Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by onceacat » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:59 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:09 pm
PortlandCat90 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:20 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:54 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:33 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Solid program
That will make 25 Division I football programs in Texas :shock: :shock:
And enough talent in that state to stock all of those schools.
Last year 25% of the starting NFL quarterbacks attended HS in Texas: Mahomes, Brees, Stafford, Murray, Mayfield, Foles, Dalton, and Tannehill. Westlake High here in Austin has two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks - Brees and Foles. Then throw in Carr, McCown, Luck, and the list goes on and on.

Texas HS produced 34 NFL draft picks in 2021, or about 1 in 7. Our son is a Sophomore and in 6A. His school has 2 football stadiums and Friday plays Vandegrift - former home of Prukop. Pretty amazing to see how much talent there is down here and how much money goes not only in football, but the bands as well. This same high school has two charter-type busses solely for the band.
I was in the DFW area for work and was driving along the Interstate with a colleague. We drove by a stadium and I asked him what college plays there? He said that is a high school…. They had a Jumbotron and it looked like sky boxes! I saw where some of those high school coaches make over $150,000 per year.

My wife grew up in Oklahoma. The first time she came to Bozeman, back in 2000, as we were driving down Kagy, she asked “Is that where your high school plays?”

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Lance having a career year as his route running and contested catch ability have finally caught up to his athleticism/size. Some Bobcat fan's response: "We throw to him too much!"

Go back to 2018-2019: "We run too much with Troy! Good teams will know its coming and shut it down! We have to be balanced and throw more!"

Fast-forward to 2021: "We throw too much to our best WR! Good teams will stop it! Need to spread it out more!"

More 2021 where Matt spreads it around against UNC: "I'm not sold on Matt and our offensive coordinator! Lance only had 4 catches!"

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:07 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Lance having a career year as his route running and contested catch ability have finally caught up to his athleticism/size. Some Bobcat fan's response: "We throw to him too much!"

Go back to 2018-2019: "We run too much with Troy! Good teams will know its coming and shut it down! We have to be balanced and throw more!"

Fast-forward to 2021: "We throw too much to our best WR! Good teams will stop it! Need to spread it out more!"

More 2021 where Matt spreads it around against UNC: "I'm not sold on Matt and our offensive coordinator! Lance only had 4 catches!"
\:D/ Fans make the world go 'round!! Gotta love 'em. For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:18 pm

VimSince03 wrote:

Killing it! He has definitely been one of the biggest breakout players in the entire conference this year.

I checked out egriz the other day (always a mistake)... but I was surprised to see that they had a topic on how Lance is better then Akem, which I was pretty shocked to see on egriz.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:10 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:18 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

Killing it! He has definitely been one of the biggest breakout players in the entire conference this year.

I checked out egriz the other day (always a mistake)... but I was surprised to see that they had a topic on how Lance is better then Akem, which I was pretty shocked to see on egriz.
Started by a Cat troll to get a rise.

Though I do appreciate all summer long we heard about how their WR Corp was hands down best in the league and maybe in the country. Curious how long it will take them to play that way?

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:44 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:10 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

Though I do appreciate all summer long we heard about how their WR Corp was hands down best in the league and maybe in the country. Curious how long it will take them to play that way?
I think I also saw over there that their lb crew is better than ours and ours is not very good.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:48 pm

RickRund wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:44 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
mslacatfan wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I think I also saw over there that their lb crew is better than ours and ours is not very good.
Well of course not! :lol:

I read a lot over there and what I’ve gathered is our defense sucks, there’s is amazing. Easterns defense was the worst they ever saw. Until Saturday night, all of a sudden they’re pretty good. Our offense sucks and while there’s isn’t great, it’s better than ours.

Pick any group, and I can say with certainty the same group is better in Missoula. :-k

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:13 am

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:31 am

ND0479 wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:13 am
Now the WAC will really suck. Wonder if the ASUN will still be a thing or if those teams go back to their original conferences.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:09 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:48 pm
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

I read a lot over there and what I’ve gathered is our defense sucks, there’s is amazing. Easterns defense was the worst they ever saw. Until Saturday night, all of a sudden they’re pretty good. Our offense sucks and while there’s isn’t great, it’s better than ours.

Pick any group, and I can say with certainty the same group is better in Missoula. :-k
I lurk over there a lot and make the occasional post. It's funny how they say they're better than us at everything, but out of the other side of their mouth there's a lot of trepidation for the upcoming Cat-griz game. More and more of them are starting to recognize the other shoe's about to drop. And still in their weekly prediction thread all but one or two (who know what's up) have them winning every game by a score of 55-10 (not all exactly, but you get the idea).

The BSC actually splits out conference from the yearly totals and MSU is arguably the best defense in the league. We're second in yards and first in scoring. um is 5th in yards and 5th in scoring, but that's somehow better. :-k :-k

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:16 am

Cledus wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:09 am
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

I lurk over there a lot and make the occasional post. It's funny how they say they're better than us at everything, but out of the other side of their mouth there's a lot of trepidation for the upcoming Cat-griz game. More and more of them are starting to recognize the other shoe's about to drop. And still in their weekly prediction thread all but one or two (who know what's up) have them winning every game by a score of 55-10 (not all exactly, but you get the idea).

The BSC actually splits out conference from the yearly totals and MSU is arguably the best defense in the league. We're second in yards and first in scoring. um is 5th in yards and 5th in scoring, but that's somehow better. :-k :-k
Well because we haven’t played anyone good and apparently they have played a very difficult schedule. :-k

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:26 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:16 am
Cledus wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:09 am
ilovethecats wrote:
RickRund wrote:
ilovethecats wrote:

Well because we haven’t played anyone good and apparently they have played a very difficult schedule. :-k
The Dixie State and Southern Utah rosters are full of guys who will be playing on Sunday next year. :wink:

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:55 pm

Rumor is that McNeese State and Incarnate Word are leaving the Southland Conference and going to the WAC.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:43 pm

imacat wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:55 pm
Rumor is that McNeese State and Incarnate Word are leaving the Southland Conference and going to the WAC.
Where'd you hear that? I wonder if this is in response to SHSU possibly leaving for Conference USA since they didn't want UIW with the rest of the Texas schools originally.

This would most likely kill the Southland and force teams like Nicholls and SELA to try to get into the OVC or the new ASUN.

imacat

Post by imacat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:29 am

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:43 pm
imacat wrote:
Where'd you hear that? I wonder if this is in response to SHSU possibly leaving for Conference USA since they didn't want UIW with the rest of the Texas schools originally.

This would most likely kill the Southland and force teams like Nicholls and SELA to try to get into the OVC or the new ASUN.
https://www.kplctv.com/2021/11/02/repor ... hland-wac/

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:45 am

imacat wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:29 am
BleedingBLue wrote:
imacat wrote:

https://www.kplctv.com/2021/11/02/repor ... hland-wac/
Just setting up the whack to have an east and a west conference division. Making a 16 team football league

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:24 am

Cats script on the Gold Helmets??

imacat

Post by imacat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:12 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
imacat wrote:

Just a bit of trivia.
The Fiesta Bowl was originally established so that the winner of the WAC could go to a bowl game (they got an automatic bid).
Similarly, the Independence Bowl was established for the same purpose for the Southland Conference winner.

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BStinsMSU » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:21 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:24 am

Looks really good, maybe we’re getting foreshadowing for the next home game? Blue tops gold bottoms gold helmets?

Also noticed on a different post Chase Benson in practice which would point to positive news for this weekend !

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:30 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:24 am

I dig. That should make some fans here happy.

But whatever it is; blue, gold, or white... doesn't matter to me. I like it all.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.