Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:26 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:45 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:31 pm
I just read the article by Bill Speltz about the Choate-Hauck rivalry. I wish there was a puke emoji on here. I can't even comprehend some of the stupidity in his article.

"Bill Speltz: With Jeff Choate staying, Bobby Hauck has his big chance | UM Grizzlies | 406mtsports.com" https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 4.amp.html
Back in 2018, in Hauck's first season in his second stint with the Grizzlies, Choate was fortunate to escape Missoula with a win. Cat fans remember the drama of the closing seconds as the Timeout (Choate's) Heard 'Round The World followed by a crushing fumble by Montana.

Phooey. More like the Do-Over Heard 'Round The World after UM scored what should have been the game-winning touchdown. There's not supposed to be do-overs in sports, folks. Not after your 10th birthday anyway.
A timeout was called...and the play was blown dead before the snap. This isn't hard.
Hauck needed a couple years to get his horses in place. I'm not talking quarter horses like the ones that played wide receiver and recently left the Grizzlies for greener pastures on the FBS level. I'm talking Clydesdales — the kind Hauck made a recruiting priority back in his first stint with Montana, helping him create an FCS dynasty.
Don't you need to win multiple championships to become a dynasty? Robert Hauck has...wait for it...not won a FCS championship as a head coach. Again...this isn't hard.
Neither Hauck nor Choate are above winning with the forward pass, mind you, but both enjoy punching you in the mouth with their run games. Choate had his ground attack in place the two times he beat Bobby. Now I'm quite certain Bobby has his in place.
One team runs the ball and the other tries to run the ball. End of story.
Thanks for doing the work pulling out the worst parts so I didn't have to :lol:

At first I thought to myself meh whatever a Griz homer writing from the Griz point of view. Then his garbage about a dynasty, that like you said never won a championship made me scratch my head. But the final unbelievable bit was how Bobby somehow has his ground attack in place???? One good RB does not make a running game great. And his line can't block to save their lives in the run game. Not to mention they didn't use a FB last year at all did they? And that was a huge part of the Griz run game in the past.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:54 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:26 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
I just read the article by Bill Speltz about the Choate-Hauck rivalry. I wish there was a puke emoji on here. I can't even comprehend some of the stupidity in his article.

"Bill Speltz: With Jeff Choate staying, Bobby Hauck has his big chance | UM Grizzlies | 406mtsports.com" https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 4.amp.html
Back in 2018, in Hauck's first season in his second stint with the Grizzlies, Choate was fortunate to escape Missoula with a win. Cat fans remember the drama of the closing seconds as the Timeout (Choate's) Heard 'Round The World followed by a crushing fumble by Montana.

Phooey. More like the Do-Over Heard 'Round The World after UM scored what should have been the game-winning touchdown. There's not supposed to be do-overs in sports, folks. Not after your 10th birthday anyway.
A timeout was called...and the play was blown dead before the snap. This isn't hard.
Hauck needed a couple years to get his horses in place. I'm not talking quarter horses like the ones that played wide receiver and recently left the Grizzlies for greener pastures on the FBS level. I'm talking Clydesdales — the kind Hauck made a recruiting priority back in his first stint with Montana, helping him create an FCS dynasty.
Don't you need to win multiple championships to become a dynasty? Robert Hauck has...wait for it...not won a FCS championship as a head coach. Again...this isn't hard.
Neither Hauck nor Choate are above winning with the forward pass, mind you, but both enjoy punching you in the mouth with their run games. Choate had his ground attack in place the two times he beat Bobby. Now I'm quite certain Bobby has his in place.

At first I thought to myself meh whatever a Griz homer writing from the Griz point of view. Then his garbage about a dynasty, that like you said never won a championship made me scratch my head. But the final unbelievable bit was how Bobby somehow has his ground attack in place???? One good RB does not make a running game great. And his line can't block to save their lives in the run game. Not to mention they didn't use a FB last year at all did they? And that was a huge part of the Griz run game in the past.
Lol. Glad others had a laugh at Spetz' drivel. I think that was the worst piece of "journalism" he's written and that says a lot. He's too lazy to rewatch the game on YouTube and plainly see Choate telling the ref he was going to call a timeout. And he isn't smart enough to question why the Cats lined up in their base defense for a goal line stand.

Looked up the rushing yards from the beat down.
Cats: 382 yds
griz: 46 yds

Yeah Bill, looks like Bobby has his team right on the cusp of rushing dominance.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:43 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:54 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:26 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Lol. Glad others had a laugh at Spetz' drivel. I think that was the worst piece of "journalism" he's written and that says a lot. He's too lazy to rewatch the game on YouTube and plainly see Choate telling the ref he was going to call a timeout. And he isn't smart enough to question why the Cats lined up in their base defense for a goal line stand.

Looked up the rushing yards from the beat down.
Cats: 382 yds
griz: 46 yds

Yeah Bill, looks like Bobby has his team right on the cusp of rushing dominance.
Speltz is the second biggest Hack in Missoula.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:40 pm

Normally I think most Cat fans overreact to articles that “slight” the Cats, but yea that was garbage. Does anyone consider the early 90s Bills teams that lost 4 Super Bowls in a row a dynasty? Yea I didn’t think so.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:47 pm

Quite the journalistic HACK job.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:04 am

VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

And Hauck didn’t create diddly squat. He inherited a dynasty and to his credit, didn’t exactly destroy it. Well, unless you count all the ancillary off-the-field issues that have continued to wreck COVID-like havoc on the program for the past decade, all of which began under his watch and he had a lot to do with both through ego and omission.

Hauck is a hack. Choate will keep owning him because he’s 10x the coach and 1000x the man.

GO CATS GO!!!

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:37 am

Bill Speltz working his second job:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:57 am

I went by my moms house to see how she is doing and the first thing she said when I walked through the door was; “Did you read this Speltz article in the paper!?” :lol: She is a huge Bobcat fan.
Last edited by AFCAT on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:57 am

Love it! Man that picture never gets old :lol: \:D/

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:23 am

I think he's HOPING the Griz can find a run game because they're going to need one after losing the best QB they've had in a long time, and an NFL caliber receiver. With MSU returning 4 of 5 on the O Line and that stable of running backs..... I can guarantee MSU will out rush UM in the Fall, probably by a lot.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:56 pm

And he conveniently avoided the fact that Choate's wins were #3 and #4 in a row for him and the Cats.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Mtcatfan wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:56 pm
And he conveniently avoided the fact that Choate's wins were #3 and #4 in a row for him and the Cats.
I think Bäw-baè's record against MSU is now 5-4. After this year he's going to have to shut the hell up about his record against MSU, and especially coaching against Choate.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

FTG247365
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by FTG247365 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:34 pm

BozoneCat wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:04 am
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

And Hauck didn’t create diddly squat. He inherited a dynasty and to his credit, didn’t exactly destroy it. Well, unless you count all the ancillary off-the-field issues that have continued to wreck COVID-like havoc on the program for the past decade, all of which began under his watch and he had a lot to do with both through ego and omission.

Hauck is a hack. Choate will keep owning him because he’s 10x the coach and 1000x the man.
Love this part of his article "He didn't get the job in Boise. Now Hauck, who did land a head coaching job on the FBS level at UNLV in 2009, has his chance to knock Choate down a peg". He fails to mention Hauck was replaced with a High School Head, Tony Sanchez. I would say taking 2nd for the Boise job, is bigger compliment, than coaching at UNLV.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:46 pm

FTG247365 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:34 pm
BozoneCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Love this part of his article "He didn't get the job in Boise. Now Hauck, who did land a head coaching job on the FBS level at UNLV in 2009, has his chance to knock Choate down a peg". He fails to mention Hauck was replaced with a High School Head, Tony Sanchez. I would say taking 2nd for the Boise job, is bigger compliment, than coaching at UNLV.
...and he went 15-49 at UNLV.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:46 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Yep. And I know some Hauck lovers that always say, yabbut - it's really hard to win at UNLV because the support from administration and community isn't there. The big difference between Choate and Hauck is that Choate would have changed that. I can promise you Choate would have had a much better record than 15-49.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:59 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 am
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:46 pm
FTG247365 wrote:
BozoneCat wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Yep. And I know some Hauck lovers that always say, yabbut - it's really hard to win at UNLV because the support from administration and community isn't there. The big difference between Choate and Hauck is that Choate would have changed that. I can promise you Choate would have had a much better record than 15-49.
I see it differently, the best job Hauck could land was a ****** dead end job at UNLV, Choate had a real chance to land one of the top G5 jobs in the country.

When Choate came to MSU he needed to upgrade talent and change the culture, he has succeeded at both. When Hauck went to UNLV he needed to upgrade the talent and change the culture, he failed at both and went on to accept a ST job at another 2nd rate G5 program.

Outside of Missoula Hauck has been a 3rd rate coach and has never built a program, in his first stint at UM he maintained the status-quo quite nicely. Choate on the other hand has built on the MSU program. MSU is a much better program in almost any measure today than it was 4 years ago.

Bobby doesn't seem to making the waves that he did in his first go around at UM, I think he has seen the writing on the wall and knows that this is his ceiling, He will stay at UM as long as he can and may retire from there in 20 years if the fanbase doesn't force his firing for losing to the Cats too many times.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 pm

I never got to read the article before it was removed. :hot: :rant:

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 pm

Cledus wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 pm
Here it is -

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 529c4.html

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:58 pm

Oh how soon people forget. A lot of people in Missoula wanted Hauck gone because they were sick of not winning the NC, of losing out in the playoffs.

He made the NC 3 times in 7 seasons at UM, which is super impressive. This includes the last 2 seasons before he'd leave for UNLV. The other 4 seasons were all first round exists. This lead to almost becoming a victim of his own success.

So Hauck saw the writing on the wall - his seat might start warming up if he kept losing out in the playoffs, but on the positive side he'd just come off back to back NC appearances, so he got out while the getting was good.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 pm

imacat wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 pm
Cledus wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:51 pm
Here it is -

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 529c4.html
Thanks!