BRAWL 2020 Run Game--325 O/U

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: BRAWL 2020 Run Game--325 O/U

Post by St George » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:18 pm

It's all Stitt's Fault. lol

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:59 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:15 am
Darth Yoda wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:55 pm
I'm confidently going with under. If things go as I expect, I see a pretty even split. We will likely be better at QB and quite possibly better at WR, and assuming Bob Jr is still starting at safety (fingers crossed), we will have our way through the air. I'm thinking about a 250 and 250 type game.

“Possibly better at WR”.... I sure hope you are right, but that is a pretty bold prediction. Losing kassis and jonsen is massive.

I am excited to see Tyrone marshal have a bigger role though, along with coy Steele and some of the other young guys.
I was going to just let it go since any response might seem like I'm not going to miss Kassis and Jonsen, which simply isn't true. Those guys are legendary in my book and their respective highlight reels will live on for a very long time. Great all-time Cats.

However haha....

I'm very optimistic that the new OC, McKay competing with Rovig, and a few new guys like Charles Brown and Naequan Parker plus the emergence of Monroe will ultimately make us way more effective through the air.

In addition to the 3 names above, I believe Steel will make the same year over year strides as the previous year, and Marshall will become more of a multi-dimensional threat, and our TE's will be more involved with Udy at the helm. Hadley could easily break out this year, and it's even possible that Lonergan is already our best TE out of the whole bunch and we just don't know it yet. Watch out for that dude believe me.

So can we debate if we technically "improved" based on personnel by looking at who we lost at WR, but I will say again, we will be much better through the air next year. I'm still confidently going with under for the Brawl.

Edit: I really should have looked closer at the roster before I submitted the post. Estes was already flashing, and Kleinhans and Hanser can get into the mix. Looking again at the roster I don't have any knowledge on Tayvian Williams, so I have some homework to do. The point is that I really think we've recruited well at WR, and the new OC combined with the future 1st team QB (whoever it turns out to be) will certainly prove that out. If that OP gave at O/U for passing in the Brawl at 225, I would take over even though we haven't touched that number in 4 years (I don't think..didn't look it up).

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:59 am

Darth Yoda wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:59 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:15 am
Darth Yoda wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:55 pm
I'm confidently going with under. If things go as I expect, I see a pretty even split. We will likely be better at QB and quite possibly better at WR, and assuming Bob Jr is still starting at safety (fingers crossed), we will have our way through the air. I'm thinking about a 250 and 250 type game.

“Possibly better at WR”.... I sure hope you are right, but that is a pretty bold prediction. Losing kassis and jonsen is massive.

I am excited to see Tyrone marshal have a bigger role though, along with coy Steele and some of the other young guys.
I was going to just let it go since any response might seem like I'm not going to miss Kassis and Jonsen, which simply isn't true. Those guys are legendary in my book and their respective highlight reels will live on for a very long time. Great all-time Cats.

However haha....

I'm very optimistic that the new OC, McKay competing with Rovig, and a few new guys like Charles Brown and Naequan Parker plus the emergence of Monroe will ultimately make us way more effective through the air.

In addition to the 3 names above, I believe Steel will make the same year over year strides as the previous year, and Marshall will become more of a multi-dimensional threat, and our TE's will be more involved with Udy at the helm. Hadley could easily break out this year, and it's even possible that Lonergan is already our best TE out of the whole bunch and we just don't know it yet. Watch out for that dude believe me.

So can we debate if we technically "improved" based on personnel by looking at who we lost at WR, but I will say again, we will be much better through the air next year. I'm still confidently going with under for the Brawl.

Edit: I really should have looked closer at the roster before I submitted the post. Estes was already flashing, and Kleinhans and Hanser can get into the mix. Looking again at the roster I don't have any knowledge on Tayvian Williams, so I have some homework to do. The point is that I really think we've recruited well at WR, and the new OC combined with the future 1st team QB (whoever it turns out to be) will certainly prove that out. If that OP gave at O/U for passing in the Brawl at 225, I would take over even though we haven't touched that number in 4 years (I don't think..didn't look it up).
I agree we will have a solid passing attack when we need it, but we will never be a "passing team" under Choate. Choate knows the winning formula, has implemented it, and will continue to improve on it. Play awesome defense and pound the rock.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!