2020 Season

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5047
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: 2020 Season

Post by iaafan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm

A: A lot of that is the accountability piece. Coach (Alex) Willcox has sent out a two-week plan initially. Each one of the movements has variations based on what the young man has available on-hand, everything from simply body-weight exercise and cardiovascular conditioning, maybe a little skill-based work, up to if you have access to a full gym. We’ve tried to be cognizant of the fact that not everybody’s going to have all the equipment available (so we’ve) given players variations for each movement.


The accountability piece is really on those guys as individuals. We do have a number of young men in town and I know those guys are champing at the bit, and want to come in and maybe check some things out or that type of thing, and we just have to pump the brakes a little bit right now. But we do have a plan in place to continue to move forward with these remote workouts as well as remote meetings.

Based on that I’m not too worried about conditioning. Will it be as good? No, but I tend to believe MSU’s players are very accountable and adaptive. Most of them crave workouts and will adapt. I’m more concerned about the opponents abilities to make it to games.



bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3714
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: 2020 Season

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:01 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm
A: A lot of that is the accountability piece. Coach (Alex) Willcox has sent out a two-week plan initially. Each one of the movements has variations based on what the young man has available on-hand, everything from simply body-weight exercise and cardiovascular conditioning, maybe a little skill-based work, up to if you have access to a full gym. We’ve tried to be cognizant of the fact that not everybody’s going to have all the equipment available (so we’ve) given players variations for each movement.


The accountability piece is really on those guys as individuals. We do have a number of young men in town and I know those guys are champing at the bit, and want to come in and maybe check some things out or that type of thing, and we just have to pump the brakes a little bit right now. But we do have a plan in place to continue to move forward with these remote workouts as well as remote meetings.

Based on that I’m not too worried about conditioning. Will it be as good? No, but I tend to believe MSU’s players are very accountable and adaptive. Most of them crave workouts and will adapt. I’m more concerned about the opponents abilities to make it to games.
Realistically, how many of these kids have full gyms they can access right now? I'd bet it's a very low number.

Body weight stuff is fine, but it is not an effective replacement for weights. Now everybody else will be in the same boat, but regardless, it's a concern.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6156
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: 2020 Season

Post by catatac » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:51 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm
A: A lot of that is the accountability piece. Coach (Alex) Willcox has sent out a two-week plan initially. Each one of the movements has variations based on what the young man has available on-hand, everything from simply body-weight exercise and cardiovascular conditioning, maybe a little skill-based work, up to if you have access to a full gym. We’ve tried to be cognizant of the fact that not everybody’s going to have all the equipment available (so we’ve) given players variations for each movement.


The accountability piece is really on those guys as individuals. We do have a number of young men in town and I know those guys are champing at the bit, and want to come in and maybe check some things out or that type of thing, and we just have to pump the brakes a little bit right now. But we do have a plan in place to continue to move forward with these remote workouts as well as remote meetings.

Based on that I’m not too worried about conditioning. Will it be as good? No, but I tend to believe MSU’s players are very accountable and adaptive. Most of them crave workouts and will adapt. I’m more concerned about the opponents abilities to make it to games.
I agree. Choate has instilled a certain culture here and I guarantee these kids are working out. Will they see the gains, benefits they would have if all this wasn't going on? Probably not. But, they will be better than most teams out there, sans the NDSUs of the world.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
catsrback76
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7535
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: 2300 meters up in Ethiopia!

Re: 2020 Season

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:01 pm
iaafan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm
A: A lot of that is the accountability piece. Coach (Alex) Willcox has sent out a two-week plan initially. Each one of the movements has variations based on what the young man has available on-hand, everything from simply body-weight exercise and cardiovascular conditioning, maybe a little skill-based work, up to if you have access to a full gym. We’ve tried to be cognizant of the fact that not everybody’s going to have all the equipment available (so we’ve) given players variations for each movement.


The accountability piece is really on those guys as individuals. We do have a number of young men in town and I know those guys are champing at the bit, and want to come in and maybe check some things out or that type of thing, and we just have to pump the brakes a little bit right now. But we do have a plan in place to continue to move forward with these remote workouts as well as remote meetings.

Based on that I’m not too worried about conditioning. Will it be as good? No, but I tend to believe MSU’s players are very accountable and adaptive. Most of them crave workouts and will adapt. I’m more concerned about the opponents abilities to make it to games.
Realistically, how many of these kids have full gyms they can access right now? I'd bet it's a very low number.

Body weight stuff is fine, but it is not an effective replacement for weights. Now everybody else will be in the same boat, but regardless, it's a concern.
Here's a plan. Throw out some various kettlebells and give the kids routines to work the whole body! 8)
Curbside delivery too!



The MICKSTER
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: 2020 Season

Post by The MICKSTER » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:35 am

In 2019 there were 5 BSC teams that finished with a winning record; SAC & WSU @ 7-1, along with MSU, um, & EWU all at 6-2. The rest of the BSC finished 3-5 or worse (even UCD). Below is a summary of how many opponents each team has in 2020 that finished with a winning conference record in 2019 (i.e. the 5 teams listed above) and if they have them at home or away. Based on this the 2020 BSC schedules are listed from toughest at the top to weakest at the bottom.

TEAM......Away......Home------ Toughest
UNC..........2..........3
CP............3..........1
SUU..........2..........2
PSU..........2..........2
MSU..........3..........0
UI............2..........1
UCD.........1..........2
ISU...........1..........2
‘um..........1..........2
EWU.........0..........3
NAU..........1..........1
WSU..........1..........1
SAC..........1..........0
................................------Weakest

As you can see UNC has to play all 5...OUCH! On the other hand SAC only plays 1 (@um) and WSU has only 2 (MSU & @EWU). Of the 5 returning BSC teams with a winning record, the CATS have the toughest schedule. I didn't include UCD but think they could be in the running, but since this is the BSC there most likely will be at least one surprise team that makes a run.

If the CATS win the conference they will have earned it due to 3 potentially tough road games....@EWU, @WSU, @um. At least we have a BYE before having to travel to EWU, so that helps a little.

Here is a link to the upcoming BSC schedules... https://bigskyconf.com/services/downloa ... edules.pdf GO CATS!



The MICKSTER
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Re: 2020 Season

Post by The MICKSTER » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:24 pm

Here is a possibility to ponder.....IF the 2020 season is canceled (I HOPE IT ISN’T [-o< ) will it just get postponed to 2021, or will it be skipped and just not played? Currently the BSC Football schedule is set thru 2023. There could be significant difficulties in making the 2020 schedule ‘fit’ into the 2021 calendar because the ‘open’ or ‘bye’ dates for each team wouldn’t coincide, which could conflict with some teams scheduled OOC games. Also it’s possible that some stadiums may not be available...concerts, other sporting events, or other university events. This scenario would also apply to subsequent seasons....2022 & 2023 if the schedules are postponed. Because the BSC schedules are set (at least on paper) thru 2023, tells me it is more likely that if the 2020 schedule/season gets cancelled, it will never be played.

Could it be that....THERE WILL BE BACK-TO-BACK BRAWLS IN BOZEMAN, because the 2020 season will simply be skipped not postponed? :-k
Last edited by The MICKSTER on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.



Team10
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 877
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 am

Re: 2020 Season

Post by Team10 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:01 am

Not sure what thread it was under but there was some discussion as to who our DBs will be next year, more specifically Safety. Take a look at the first photo of Risinger's zoom meeting in the tweet. Some of the players have their names listed and others are just a face. There are 16 guys in the meeting, can anyone list them off?



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2956
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2020 Season

Post by AFCAT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:39 am

Team10 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:01 am
Not sure what thread it was under but there was some discussion as to who our DBs will be next year, more specifically Safety. Take a look at the first photo of Risinger's zoom meeting in the tweet. Some of the players have their names listed and others are just a face. There are 16 guys in the meeting, can anyone list them off?
Papa is Level Price

EZ is Eric Zambrano

TB is Tyler Bohannon

Money, Power, Respect is Tyrel Thomas

The others have their real names listed.


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

Post Reply