Just the webcam on the B A C

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by FYI » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:15 am

I've been watching the giant cement trucks rolling in this morning and hope they don't hit the statue of Sonny Holland. It will destroy the truck!

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:20 am

Anyone heard any more on a possible scoreboard replacement? I know there was discussion there was a possible scoreboard and/or video board replacement as part of the BAC. Obviously long-term the current board, or at least it's current placement, isn't ideal.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:46 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:20 am
Anyone heard any more on a possible scoreboard replacement? I know there was discussion there was a possible scoreboard and/or video board replacement as part of the BAC. Obviously long-term the current board, or at least it's current placement, isn't ideal.
Last I heard the athletic dept was working on a deal with Learfield Sports for a new video board to go on top of the new facility. I heard it was a 2022 addition.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:53 pm

gtapp wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:46 pm
KittieKop wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:20 am
Last I heard the athletic dept was working on a deal with Learfield Sports for a new video board to go on top of the new facility. I heard it was a 2022 addition.
Hopefully high enough not to block roof tailgating.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 pm

Is the cam not working for any else, or is it just me?

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:19 pm

Cledus wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:15 pm
Is the cam not working for any else, or is it just me?
Working fine right now.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:41 am

bump

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:19 am

They've had snow on the ground for quite awhile it seems, even though it's just a dusting. Eastern MT has been bone dry for several weeks.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:18 pm

Drove by for the first time since steel was going up to see the side opposite the field. All I can say is “DAMN!” (In a pleasantly surprised tone).

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:11 pm

Football field is all plowed off. ??? Practicing football or practicing snow removal?

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:23 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:11 pm
Football field is all plowed off. ??? Practicing football or practicing snow removal?
I saw that too. I think it's generally a good idea to clear snow as it comes. Easier to clear 4 inches at a time than clearing 2 feet a month from now. But I'm sure the staff wants to fields cleared any time somebody might want to go get an individual workout in too.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:39 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:18 pm
Drove by for the first time since steel was going up to see the side opposite the field. All I can say is “DAMN!” (In a pleasantly surprised tone).
And you don’t take and post any photos! :D

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:44 am

bump

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:25 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:23 pm
iaafan wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:11 pm
I saw that too. I think it's generally a good idea to clear snow as it comes. Easier to clear 4 inches at a time than clearing 2 feet a month from now. But I'm sure the staff wants to fields cleared any time somebody might want to go get an individual workout in too.
Easier to clear snow than to clear ice after it melts a little.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:36 pm

bump

FTG- GO CATS GO!

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:29 pm

I wonder if they can remake the video showing how things are going to look down the road with the BAC completed, possible future phases, indoor practice field, future seating around the BAC, scoreboard.......I liked how the original version flowed with seating and connecting seating all the way around the stadium. Curious to see how all this will change in the future.

Punters are people too!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:54 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:29 pm
I wonder if they can remake the video showing how things are going to look down the road with the BAC completed, possible future phases, indoor practice field, future seating around the BAC, scoreboard.......I liked how the original version flowed with seating and connecting seating all the way around the stadium. Curious to see how all this will change in the future.
That would be awesome. I don't believe the end zone bowl seating will be much different from what is envisioned in the video. I doubt we'll even see that end zone seating for at least ten years though, due to higher priority building projects. I would also like to see what the new scoreboard is going to look like and where they will install it.

I do have a 150 construction day video that I'll post a week from Friday, so that's something.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:14 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Why? I think it would be cool but not worth spending the money on. The BAC changed a ton from the schematics, why wouldnt everything else? So really no point in spending money on another video.

Hating the griz since 02.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:50 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:14 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Why? I think it would be cool but not worth spending the money on. The BAC changed a ton from the schematics, why wouldnt everything else? So really no point in spending money on another video.
Why?
To see what the revised plan is and what their vision for the next 15-20 years and tens of millions of dollars is going to go to.
I can’t imagine a new video would be that expensive to create. We’re not talking about a $100k+ expense here.

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:22 pm

Have a student draw up some pictures. I don’t need a video, but give me an idea of what the new plans will look like for the future.

Punters are people too!!