Just the webcam on the B A C

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am
Does anyone have an honest answer about what the plan for the scoreboard is?
The last I heard from Costello was that the scoreboard will be replaced, possibly before next season. I have no idea if they are going to put the new scoreboard in another location or use the existing posts.
Would be sweet to have the big scoreboard moved to the Holland end zone and the one from the Holland end zone put above the east grandstand.



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by AFCAT » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am
Does anyone have an honest answer about what the plan for the scoreboard is?
The last I heard from Costello was that the scoreboard will be replaced, possibly before next season. I have no idea if they are going to put the new scoreboard in another location or use the existing posts.
Would be sweet to have the big scoreboard moved to the Holland end zone and the one from the Holland end zone put above the east grandstand.
I’d do the same. I don’t know what this new scoreboard is going to look like, but I’m guessing it’s larger/wider than the existing scoreboard. I can’t see putting a new scoreboard on the same posts since it would complicate any future north end zone expansion. Putting a new scoreboard on top of the brand new building would be a bit unsightly too. I‘m sure they have this all figured out, so I am just excited to see what happens.


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14381
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:27 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am
Does anyone have an honest answer about what the plan for the scoreboard is?
The last I heard from Costello was that the scoreboard will be replaced, possibly before next season. I have no idea if they are going to put the new scoreboard in another location or use the existing posts.
Would be sweet to have the big scoreboard moved to the Holland end zone and the one from the Holland end zone put above the east grandstand.
I’d do the same. I don’t know what this new scoreboard is going to look like, but I’m guessing it’s larger/wider than the existing scoreboard. I can’t see putting a new scoreboard on the same posts since it would complicate any future north end zone expansion. Putting a new scoreboard on top of the brand new building would be a bit unsightly too. I‘m sure they have this all figured out, so I am just excited to see what happens.
Yes, something above the East grandstand would help breakup the monotony over there. Very bland looking.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:27 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am
Does anyone have an honest answer about what the plan for the scoreboard is?
The last I heard from Costello was that the scoreboard will be replaced, possibly before next season. I have no idea if they are going to put the new scoreboard in another location or use the existing posts.
Would be sweet to have the big scoreboard moved to the Holland end zone and the one from the Holland end zone put above the east grandstand.
I’d do the same. I don’t know what this new scoreboard is going to look like, but I’m guessing it’s larger/wider than the existing scoreboard. I can’t see putting a new scoreboard on the same posts since it would complicate any future north end zone expansion. Putting a new scoreboard on top of the brand new building would be a bit unsightly too. I‘m sure they have this all figured out, so I am just excited to see what happens.
Yes, something above the East grandstand would help breakup the monotony over there. Very bland looking.
I definitely don't want them to put up one of those long, electronic band things all along any stretch of the stadium. Those are so annoying and distracting. Takes away from the college, amateur atmosphere. MSU's stadium still has an old school, collegiate feel to it. Too many college stadiums are adopting the NFL style, which is fine for the NFL, but wrecks the college atmosphere. I hate when they move college games to neutral NFL fields like JerryWorld. :sick: :sick:



User avatar
Montanabob
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by Montanabob » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:04 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:27 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am
Does anyone have an honest answer about what the plan for the scoreboard is?
The last I heard from Costello was that the scoreboard will be replaced, possibly before next season. I have no idea if they are going to put the new scoreboard in another location or use the existing posts.
Would be sweet to have the big scoreboard moved to the Holland end zone and the one from the Holland end zone put above the east grandstand.
I’d do the same. I don’t know what this new scoreboard is going to look like, but I’m guessing it’s larger/wider than the existing scoreboard. I can’t see putting a new scoreboard on the same posts since it would complicate any future north end zone expansion. Putting a new scoreboard on top of the brand new building would be a bit unsightly too. I‘m sure they have this all figured out, so I am just excited to see what happens.
Yes, something above the East grandstand would help breakup the monotony over there. Very bland looking.
I definitely don't want them to put up one of those long, electronic band things all along any stretch of the stadium. Those are so annoying and distracting. Takes away from the college, amateur atmosphere. MSU's stadium still has an old school, collegiate feel to it. Too many college stadiums are adopting the NFL style, which is fine for the NFL, but wrecks the college atmosphere. I hate when they move college games to neutral NFL fields like JerryWorld. :sick: :sick:
And it work take away the excellent viewing area from on top of the new building


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:09 am

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:04 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:27 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm
iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am
Does anyone have an honest answer about what the plan for the scoreboard is?
The last I heard from Costello was that the scoreboard will be replaced, possibly before next season. I have no idea if they are going to put the new scoreboard in another location or use the existing posts.
Would be sweet to have the big scoreboard moved to the Holland end zone and the one from the Holland end zone put above the east grandstand.
I’d do the same. I don’t know what this new scoreboard is going to look like, but I’m guessing it’s larger/wider than the existing scoreboard. I can’t see putting a new scoreboard on the same posts since it would complicate any future north end zone expansion. Putting a new scoreboard on top of the brand new building would be a bit unsightly too. I‘m sure they have this all figured out, so I am just excited to see what happens.
Yes, something above the East grandstand would help breakup the monotony over there. Very bland looking.
I definitely don't want them to put up one of those long, electronic band things all along any stretch of the stadium. Those are so annoying and distracting. Takes away from the college, amateur atmosphere. MSU's stadium still has an old school, collegiate feel to it. Too many college stadiums are adopting the NFL style, which is fine for the NFL, but wrecks the college atmosphere. I hate when they move college games to neutral NFL fields like JerryWorld. :sick: :sick:
And it work take away the excellent viewing area from on top of the new building
Yeah, it would. I was thinking along the top of the east grandstand. But either way I just don't like those things.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 am

Currently there's a trench going up to or around the scoreboard. Perhaps they're removing wiring in order to move it, but I doubt that. Might be that they're running water there from the west grandstand. Doubt that too. Hmmm?



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:18 am

Currently there's a trench going up to or around the scoreboard. Perhaps they're removing wiring in order to move it, but I doubt that. Might be that they're running water or increasing the pipe size to the new building from the west grandstand. Doubt that too. Hmmm?



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by AFCAT » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:38 am

I’m sure you have all watched ESPNs 30 for 30 documentaries. Well, here is my Bobcat football facility 50 for 50. This video is screen shots of the past 50 workdays in 50 seconds. The camera moved around a little bit at the beginning and the glare is bad some days, but I think this video turned out okay. I’ll keep updating the video every 10 to 20 work days.



Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

thefrank1
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 743
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:35 am

Cool, thanks.


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1204
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:24 pm

Anyone know what the plan for the winter is? I wouldn't think they'd be able to have it enclosed in time. What kind of stuff will they be able to do with the cold and all the snow and ice?


We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 14381
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:48 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:24 pm
Anyone know what the plan for the winter is? I wouldn't think they'd be able to have it enclosed in time. What kind of stuff will they be able to do with the cold and all the snow and ice?
Winter construction isn’t as big a deal as it used to be. It has to get brutally cold to halt construction.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:35 am

Looks like the steel will be done today. Going up fast!



User avatar
Bobcatsinmso
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 714
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:43 pm
Location: Missoula MT, Bozeman MT

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:11 am

A great weather forecast for this week, The Martel crew is looking good.


Go Cats Go! FTG www.eatsh!tgrizzlies.com
Blondie! You know what you are? You are a Son of a Bitch!

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1957
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:26 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:11 am
A great weather forecast for this week, The Martel crew is looking good.
They really are looking good. I know winter doesn't slow construction down like it used to but you have to think this weather will be really helpful. And they're also not working around tailgate spots this fall and can probably use more space around the stadium. Looks like they're doing some block work now too. Love this process of construction--such fast progress.


Image

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1957
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:27 am

I can see in the video that they're digging on the west (visitor) sideline. I know they're doing work to get the drainage dialed in...that looks like quite a project.


Image

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5718
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am

If I'm not mistaken it looks like concrete flooring has been poured west end and concrete blocks have been placed on the east end. Seems to be sailing right along.



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by AFCAT » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:16 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am
If I'm not mistaken it looks like concrete flooring has been poured west end and concrete blocks have been placed on the east end. Seems to be sailing right along.
I believe you are looking at the gravel they poured last week.

This is the wall they are building.
Image


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1957
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:23 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:16 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am
If I'm not mistaken it looks like concrete flooring has been poured west end and concrete blocks have been placed on the east end. Seems to be sailing right along.
I believe you are looking at the gravel they poured last week.

This is the wall they are building.
Image
So the wall on the right side of this photo faces the stadium?


Image

User avatar
kennethnoisewater
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1957
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Location: Bigfork, MT

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:32 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:18 am
Currently there's a trench going up to or around the scoreboard. Perhaps they're removing wiring in order to move it, but I doubt that. Might be that they're running water or increasing the pipe size to the new building from the west grandstand. Doubt that too. Hmmm?
I've been watching that for the last week, and I know they needed to do some work on the drainage for the field. If you look at the webcam, you can see they've completely torn out the north end zone (I'm guessing they just roll the turf back). Whatever is underneath is ripped out. It looked like asphalt but I'm not sure if that's correct.

This is quite a project and it makes me think they might have torn out the block houses earlier than originally planned to put a drain system in place underneath the scoreboard. I can't imagine they'd put a water supply to that building on the field side--too hard to access if something goes wrong.


Image

Post Reply