Cost Of Attendance proposal

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Cost Of Attendance proposal

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:45 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:19 pm
I’m curious how many posters here would pitch in for FCOA for all scholarship athletes in every MSU sport.

Football and both basketball programs, sure. Also, outside of the two D-1 basketball programs, no other MSU team has mandatory full-ride scholarships. How is FCOA distributed to all other sports?
If I'm pitching in for FCOA, I have absolutely zero issue if it gets distributed to every MSU athlete who is eligible to get it. FCOA is designed to help ease the financial burden of being a student athlete, and plenty of other student athletes spend just as much of their own time and energy devoted to their sport as the big 3 sport athletes do.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:02 pm

PapaG wrote:
I’m curious how many posters here would pitch in for FCOA for all scholarship athletes in every MSU sport.

Football and both basketball programs, sure. Also, outside of the two D-1 basketball programs, no other MSU team has mandatory full-ride scholarships. How is FCOA distributed to all other sports?
Volleyball and Women's Tennis are also "head count" sports. http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

CelticCat wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:45 pm
If I'm pitching in for FCOA, I have absolutely zero issue if it gets distributed to every MSU athlete who is eligible to get it. FCOA is designed to help ease the financial burden of being a student athlete, and plenty of other student athletes spend just as much of their own time and energy devoted to their sport as the big 3 sport athletes do.
:yes:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:28 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:31 am
This thread sets a new record for men trying desperately to cover up their own insecurities by diminishing the accomplishments of female athletes.
That is awesome 👏
=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:21 pm

AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I donate to just about everything at MSU; cheer squad, track and field, football, scholarship fund, facilities plan, free playoff tickets, QB Club, etc. I’ll donate to FCOA regardless of who it goes to.

Here is a good link to use if anyone would like to donate.

https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/form1.aspx ... &pgid=1356
You didn’t answer my question, but that’s OK.

Do you understand how much more a year it would cost to offer all scholarship athletes FCOA? I doubt you fund even one full football scholarship like many major boosters do. I’m not one of those boosters.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:00 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:21 pm
AFCAT wrote:
PapaG wrote:

I donate to just about everything at MSU; cheer squad, track and field, football, scholarship fund, facilities plan, free playoff tickets, QB Club, etc. I’ll donate to FCOA regardless of who it goes to.

Here is a good link to use if anyone would like to donate.

https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/form1.aspx ... &pgid=1356
You didn’t answer my question, but that’s OK.

Do you understand how much more a year it would cost to offer all scholarship athletes FCOA? I doubt you fund even one full football scholarship like many major boosters do. I’m not one of those boosters.
Even though you didn’t have a question mark on your first question, I did answer it. Yes, I would donate. I don’t know the answer to your second question.

You don’t know how much I donate every year, but it is a significant amount.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 am

CelticCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:

That’s reasonable but what if we could only afford FCOA for the big 3? Would you prefer to not offer it to anyone in the name of fairness or would you like to see us attempt to level the playing field with the likes of NDSU as much as possible?

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:47 am

PapaG wrote:

Directly proportional to the scholarship level. A half-ride gets 50% of FCOA.

77matcat
Member # Retired

Post by 77matcat » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:56 am

One thing is for sure.

Leon will have an interesting time wrestling with this one.

😂🤣😂

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:07 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:47 am
PapaG wrote:

Nailed it.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:21 am

utucats wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:39 am
CelticCat wrote:
PapaG wrote:

That’s reasonable but what if we could only afford FCOA for the big 3? Would you prefer to not offer it to anyone in the name of fairness or would you like to see us attempt to level the playing field with the likes of NDSU as much as possible?
I'd prefer not to offer to anyone in that scenario because those are the rules (as I understand them). And I don't consider myself informed enough to know whether I agree or disagree with the rules. I just know it's a slippery slope once you start picking and choosing which sports get extra support and treatment.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:01 pm

PapaG wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:21 pm
ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:14 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:59 pm
In itself, men and women competing separately does not diminish the womens' accomplishments any more than it diminishes the accomplishments of high school athletes by having them complete separately from pro and college leagues. Here's what does diminish their accomplishments. Whenever someone brings up how great Serena Williams is, some men for whatever reason feel the need to say "But she'd lose badly to Roger Federer!". Whenever someone brings up the dominance of the U.S. women's soccer team, some dudes who must have it bookmarked immediately post the link about them losing a scrimmage to a U-15 boys team. Tell me why is that necessary when we could just celebrate their successes, or alternatively just ignore them if we're not interested in the sport?
Well I agree with that. Some people are just asshats. There will ALWAYS be a few select men that have nothing else to do but diminish the accomplishments of women. I don't think that was happening on this thread.

I will point out that this goes both ways as well though. When we have a woman who is just dominant in her sport, I've seen fans compare her to men in the same sport and proclaim they would beat the men. As a matter of fact, I remember a lot of talk about Ronda Roussy getting in the ring with Mayweather when she was dominating. Without trying to diminish her accomplishments, that would have been an absolute blood bath but there's no way it ever would have happened anyway.

The point is people make these comparisons because there IS a difference between men and women. And the comparisons often go both ways.
Are you also accusing me of “diminishing” the accomplishments of female athletes? MSU01 is making a lot of unfounded accusations yet seems hesitant to back up his smears toward me and a few others.
Um, what the hell are you talking about? I don't think I said anything close to that; nor did I say anything about you. I'll go a step farther and say I'm not even sure I read anything you wrote. However, I will now so I can see how my post in anyway would be construed as something directed towards you. :lol:

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:18 am

rivercat wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:07 am
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:47 am
PapaG wrote:

Nailed it.
I thought so but I had to look it up. D-I women’s volleyball has mandatory full scholarships, also.
Women's volleyball is a head count sport in NCAA DI only, which means all scholarships in NCAA DI are full scholarships.