Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by wbtfg » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:38 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:20 pm
I know it's not off season but this is definitely a random post! Just watched the latest Big Cats Little Trucks with Ryan Davis. I may be the only one here but I had totally forgotten he was Native American, and didn't remember that he was Leo's brother. :oops: He seems like a great young man - it's incredible how many kids we have in this program that are super talented AND high character!
Yep....Great family. Not only is he Leo's brother, but another brother, Steven, played bball at MSU. I think Leo is working in the schools. Steven, I think, is a big time scientist probably making a truckload of money. Just a great Bobcat family....

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:14 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:38 pm
catatac wrote:
I know it's not off season but this is definitely a random post! Just watched the latest Big Cats Little Trucks with Ryan Davis. I may be the only one here but I had totally forgotten he was Native American, and didn't remember that he was Leo's brother. :oops: He seems like a great young man - it's incredible how many kids we have in this program that are super talented AND high character!
Yep....Great family. Not only is he Leo's brother, but another brother, Steven, played bball at MSU. I think Leo is working in the schools. Steven, I think, is a big time scientist probably making a truckload of money. Just a great Bobcat family....
Steven is back in Bozeman and incredibly active in the Bozeman and campus communities. The whole family are wonderful people.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:20 pm

coachouert wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:38 pm
catatac wrote:
Steven is back in Bozeman and incredibly active in the Bozeman and campus communities. The whole family are wonderful people.
Another brother, Matt, played LB for the Cats, but had to quit due to a health condition. Don't know that he played in many or any games, but he was on the team for a year or two.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Here's a random bit of useless trivia.

The attendance at War Memorial Stadium when the Cats played WY was 27,007. Their next highest attendance was 24,926 against their "rival" CSU.

WY should beg MSU to play every year to help boost their athletic coffers.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:16 pm

rivercat wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:52 pm
Here's a random bit of useless trivia.

The attendance at War Memorial Stadium when the Cats played WY was 27,007. Their next highest attendance was 24,926 against their "rival" CSU.

WY should beg MSU to play every year to help boost their athletic coffers.
Wyoming…………..should’ve won that f’ing game. ](*,)

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:20 pm

MSU had the grand opening for the revitalized Romney Hall today. The building is now not only the coolest looking building on campus on the outside but on the inside as well. I posted a bunch of photos in Bobcat Hang out section for anyone interested.

https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewt ... =4&t=50385

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:20 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:20 pm
MSU had the grand opening for the revitalized Romney Hall today. The building is now not only the coolest looking building on campus on the outside but on the inside as well. I posted a bunch of photos in Bobcat Hang out section for anyone interested.

I think it's always been the coolest building on campus. I was lobbying pretty hard with everybody I knew a few years ago to save Romney. It is a cool building and it looks great now!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:19 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:20 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:20 pm

I think it's always been the coolest building on campus. I was lobbying pretty hard with everybody I knew a few years ago to save Romney. It is a cool building and it looks great now!
Thanks AFCAT for a great look. Super job on the reconstruction!

On another note, my wife and I loved the picture of Waded. If you put her in a blond wig, she is Bernadette from Big Bang.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:34 am

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:45 am
imacat wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:29 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:43 pm
imacat wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:55 pm
Rumor is that McNeese State and Incarnate Word are leaving the Southland Conference and going to the WAC.
Where'd you hear that? I wonder if this is in response to SHSU possibly leaving for Conference USA since they didn't want UIW with the rest of the Texas schools originally.

This would most likely kill the Southland and force teams like Nicholls and SELA to try to get into the OVC or the new ASUN.
https://www.kplctv.com/2021/11/02/repor ... hland-wac/
Just setting up the whack to have an east and a west conference division. Making a 16 team football league
Incarnate left the wac and now so is Lamar

"Conference realignment continues to spin at the FCS level - Footballscoop" https://footballscoop.com/news/conferen ... thland-wac

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:34 am

Montanabob wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:45 am
imacat wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:29 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:43 pm
imacat wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:55 pm
Rumor is that McNeese State and Incarnate Word are leaving the Southland Conference and going to the WAC.
Where'd you hear that? I wonder if this is in response to SHSU possibly leaving for Conference USA since they didn't want UIW with the rest of the Texas schools originally.

This would most likely kill the Southland and force teams like Nicholls and SELA to try to get into the OVC or the new ASUN.
https://www.kplctv.com/2021/11/02/repor ... hland-wac/
Just setting up the whack to have an east and a west conference division. Making a 16 team football league
Incarnate left the wac and now so is Lamar

"Conference realignment continues to spin at the FCS level - Footballscoop" https://footballscoop.com/news/conferen ... thland-wac

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back