm just fine with that as well.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:32 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:18 am
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Many over there have been beating that drum forever. Trying to paint a picture that the coaches and even we fans don't care about his well-being and only about winning. One poster last season went as far as saying he talked to TA's parents and they were furious with the staffs treatment of Troy. This was laughable to anyone who knows that family. The jealousy that we have such a talent is evident.

As for Troy, this is actually pretty good for him. He has battled injuries forever, so maybe this will be enough time to finally get right. If we get him for a playoff push that is great. If not, and we don't see him suited up until 2021, I'm just fine with that as well.
Cannot wait to watch him play at 100% again. In the meantime, I can't wait to see the team perform again. It's a special bunch, especially after how they performed without Andersen. I'd venture to say that the two best games of the year were vs. UM and UAlbany. MSU really showcased a lot of lessor known players in those games. Steel, McCutcheon, the OL, Hardy, Williams, Washington, Okada, Scrempos, Benson, Kanow, Choate, Campbell, among others. The team speed really stood out.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:41 am

Colter brought up a great point on Tootell and Nuanez yesterday - Troy has been battling lingering issues since his first game at MSU, which has in turn limited his progress in the weight room. He said imagine if Troy can spend a full year redshirting, locked away in the weight room...

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:56 am

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:41 am
Colter brought up a great point on Tootell and Nuanez yesterday - Troy has been battling lingering issues since his first game at MSU, which has in turn limited his progress in the weight room. He said imagine if Troy can spend a full year redshirting, locked away in the weight room...
Yes, imagine him at 100%. The dude is deadly. Was he banged up coming out of the Wazzu game? Seems like he was.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:09 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:18 am
catatac wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
PapaG wrote:
bobcat99 wrote:

Not to be outdone, Bobby Hauck just announced that he will be redshirting the 2020 campaign.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:56 am
CelticCat wrote:
Yes, imagine him at 100%. The dude is deadly. Was he banged up coming out of the Wazzu game? Seems like he was.
Colter said he got injured on his very first collegiate play, which would have to be WSU.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:18 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am
iaafan wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:56 am
CelticCat wrote:
Colter said he got injured on his very first collegiate play, which would have to be WSU.
That is amazing if he hasn't been 100% since his first game. That is borderline scary that he could be more imposing than we have already seen...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:02 am

iaafan wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:16 am

My favorite Griz-fan line is: "Hauck is going to restore the culture of Griz football." They seem to have forgotten what all that involved. I believe I've seen that same line in some national media publications. Makes me smh every time.
Yet Hauck’s defense having multiple players with 5673 tackles a season isn’t overusing them. Hauck is the reason Dante Olson wasn’t drafted because Olson had 5673 tackles a year. That’s overuse, man! 🤡

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:33 am

I'm already looking forward to the 2021 season....Ifanse and TA tearing it up...Rovig with another year under his belt (or McKay or Mellot at QB) a brand new BAC in the north end zone and Cat/Griz in Bobcat Stadium.....should be fun!

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:48 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:33 am
I'm already looking forward to the 2021 season....Ifanse and TA tearing it up...Rovig with another year under his belt (or McKay or Mellot at QB) a brand new BAC in the north end zone and Cat/Griz in Bobcat Stadium.....should be fun!
Poor ol’ 2020. Gonna be tough to come up with a Top Ten list of best things of 2020.

Yeah, nice that Andersen gets a year with the new facility.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:33 am

With today's news I would guess Troy is no longer redshirting the upcoming season (let's just play along and assume it's going to actually happen in the spring). Does playing in the spring when NFL teams are focused on wrapping up their draft evaluations hurt his chances or is it possible that it helps because he'll have fresh film for them to look at? I think it will hurt his chances at getting drafted but he'll still pick up an UDFA spot.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:52 am

coloradocat wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:33 am
With today's news I would guess Troy is no longer redshirting the upcoming season (let's just play along and assume it's going to actually happen in the spring). Does playing in the spring when NFL teams are focused on wrapping up their draft evaluations hurt his chances or is it possible that it helps because he'll have fresh film for them to look at? I think it will hurt his chances at getting drafted but he'll still pick up an UDFA spot.
I would say it all depends on whether or not the FCS also moves the playoffs. The BSC is actively talking to other conferences about moving to the spring, and the NCAA about having the playoffs in the spring.

If they move the playoffs to the spring I would say he plays.

If they don't I would say he plays the final 4 games and redshirts.

But I can also see a scenario where it doesn't matter and he enters the draft anyway because he's that good. When it was initially announced he was redshirting I said I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't suit up for the Cats again. I still wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:01 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:52 am
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:33 am
I would say it all depends on whether or not the FCS also moves the playoffs. The BSC is actively talking to other conferences about moving to the spring, and the NCAA about having the playoffs in the spring.

If they move the playoffs to the spring I would say he plays.

If they don't I would say he plays the final 4 games and redshirts.

But I can also see a scenario where it doesn't matter and he enters the draft anyway because he's that good. When it was initially announced he was redshirting I said I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't suit up for the Cats again. I still wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.
The latest rumor is that MVFC is moving to the spring so that means playoffs are happening* in the spring. I agree that if the season happens and the playoffs are in the spring, he'll play. I like the idea of him still redshirting this year and only playing four games but I think if he's healthy he's a full go.

Right now I doubt he's got enough film at any single position to get drafted. He might be the best football player in the FCS but if NFL teams don't know where they'd be able to use him they aren't going to draft him. That's why another season (full or partial) is so important.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!