Just the webcam on the B A C

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by iaafan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:06 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am
Does anyone have an honest answer about what the plan for the scoreboard is?
The last I heard from Costello was that the scoreboard will be replaced, possibly before next season. I have no idea if they are going to put the new scoreboard in another location or use the existing posts.
Would be sweet to have the big scoreboard moved to the Holland end zone and the one from the Holland end zone put above the east grandstand.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:10 pm
AFCAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
The last I heard from Costello was that the scoreboard will be replaced, possibly before next season. I have no idea if they are going to put the new scoreboard in another location or use the existing posts.
Would be sweet to have the big scoreboard moved to the Holland end zone and the one from the Holland end zone put above the east grandstand.
I’d do the same. I don’t know what this new scoreboard is going to look like, but I’m guessing it’s larger/wider than the existing scoreboard. I can’t see putting a new scoreboard on the same posts since it would complicate any future north end zone expansion. Putting a new scoreboard on top of the brand new building would be a bit unsightly too. I‘m sure they have this all figured out, so I am just excited to see what happens.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:27 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:42 pm
iaafan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
I’d do the same. I don’t know what this new scoreboard is going to look like, but I’m guessing it’s larger/wider than the existing scoreboard. I can’t see putting a new scoreboard on the same posts since it would complicate any future north end zone expansion. Putting a new scoreboard on top of the brand new building would be a bit unsightly too. I‘m sure they have this all figured out, so I am just excited to see what happens.
Yes, something above the East grandstand would help breakup the monotony over there. Very bland looking.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:27 pm
AFCAT wrote:
iaafan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
Yes, something above the East grandstand would help breakup the monotony over there. Very bland looking.
I definitely don't want them to put up one of those long, electronic band things all along any stretch of the stadium. Those are so annoying and distracting. Takes away from the college, amateur atmosphere. MSU's stadium still has an old school, collegiate feel to it. Too many college stadiums are adopting the NFL style, which is fine for the NFL, but wrecks the college atmosphere. I hate when they move college games to neutral NFL fields like JerryWorld. :sick: :sick:

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:04 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
iaafan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
I definitely don't want them to put up one of those long, electronic band things all along any stretch of the stadium. Those are so annoying and distracting. Takes away from the college, amateur atmosphere. MSU's stadium still has an old school, collegiate feel to it. Too many college stadiums are adopting the NFL style, which is fine for the NFL, but wrecks the college atmosphere. I hate when they move college games to neutral NFL fields like JerryWorld. :sick: :sick:
And it work take away the excellent viewing area from on top of the new building

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:09 am

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:04 am
iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:16 am
TomCat88 wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
iaafan wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:
And it work take away the excellent viewing area from on top of the new building
Yeah, it would. I was thinking along the top of the east grandstand. But either way I just don't like those things.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:12 am

Currently there's a trench going up to or around the scoreboard. Perhaps they're removing wiring in order to move it, but I doubt that. Might be that they're running water there from the west grandstand. Doubt that too. Hmmm?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:18 am

Currently there's a trench going up to or around the scoreboard. Perhaps they're removing wiring in order to move it, but I doubt that. Might be that they're running water or increasing the pipe size to the new building from the west grandstand. Doubt that too. Hmmm?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:38 am

I’m sure you have all watched ESPNs 30 for 30 documentaries. Well, here is my Bobcat football facility 50 for 50. This video is screen shots of the past 50 workdays in 50 seconds. The camera moved around a little bit at the beginning and the glare is bad some days, but I think this video turned out okay. I’ll keep updating the video every 10 to 20 work days.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:35 am

Cool, thanks.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:24 pm

Anyone know what the plan for the winter is? I wouldn't think they'd be able to have it enclosed in time. What kind of stuff will they be able to do with the cold and all the snow and ice?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:48 am

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:24 pm
Anyone know what the plan for the winter is? I wouldn't think they'd be able to have it enclosed in time. What kind of stuff will they be able to do with the cold and all the snow and ice?
Winter construction isn’t as big a deal as it used to be. It has to get brutally cold to halt construction.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:35 am

Looks like the steel will be done today. Going up fast!

Bobcatsinmso
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Bobcatsinmso » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:11 am

A great weather forecast for this week, The Martel crew is looking good.

The State of Montana is Bobcat country.
missoula....still just 20 miles from Montana.
FTG

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:26 am

Bobcatsinmso wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:11 am
A great weather forecast for this week, The Martel crew is looking good.
They really are looking good. I know winter doesn't slow construction down like it used to but you have to think this weather will be really helpful. And they're also not working around tailgate spots this fall and can probably use more space around the stadium. Looks like they're doing some block work now too. Love this process of construction--such fast progress.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:27 am

I can see in the video that they're digging on the west (visitor) sideline. I know they're doing work to get the drainage dialed in...that looks like quite a project.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am

If I'm not mistaken it looks like concrete flooring has been poured west end and concrete blocks have been placed on the east end. Seems to be sailing right along.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:16 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am
If I'm not mistaken it looks like concrete flooring has been poured west end and concrete blocks have been placed on the east end. Seems to be sailing right along.
I believe you are looking at the gravel they poured last week.

This is the wall they are building.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:23 am

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:16 am
iaafan wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am
I believe you are looking at the gravel they poured last week.

This is the wall they are building.
So the wall on the right side of this photo faces the stadium?

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:32 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:18 am
Currently there's a trench going up to or around the scoreboard. Perhaps they're removing wiring in order to move it, but I doubt that. Might be that they're running water or increasing the pipe size to the new building from the west grandstand. Doubt that too. Hmmm?
I've been watching that for the last week, and I know they needed to do some work on the drainage for the field. If you look at the webcam, you can see they've completely torn out the north end zone (I'm guessing they just roll the turf back). Whatever is underneath is ripped out. It looked like asphalt but I'm not sure if that's correct.

This is quite a project and it makes me think they might have torn out the block houses earlier than originally planned to put a drain system in place underneath the scoreboard. I can't imagine they'd put a water supply to that building on the field side--too hard to access if something goes wrong.