Off season random *^%$

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Off season random *^%$

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Lewis Kidd :lol:

Crazy what strength training and 5 years will do to a guy.

imacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by imacat » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:31 pm

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:03 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:06 pm

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:13 pm

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:11 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:13 pm
:lol: :lol: HB 112 what a piece of work world we live in. It would be nice for common sense to make a showing before the Kapeenicks, biles, and king james run the show into the ground.

If your left, you aren’t right.

2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by 083190 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 pm

Dedicated conference rivals for Cats and UM.....

UM loses Idaho and adds Portland State
MSU loses UNC and adds Eastern

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:45 pm

083190 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 pm

This makes sense for MSU and no sense for um. Idaho and um have been rivals since they were both in the Pacific Coast Conference. I guess Bobby wanted a guaranteed win every year and Barnum wants to stay besties with Bobby.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:21 am

rivercat wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:45 pm
083190 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:52 pm

This makes sense for MSU and no sense for um. Idaho and um have been rivals since they were both in the Pacific Coast Conference. I guess Bobby wanted a guaranteed win every year and Barnum wants to stay besties with Bobby.
:lol:

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:28 pm

"Montana, Montana State get new protected rivals in Big Sky Conference play for 2022-24 seasons | MSU Bobcats | 406mtsports.com" https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky ... 7.amp.html

Aaron Best's comment about not being a natural rival with the Cats because of distance is pretty funny to me.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm

Some stupid stuff here. Since when do leagues determine who has a rivalry? Rivalries take place naturally. Some are very old, others just got started.

Helena Capital and CMR birthed a rivalry a few decades ago simply from playing each other in the playoffs and state title games, but that rivalry is gone now, due to the evolution of football. The AA athletic directors didn't decide to make it a rivalry, it just happened. HHS and CHS, CMR and GFH, etc will always be rivals.

This is a stay-in-your-lane-bro moment. The BSC staff needs to not worry itself with who's a rival. If they want to slot teams against each other every year, so be it, but they need to quit acting god-like.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:13 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm
Some stupid stuff here. Since when do leagues determine who has a rivalry? Rivalries take place naturally. Some are very old, others just got started.

Helena Capital and CMR birthed a rivalry a few decades ago simply from playing each other in the playoffs and state title games, but that rivalry is gone now, due to the evolution of football. The AA athletic directors didn't decide to make it a rivalry, it just happened. HHS and CHS, CMR and GFH, etc will always be rivals.

This is a stay-in-your-lane-bro moment. The BSC staff needs to not worry itself with who's a rival. If they want to slot teams against each other every year, so be it, but they need to quit acting god-like.
Did you read the article?
The conference didn’t take a “god-like” approach to this.
Every school put in two choices for rivals and they were guaranteed one of them. The second one likely came down to making sure there was mutual interest and it made sense.

I’m cool with EWU as our other rival. Thats a challenging game that should benefit the program year in and year out.
The griz getting PSU over Idaho or EWU is a joke though.

Man I hate the bigger conference in general though. I wish everyone was able to play each team in the conference every year and we wouldn’t be dealing with this bs to begin with.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:12 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:13 pm
TomCat88 wrote:

Every school put in two choices for rivals and they were guaranteed one of them. The second one likely came down to making sure there was mutual interest and it made sense.

I’m cool with EWU as our other rival. Thats a challenging game that should benefit the program year in and year out.

Man I hate the bigger conference in general though. I wish everyone was able to play each team in the conference every year and we wouldn’t be dealing with this bs to begin with.
I really hope that at least 2 of the California schools or 1 of them and UNC move to the WAC eventually. Even a 10 team conference where you only miss 1 team a year would be so much better. It'd be really easy to have 1 or 2 teams you play every year and you rotate through the other teams every year just like now.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:04 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

It’s still dumb. We have ONE rival. Always have, always will. Just because the conference tabs us to play some team 3 years in a row doesn’t magically make it a rivalry. They’re just a team we were scheduled to play three years in a row.

That said, I like that we play EWU. They’ve had our number bad over the last decade plus. We’re either going to gain a little ground on them or it’s going to get worse. Still doesn’t make it a rivalry.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:05 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Fair enough, it isn't entirely the conference's fault. The school's chipped in, too. Still, rivalries happen naturally and are not designated by any single person or group. Yes, playing EWU annually is great and MSU and EWU have had some great games. The league/schools should just quit calling the teams you're playing three straight years a rivalry. That isn't for them to decide. Call it something else.

The school administrators, conferences, NCAA have grown overbearing over the years IMO. They're all screaming for attention, meanwhile, the games themselves are becoming afterthoughts.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:17 am

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:05 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:

Fair enough, it isn't entirely the conference's fault. The school's chipped in, too. Still, rivalries happen naturally and are not designated by any single person or group. Yes, playing EWU annually is great and MSU and EWU have had some great games. The league/schools should just quit calling the teams you're playing three straight years a rivalry. That isn't for them to decide. Call it something else.

The school administrators, conferences, NCAA have grown overbearing over the years IMO. They're all screaming for attention, meanwhile, the games themselves are becoming afterthoughts.
Don't sweat it. As you MSU, um, and ewu regularly make the playoffs and are ALWAYS pitted against one another in the early rounds. So we still get to play em as rivals.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 am

The whole rivalry thing is for the Montana schools. Cat griz is the biggest game in the conference. That game also gets the conference the other tv stuff. The rest of it is just a scheduling thing.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:24 am

allcat wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 am
The whole rivalry thing is for the Montana schools. Cat griz is the biggest game in the conference. That game also gets the conference the other tv stuff. The rest of it is just a scheduling thing.
Ya, agree. As someone else said above, just don't call them "rivalry" games. Call them "preferred conference foe" games or something like that.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:09 pm

Former Bobcat

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:32 pm