Signing Day Part II thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: Signing Day Part II thread

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:59 am

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:54 am
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:30 am
btribby wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:32 am
For anyone that went to the signing day event. How was it? What was covered? Similar to years past where the staff gives an overview of each recruit?
including one story about a recent recruiting visit he made to Missoula.
Best story of the night! hahaha
I need this story!

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:08 am

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:49 am

I wasn't able to get back from Butte by 6. What's the story?

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:57 am

bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:59 am
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
btribby wrote:
For anyone that went to the signing day event. How was it? What was covered? Similar to years past where the staff gives an overview of each recruit?
I need this story!
Since the event was open to the public, I don't think there's any harm in sharing.

Choate is a great, not good...GREAT, storyteller so there's no way I can do it justice. The general idea is that he went to Missoula on a recruiting trip. Stopped at the pancake house for breakfast, saw a few grizzly players at the counter eating breakfast and picked up their tab.

He's a really good dude and I'm glad he's our coach.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:14 pm

He also mentioned that he haas no problem with his players going to Missoula and spending money, just make sure to wear their Bobcat gear and proudly represent the Blue and Gold.

A few tidbits; Charles Brown is now the fastest Bobcat. He proved it last Saturday during practice. Choate said he was happy the Cats signed Brown in December because he thought Charles would have been grabbed by an FBS program if the Cats hadn't signed him then. Choate is also really high on JT Reed. He said they really weren't looking for another offensive lineman, but Reed was on their list of players they would sign no matter what. He also had high praise for Olivo.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:21 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:14 pm
He also mentioned that he haas no problem with his players going to Missoula and spending money, just make sure to wear their Bobcat gear and proudly represent the Blue and Gold.

A few tidbits; Charles Brown is now the fastest Bobcat. He proved it last Saturday during practice. Choate said he was happy the Cats signed Brown in December because he thought Charles would have been grabbed by an FBS program if the Cats hadn't signed him then. Choate is also really high on JT Reed. He said they really weren't looking for another offensive lineman, but Reed was on their list of players they would sign no matter what. He also had high praise for Olivo.
Faster than TA?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:32 pm

catatac wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:21 pm
AFCAT wrote:

Faster than TA?
Yes.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:35 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:57 am
bobcat99 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:59 am
wbtfg wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
btribby wrote:
I need this story!
Since the event was open to the public, I don't think there's any harm in sharing.

Choate is a great, not good...GREAT, storyteller so there's no way I can do it justice. The general idea is that he went to Missoula on a recruiting trip. Stopped at the pancake house for breakfast, saw a few grizzly players at the counter eating breakfast and picked up their tab.

He's a really good dude and I'm glad he's our coach.
How can you not like Choate for doing that??!! I bet that pissed off a few egrizzers

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

superbobcat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by superbobcat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:43 pm

Players want to play for him

Fans want to cheer for him

Coaches want to Coach with him

Great leaders lead and that is what we are seeing and that is what we are getting.

I hope he ordered and sent a go bag back for Bobby.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:11 pm

AFCAT wrote:
btribby wrote:
Choate did talk about each recruit, told some funny stories, including one story about a recent recruiting visit he made to Missoula. Choate talked a bit about the future and he said that there is a defensive lineman transfer they have on the hook and are just waiting for him to clear through some bureaucratic processes before announcing his name.

Alex Singleton also talked a bit about his experience being a Bobcat, how special our fan base is, and the brotherhood he still experiences from his fellow players. Alex answered some questions too.
Is that defensive lineman they’re waiting on that John Clark that was mentioned before?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:24 pm

jgrilley406 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:11 pm
AFCAT wrote:
btribby wrote:
Choate did talk about each recruit, told some funny stories, including one story about a recent recruiting visit he made to Missoula. Choate talked a bit about the future and he said that there is a defensive lineman transfer they have on the hook and are just waiting for him to clear through some bureaucratic processes before announcing his name.

Alex Singleton also talked a bit about his experience being a Bobcat, how special our fan base is, and the brotherhood he still experiences from his fellow players. Alex answered some questions too.
Is that defensive lineman they’re waiting on that John Clark that was mentioned before?
I don't know who the D-lineman is, but I have my suspicions. I'm not going to add to all the speculation though.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:57 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:32 pm
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Faster than TA?
Yes.
I always thought TA was more fast for his size as opposed to elite fast on a national level. That is what we have been missing. We really need it on the defensive back end, don't know if we've answered that question this year or last through recruiting.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:59 pm

technoCat wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:57 pm
AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Faster than TA?
Yes.
I always thought TA was more fast for his size as opposed to elite fast on a national level. That is what we have been missing. We really need it on the defensive back end, don't know if we've answered that question this year or last through recruiting.
Shawn Johnson fast!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:05 pm

technoCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Faster than TA?
Yes.
TA has elite speed.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:14 pm

technoCat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Faster than TA?
Yes.
I always thought TA was more fast for his size as opposed to elite fast on a national level.
Why did you think that?

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Does anyone ever catch Troy from behind? No, because has elite straight line speed.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

coochorama42
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by coochorama42 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Troy won the 100 and 200 yard dash at state his senior year. He flat out books.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:59 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:19 pm
Does anyone ever catch Troy from behind? No, because has elite straight line speed.
Precisely. He is a burner.

Troy is a tall body with real long strides which I think makes his speed deceiving.

The fact that he's white probably has something to do with that perception too.... :-^

:wink:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:24 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:59 pm
CelticCat wrote:

Troy is a tall body with real long strides which I think makes his speed deceiving.

The fact that he's white probably has something to do with that perception too.... :-^

Scrappy

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:06 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:24 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:59 pm
CelticCat wrote:

Scrappy
Not to mention that there's always the "fast in gym shorts and a tank" fast, and "fast in cleats, pads and a helmet" fast. Dunno if it's physical, psychological, or a combination of the two, but it's a real thing. Apparently Troy can do both. And hurdle you. Or blow you up and run over you. He's a generational talent, the likes of whom we'll likely NEVER have the pleasure of watching again. Just hope he can stay healthy for his whole senior season.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl: