What kind of cool Bobcat stuff do you own?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: What kind of cool Bobcat stuff do you own?

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:34 am

84CatGrad wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:52 pm
I don't know that this qualifies as cool but in 1982 or 1983 there was a new intramural sport - indoor wiffleball. I think it was a one year thing. It was held in the PE complex on the basketball courts. We figured out that a good strategy was to hit the ball straight up into the ceiling framing which is open web with a maze of beams, structure, ducts, etc. Once the wiffleball went into that it bounced around and there was no telling where and when it would drop back down. We rode that strategy to the first and only indoor wiffleball championship. Our reward? Giant yellow foam baseball caps with MSU Indoor Wiffleball Champs on them. My buddy still has his.

I know this doesn't fit the thread. But its a good memory.
:lol: I’d like to see a picture.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

FMFP_PHOTO
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by FMFP_PHOTO » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Hello BobcatNation,

Hope all are well and in good spirits...

I also don't know if what I have is cool stuff, but here I go:

a) I have 3 or 4 copies for each year the Bobcat Football Magazine — Review & Preview has been in existance, sign by each and every member of the football roster from the year 2013 until 2019.

b) I also have two copies of the 2014 or 2015 poster we put together with headshoots of all the players sign by all of them. matted and mounted to a solid Oak door frame it is about 30 x 40 and quite heavy.

c) I have posters of each and every cover of the magazine signed by those coaches/players/AD/President featured on the cover...

d) I have two posters with two each of the four covers designed for the 2019 cover of the Bobcat Football Magazine — Review & Preview signed by all the players in the 2019 roster... one with all the offensive players and the other with all the defensive players.

e) I also have a mid-size poster of the 2013 BFM cover sign by DMac and Cody Kirk both of them were featured on that year's magazine.

f) Last but not least I have a Blue & Gold solid steel chair, it is one of a kind, weights about 70 Lbs.

I have photos of all of that... one of this days I will action all of the above and most of the proceeds will go to create one or two MSU scholarships...

A photo of the chair is in the www.bobcatmagazines.com website

Cheers, Felix

PS I hope the above makes sense...

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:58 am

My wife's great-grandfather was a professor at MSU back in the early 1900's. We have a photo he took from the top of Montana Hall in 1913, looking northeast toward the Bridger Mountains:

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Couple more cool pics - here's a sweatshirt and men's basketball varsity letter from the early 1960's. Notice the name of the school at that time!!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

Camo_Cat

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:52 pm

My favorite prized Bobcat possession - a t-shirt from the 1984 National Championship season:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Here is the Chad Newell jersey I own. This was the jersey he wore in his last Cat-griz game in Missoula where he scored the winning touchdown. The markings on the jersey match up perfectly to the game photos.

I also have Nick LaSanes jersey from that game and I'm about 90% certain I have Chris Murrays (The flip) jersey from the game as well. The markings on those jerseys match up too. Pretty cool.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:05 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:52 pm
My favorite prized Bobcat possession - a t-shirt from the 1984 National Championship season:

That is cool. I have an old 1984 season t-shirt but it's not in near as good of shape.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:40 pm

Here is a picture of my 1984 championship watch. These watches were given to the players. My watch still works great. The players also received nice championship rings. I don't think the Big Sky gave the players anything that year, like they do now, but I'm not certain of that.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:19 am

Great topic.

I’m impressed and jealous of all the cool stuff folks have.

St George

Post by St George » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:40 am

1. A bronze Bobcat head wall plaque.
2. Print of oil painting by Barb Starner of MSU. numbered 300/1000
3. 1984 National Championship cap
4 Needle point Bobcat logo done by my kid.
5. Bobcat Fan zone wall hanging.
6. 2 Flags
7. 2 Vests
8 A scarf
9. Gloves
10. 2 hard coozies, a bunch of soft ones.
11. At least a dozen shirts
12. At least a dozen hats
13. a Coat
14. Ceramic coasters
15. MSU License plates
16. Bobcat Christmas Ornaments
17. Small Bobcat figure
18. 4 License plate frames.
19. A cowbell
20. Bobcat piggy bank

CPACAT
Member # Retired

Post by CPACAT » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:27 pm

Poker Table and Chips, patio bar, tailgate table, cornhole boards and bags, neon sign, metal sculptures and numerous Rob Brown figurines.

IYAACYAS

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:37 pm

CPACAT wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:27 pm
Poker Table and Chips, patio bar, tailgate table, cornhole boards and bags, neon sign, metal sculptures and numerous Rob Brown figurines.
Neon sign? Need a pic of that.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:58 am
My wife's great-grandfather was a professor at MSU back in the early 1900's. We have a photo he took from the top of Montana Hall in 1913, looking northeast toward the Bridger Mountains:

Camo, that is awesome. My grandmother attended from 1912-1914 and roomed in Hamilton Hall. To see that picture and realize that she was likely there that day is like time travel. Thank you!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:22 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:37 pm
CPACAT wrote:
I have one of those neon signs. Actually it's probably LED. Lowe's sold them back in the day. It's of the mid-2000's cat head logo. I'll snap a pic of mine and post it in this thread when I get a chance.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

St George

Post by St George » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:05 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:22 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:37 pm
CPACAT wrote:
I have one of those neon signs. Actually it's probably LED. Lowe's sold them back in the day. It's of the mid-2000's cat head logo. I'll snap a pic of mine and post it in this thread when I get a chance.
I remember those, They took notes from Costco putting local teams logo stuff for sale.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:33 pm

Sherwood cat wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:56 pm
FIrst time trying to post an image so don't know if it will work: My Dad attended MSU in the early 1940's - found the belt buckle stashed away after he passed. Very cool - is on a white canvas belt / sash. appears to be from a uniform ( band or ROTC???) but haven't been able to track it down. pretty neat, if anyone has any idea what it is from, would appreciate any feedback.
I finally got around to looking through some old yearbooks for you. Looks like your belt buckle was for ROTC students. Obviously, the belt was not a part of a regular Army uniform, but probably for a school specific drill team or honor guard activity.

I found this photo in the 1938-39 MSC yearbook.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:24 pm

Wish I could say a friend has a too-too and ballet shoes from a ccofm.....

Now most of you have some great gear.. Only real cool gear I have (at least to me) is a Section B jersey from Reno H Sales from the mid 70s. I am jealous!!!

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:17 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:33 pm
Sherwood cat wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:56 pm
FIrst time trying to post an image so don't know if it will work: My Dad attended MSU in the early 1940's - found the belt buckle stashed away after he passed. Very cool - is on a white canvas belt / sash. appears to be from a uniform ( band or ROTC???) but haven't been able to track it down. pretty neat, if anyone has any idea what it is from, would appreciate any feedback.
I finally got around to looking through some old yearbooks for you. Looks like your belt buckle was for ROTC students. Obviously, the belt was not a part of a regular Army uniform, but probably for a school specific drill team or honor guard activity.

I found this photo in the 1938-39 MSC yearbook.
Wow. This is awesome. Probably my favorite thread on this board