Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by wbtfg » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:00 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:32 pm
This is so great. I’d pay top dollar to go on this trip.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:11 pm

One barely good thing about Covid is that it reinforced how important fans are.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Putting good money after bad?

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:09 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:53 pm

Why? It’s totally with the times.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:35 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:09 pm
AFCAT wrote:

It’s a question to talk about. I really don’t care how they spend their money, but these old domes were built for a different era. The stadium seats 12,000 people, has seen better days, and is usually half full on gameday. Would it be a better idea to build something new and improved, preferably outdoors, and attract more fans? Of course, a winning team would help with that too.

I just looked up EWU progress on their stadium project and in two years they have only raised $5mil of their $25mil goal. Crazy that they have such a fantastic football program and their fans just don’t support it financially. The Cats are certainly blessed.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:34 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:35 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

It’s a question to talk about. I really don’t care how they spend their money, but these old domes were built for a different era. The stadium seats 12,000 people, has seen better days, and is usually half full on gameday. Would it be a better idea to build something new and improved, preferably outdoors, and attract more fans? Of course, a winning team would help with that too.

I just looked up EWU progress on their stadium project and in two years they have only raised $5mil of their $25mil goal. Crazy that they have such a fantastic football program and their fans just don’t support it financially. The Cats are certainly blessed.
Implosions are nice!!

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RICO CAT » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:47 pm

I saw an article written a few years ago about ISU wanting to replace their current seating with more comfortable padded seats that have arm rests with cup holders. However, these new seats would actually reduce the overall capacity of the arena.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:50 pm

They have to do something because that place is a dump. Went the last time we played there. You have to go outside to go from one side to the other, and they have about half the bathrooms and concessions they need. The seating is also terrible. I don't think they have done anything since it was built in the 1970's.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:34 pm

AFCAT wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

There ain’t much money in Cheney.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:07 am

AFCAT wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I am guessing that a new facility is so far out of the ballpark money wise that they don’t have any other choices than to refurbish Holt. Correct me if I am wrong, but they don’t even mention what the refurbishment will cost. As for new, how much did the new Bozeman High field cost? Probably a bare bones project for a new facility with 10,000 seats and worthy of a low level FCS team with basic steel bleachers will run at least $25 million - most likely much more.

bob12
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bob12 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:37 am

Not knowing their money situation, isn't being proactive and doing something better than not doing anything?! Didn't the first $2 million donated by an anonymous donor in 2018 have a stipulation that the track and field area behind the stadium be redone before anything for the brick or the stadium itself, not to mention tennis and golf being involved in that donation? Without that donation, would we have been able to begin to recruit more funding to even build the BAC? Have to start somewhere. But yes, burn down all domes... football should be played outside, that's not me being facetious.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:37 am

bob12 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:37 am
Not knowing their money situation, isn't being proactive and doing something better than not doing anything?! Didn't the first $2 million donated by an anonymous donor in 2018 have a stipulation that the track and field area behind the stadium be redone before anything for the brick or the stadium itself, not to mention tennis and golf being involved in that donation? Without that donation, would we have been able to begin to recruit more funding to even build the BAC? Have to start somewhere. But yes, burn down all domes... football should be played outside, that's not me being facetious.
I don't think the Dakota teams would agree with you.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:49 am

RICO CAT wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:47 pm
I saw an article written a few years ago about ISU wanting to replace their current seating with more comfortable padded seats that have arm rests with cup holders. However, these new seats would actually reduce the overall capacity of the arena.
Maybe if they put in reclining seats with cup holds and even further reduce the capacity they can get close to selling out a few games. I know a guy that used to play football for ISU, he never goes inside to see the game.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:43 pm

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Very cool!

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:39 pm

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Is Bill Speltz the absolute worst homer reporter in the history of college football?

https://mtstandard.com/sports/college/b ... bfbef.html
If the Grizzlies fail in their bid to muzzle the Huskies, they'll have one more chance to dazzle me during the regular season. That will come on the red turf in Cheney, Washington. Wins over Montana State, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Southern Utah ... they'd be nice and all, but not much dazzle there.
Can someone remind him that the Griz haven’t beat the Cats in the last four games.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:21 pm

Everything that guy writes is just garbage

FTG- GO CATS GO!

catgradtimes2
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by catgradtimes2 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:15 pm
Is Bill Speltz the absolute worst homer reporter in the history of college football?

If the Grizzlies fail in their bid to muzzle the Huskies, they'll have one more chance to dazzle me during the regular season. That will come on the red turf in Cheney, Washington. Wins over Montana State, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado, Southern Utah ... they'd be nice and all, but not much dazzle there.
Can someone remind him that the Griz haven’t beat the Cats in the last four games.
Just three times in the last decade. Living in the past, but they certainly have won the preseason this year.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:15 pm

Without a doubt Speltz is the worst hack ever to pick up a pencil and note pad. I stopped reading anything by him (I did read this piece pf pulp fiction) after an article in which he referenced the mythical timeout that Choate called.

Now that I'm reminded again, I'll vigilantly avoid his kaka.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate