Butts in seats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcatstan
BobcatNation Letterman

Butts in seats

Post by Bobcatstan » Tue May 12, 2020 3:13 pm

It sounds more and more likely that of there is a football season, there won't be any butts in seats and PAC12 is discussing a schedule comprised of just conference games. I'm thinking it will happen. Just too much liability for the universities and I'm sure there are attorneys just salivating at the thought of lawsuits

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Butts in seats

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue May 12, 2020 4:58 pm

I would bet the schools that have mostly in person class close to normal will have fanless football seasons. I don't know how Arizona and Oregon are looking, but if the CA schools can't play, which is seems likely they won't if they are only doing online classes, the BSC could rework the schedule and every team (assuming EWU, PSU and NAU can play) can play every other team but 1. Might get the BSC to realize a smaller conference is actually better.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue May 12, 2020 7:13 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 4:58 pm
I would bet the schools that have mostly in person class close to normal will have fanless football seasons. I don't know how Arizona and Oregon are looking, but if the CA schools can't play, which is seems likely they won't if they are only doing online classes, the BSC could rework the schedule and every team (assuming EWU, PSU and NAU can play) can play every other team but 1. Might get the BSC to realize a smaller conference is actually better.
I was thinking along those lines as well. The herd might cull itself to some degree. The herd being the Big Sky Conference member institutions. Some of the programs at these schools were barely hanging on before the pandemic. This might slam the door for good.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Wed May 13, 2020 10:30 am

A lot easier to cancel games and go conference-only when you have PAC-12 tv money to soften the blow. I don't see how Big Sky schools (and generally all non-Power 5 schools) can afford to have games without fans in the stands.

GO CATS GO!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed May 13, 2020 10:35 am

BozoneCat wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:30 am
A lot easier to cancel games and go conference-only when you have PAC-12 tv money to soften the blow. I don't see how Big Sky schools (and generally all non-Power 5 schools) can afford to have games without fans in the stands.
What about all that sweet SWX cash? :lol:

The NCAA President has essentially said it's up to states/conferences/schools in order to try to escape responsibility but the NCAA better come up with a plan for football/basketball or there won't be an NCAA in a couple years (or less).

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!