MSU at Utah

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU at Utah

Post by onceacat » Sat May 09, 2020 10:34 pm

Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:14 pm
We attended the game, the last time the Cats played at Utah. It was not a surprise that the Cat fans were stuck in a corner, but I was disappointed that I could not see much of the game due to the location of our seats.
My wife is a Utah grad. We went to that Cat game (the Utah fans were awesome hosts) and we went to the ASU game last year. I'd say you don't need to mortgage the farm to get a ticket, but games do sell out. You'll get tickets fine if you do it early.

In another note, IMO, Utah is a carbon copy of what Choate is trying to build here. Kyle Wittingham and Jeff Choate are damn near brothers... I think if there was one FCS team that looks like what the Cats want to become, its Utah.

I hope the game happens-I'm really excited to watch it play out!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat May 09, 2020 11:29 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 10:34 pm
Mrs TrackCat wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 11:14 pm
We attended the game, the last time the Cats played at Utah. It was not a surprise that the Cat fans were stuck in a corner, but I was disappointed that I could not see much of the game due to the location of our seats.
My wife is a Utah grad. We went to that Cat game (the Utah fans were awesome hosts) and we went to the ASU game last year. I'd say you don't need to mortgage the farm to get a ticket, but games do sell out. You'll get tickets fine if you do it early.

In another note, IMO, Utah is a carbon copy of what Choate is trying to build here. Kyle Wittingham and Jeff Choate are damn near brothers... I think if there was one FCS team that looks like what the Cats want to become, its Utah.

I hope the game happens-I'm really excited to watch it play out!
I’ve thought that the last season or two as well.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun May 10, 2020 7:15 pm

SACCAT wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:21 am
catatac wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:12 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:51 pm
btribby wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:54 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:29 pm
Impressive that MSU was able to negotiate the second highest payout in the country for a game that involves relatively easy travel to Salt Lake City. The NDSU/Oregon game will be fun to watch!
Oregon better hope for a delayed start to the season. I see them having little to no chance against NDSU.
That's a bold statement. The defending PAC12 and Rose Bowl champs have little to no chance against NDSU?
Kind of what I was thinking. Oregon will be favored but if someone forced me to put $100 down straight up odds... I'm taking NDSU. They were almost unstoppable before they found that QB. With him, they can play with anyone in the country IMO.
I will take that action... $100 to the Charity of the winners choice.
Uh no... not betting on that one!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun May 10, 2020 7:49 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:15 pm
SACCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
btribby wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
Impressive that MSU was able to negotiate the second highest payout in the country for a game that involves relatively easy travel to Salt Lake City. The NDSU/Oregon game will be fun to watch!
Oregon better hope for a delayed start to the season. I see them having little to no chance against NDSU.
That's a bold statement. The defending PAC12 and Rose Bowl champs have little to no chance against NDSU?
Kind of what I was thinking. Oregon will be favored but if someone forced me to put $100 down straight up odds... I'm taking NDSU. They were almost unstoppable before they found that QB. With him, they can play with anyone in the country IMO.
I'll give you 14 points and bet you any amount your willing.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun May 10, 2020 9:46 pm

seataccat wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:49 pm
catatac wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
btribby wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
That I might do, lets revisit if there's a season and when the betting lines come out.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Mon May 11, 2020 8:01 am

catatac wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:46 pm
seataccat wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 7:49 pm
catatac wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
btribby wrote:
MSU01 wrote:
That I might do, lets revisit if there's a season and when the betting lines come out.
If we wait I will give 13.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Mon May 11, 2020 11:27 am

I really hope this game is played here in SLC. Coach Whit thought last years' Utes were the best overall team he has ever had, was certainly disappointed losing to Oregon in the title game, which may have put them in the BCS playoff. That team had 7 players drafted, and another 5 sign UFA. (most in the Pac12)

But he is now saying the 2020-21 Ute team is just as good, as they have finally reached the depth they targeted when joining the Pac12. They have 7 DB's on the current roster projected to be NFL players. They have so many Poly lineman the team could be called the Tonga Utes - big, strong, twitchy, fast.

This is a great opportunity for the Bobcats to face a true top tier football team with NFL talent across position groups. We will catch them after their home opener with BYU, IF the schedule holds. If nothing else, this game can serve as a measuring stick for our players and coaches, and a great atmosphere where Rice-Eccles has been expanded since the Cats were last here.

I know some of the coaches, they were disappointed last time we came to town - 27-10 win but 'lost' the second half and they came down on the players.

As far as Oregon-NDSU, that game being the first game for both teams, AND Oregon playing Ohio State the next week - that could be a trap game for Oregon -- new QB, Oregon has lost a lot of seniors. The Ducks should win handily, but those damn bizon .........

after all that, IMO none of these games will be played, and if they are, no fans in the stands.