Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by ND0479 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:45 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:13 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:34 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:28 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:12 pm
1, 4, 3, 2

I'm not big on the use of the flag with Gold Rush. #2 would make a great shirt if you replaced Gold Rush with Military Appreciation and released it for that game. I'd like #3 more if it had a regular Cat head (essentially #4 without the stars, which seem out of place). #1 is my favorite by far.
I agree. I am not a fan of using the flag for Gold Rush. Using the flag to promote a football game or damn near anything is in poor taste. I guess I’m old fashioned, but the flag is a very solemn symbol and should not be used in this way. #1 by far.
I agree.
Since you two are old fashioned, what do you think about players having to stand for the national anthem?

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:28 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:45 pm
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
1, 4, 3, 2

I'm not big on the use of the flag with Gold Rush. #2 would make a great shirt if you replaced Gold Rush with Military Appreciation and released it for that game. I'd like #3 more if it had a regular Cat head (essentially #4 without the stars, which seem out of place). #1 is my favorite by far.
I agree. I am not a fan of using the flag for Gold Rush. Using the flag to promote a football game or damn near anything is in poor taste. I guess I’m old fashioned, but the flag is a very solemn symbol and should not be used in this way. #1 by far.
I agree.
Since you two are old fashioned, what do you think about players having to stand for the national anthem?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe…. Just call them like I see them. Sorry for the diversion but I couldn’t help it. The hypocrisy from some of these liberals is beyond me. “Call me old fashioned… and the flag is very solemn”, but you don’t have to stand for the national anthem…. Total hypocrisy.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm

Problem I have is getting a brand identity. Too many different shades of gold over the years. I think gizz do a better job if brand identity and MSU needs to step up their game.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:12 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm
Problem I have is getting a brand identity. Too many different shades of gold over the years. I think gizz do a better job if brand identity and MSU needs to step up their game.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. Cat merchandise and marketing is better than it has ever been. Maybe it is just me, but the Griz stuff seems dated and not very attractive. Very blah.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:17 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:12 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:45 pm
Sorry, but I have to disagree. Cat merchandise and marketing is better than it has ever been. Maybe it is just me, but the Griz stuff seems dated and not very attractive. Very blah.
Could be THAT color of griz stuff.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 am

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:28 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
1, 4, 3, 2

I agree.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Maybe…. Just call them like I see them. Sorry for the diversion but I couldn’t help it. The hypocrisy from some of these liberals is beyond me. “Call me old fashioned… and the flag is very solemn”, but you don’t have to stand for the national anthem…. Total hypocrisy.
I mean, using the US flag on clothing is a violation of the Flag Code, so using institutional support to violate basic respect for the flag is problematic.

Of course, using a State institution's power to require a student to stand for the anthem is pushing into a government mandated expression of speech...which is also pretty problematic.

I guess it looks like "hypocrisy" if you don't have any understanding of either the flag code or the 1st Amendment...but its really the same issue: should a government body violate the Flag Code? And should it violate the 1st Amendment?

I'd be inclined to say "no" to both, but that really just seems like consistently applying the idea of "MSU shouldn't be in the habit of violating federal law, even when that law (in the case of the Flag Code) is more of a guideline.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:46 am

onceacat wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 am

I mean, using the US flag on clothing is a violation of the Flag Code, so using institutional support to violate basic respect for the flag is problematic.

Of course, using a State institution's power to require a student to stand for the anthem is pushing into a government mandated expression of speech...which is also pretty problematic.

I guess it looks like "hypocrisy" if you don't have any understanding of either the flag code or the 1st Amendment...but its really the same issue: should a government body violate the Flag Code? And should it violate the 1st Amendment?

I'd be inclined to say "no" to both, but that really just seems like consistently applying the idea of "MSU shouldn't be in the habit of violating federal law, even when that law (in the case of the Flag Code) is more of a guideline.
HOW DARE YOU come on to an internet message board and post a viewpoint as reasonable as this one is!

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:05 am

onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
1, 4, 3, 2

I agree.

Wokeism taken to the next level. Wow.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 am

Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:05 am
onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
1, 4, 3, 2

I agree.

Meds man... get back on your meds... you're freaking insane.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:12 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:04 am
Cataholic wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:05 am
onceacat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
1, 4, 3, 2

I agree.

Meds man... get back on your meds... you're freaking insane.
Seriously? You think using red, white and blue Stars and Stripes on a t-shirt should be banned? And that not standing for the national anthem is justified because it would be a government mandated expression of speech? That is what he is saying. Please clarify your position.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:17 am

Please let some new offseason random *^%$ happen today (besides ESPN) to help us move on from flag politics on this thread. [-o<

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:27 am

The U.S. flag has seven red and six white stripes and 50 stars. The patriotic imagery on the Cats helmet decal and this t-shirt is not the U.S. flag.

The U.S. Flag code only makes suggestions and general rules that aren't backed up by law. A civilian can do pretty much whatever they want to with their U.S. flag. You can print the flag on a napkin, put the imagery on a t-shirt, or do just about anything else with it.

Not standing for the national anthem is not an unlawful act and as a protest statement is protected free speech.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:29 am

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:30 am

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 am

I don't know, but a special teams coach might be kinda nice.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:38 am

Last edited by AFCAT on Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:39 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:35 am
I don't know, but a special teams coach might be kinda nice.
I believe Vigen said that two of the current coaches will be sharing the role.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:38 am
New defensive grad assistant.

https://msubobcats.com/sports/football/ ... avasos/906

[media]https://twitter.com/coach_travasos?lang=en[/media]
He looks like he’s still a few years away from needing a razor.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 am
AFCAT wrote:

He needs a new suit now or grow into the one he has.

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:28 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:42 am
AFCAT wrote:

On the contrary