NEW OC NAMES?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 567
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

NEW OC NAMES?

Post by superbobcat » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Any names being thrown around as OC Candidates? Time frame for filling the position?



User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9970
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:39 am

Dennis Erickson, Bush Hamdan, there was one other I think but the name is escaping me.

I imagine it will be pretty quickly, wouldn't be surprised if we know something this week, if not next at the latest.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

User avatar
Bozcat003
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1894
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by Bozcat003 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:43 am

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:39 am
Dennis Erickson, Bush Hamdan, there was one other I think but the name is escaping me.

I imagine it will be pretty quickly, wouldn't be surprised if we know something this week, if not next at the latest.
I'd be thrilled with Bush Hamdan, I believe he was Choate's first choice at OC when he first arrived.



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9101
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:50 am

Bozcat003 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:43 am
CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:39 am
Dennis Erickson, Bush Hamdan, there was one other I think but the name is escaping me.

I imagine it will be pretty quickly, wouldn't be surprised if we know something this week, if not next at the latest.
I'd be thrilled with Bush Hamdan, I believe he was Choate's first choice at OC when he first arrived.
Hamdan got hired by Missouri.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9970
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by CelticCat » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:51 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:50 am
Bozcat003 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:43 am
CelticCat wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:39 am
Dennis Erickson, Bush Hamdan, there was one other I think but the name is escaping me.

I imagine it will be pretty quickly, wouldn't be surprised if we know something this week, if not next at the latest.
I'd be thrilled with Bush Hamdan, I believe he was Choate's first choice at OC when he first arrived.
Hamdan got hired by Missouri.
He did, but I'm just going by what Colter said on his show which was last week, after he was hired. He wouldn't be the first guy to take a job and then leave within a month.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9101
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by Hawks86 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 am

New offensive assistant Bush Hamdan agreed to a two-year deal with an initial salary of $400,000 ($300,000 base plus $100,000), but if he's still on staff on March, 1, 2021, his non-salary compensation increases to $250,000, putting his full salary to $550,000. He made $750,000 last year as Washington’s offensive coordinator.
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college ... user-share


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
Helcat72
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3620
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Helena

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by Helcat72 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:33 am

Oh yea....I'm sure he'll take the job seriously!


2019...Bobcats kicking booty

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4000
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by MSU01 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:06 pm

I'd add DeNarius McGhee as the most likely candidate if Choate decides to promote from his existing staff instead of hiring from outside.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9735
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by wbtfg » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:06 pm
I'd add DeNarius McGhee as the most likely candidate if Choate decides to promote from his existing staff instead of hiring from outside.
I don’t see DMac as an OC anytime soon.



User avatar
GoCats18
Member # Retired
Posts: 2482
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:06 pm
Location: MT

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by GoCats18 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:31 pm

How in the world has nobody brought up Bob Stitt yet.....haha!!


Punters are people too!!

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4000
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by MSU01 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:04 am

wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:06 pm
I'd add DeNarius McGhee as the most likely candidate if Choate decides to promote from his existing staff instead of hiring from outside.
I don’t see DMac as an OC anytime soon.
He may or may not be ready to make that jump, but I thought that if we're going to throw out names like Dennis Erickson as potential new OCs that he should at least be mentioned in a thread of candidates. That said, my guess is that the new OC will be someone that none of us have ever heard of at the current time.


Go Bobcats! 24-17 31-23 29-25 48-14

User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2520
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:52 am

MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:04 am
wbtfg wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm
MSU01 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:06 pm
I'd add DeNarius McGhee as the most likely candidate if Choate decides to promote from his existing staff instead of hiring from outside.
I don’t see DMac as an OC anytime soon.
He may or may not be ready to make that jump, but I thought that if we're going to throw out names like Dennis Erickson as potential new OCs that he should at least be mentioned in a thread of candidates. That said, my guess is that the new OC will be someone that none of us have ever heard of at the current time.
Unless Colter counts as one of us. One assumes that he knows the names of the major candidates.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Team10
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 am

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by Team10 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:51 pm

Gonna go out on a limb here and say DM the ant gonna be the OC...



kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1680
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:44 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by kcatz » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Team10 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:51 pm
Gonna go out on a limb here and say DM the ant gonna be the OC...
You have some sort of crystal ball??

😜



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7371
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:23 pm

Choate looking at last year's offensive coaching staff...

Image


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

imacat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 792
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:23 am

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by imacat » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 pm

I would be fine with DM as OC. His resume is stronger than MM was when he took over. DM has experience reading defenses and running an offense as a player. From what I observed he excelled at it.

Edit ... Just heard the Texans news. CONGRATULATIONS DeNarius. Tremendous opportunity. You will be greatly missed.
Last edited by imacat on Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.



AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2650
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:23 pm
Choate looking at last year's offensive coaching staff...

Image
What do you think about Jonathan Amosa getting the RB coach job?


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7371
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:05 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:23 pm
Choate looking at last year's offensive coaching staff...

Image
What do you think about Jonathan Amosa getting the RB coach job?
Could work. I also heard we aren't retaining Erik Frazier and Nate Potter is a rumored candidate on the assistant coach market in the Mountain West market as well. Only holdover from the offensive coaching staff may be Brian Armstrong.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2650
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:05 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:23 pm
Choate looking at last year's offensive coaching staff...

Image
What do you think about Jonathan Amosa getting the RB coach job?
Could work. I also heard we aren't retaining Erik Frazier and Nate Potter is a rumored candidate on the assistant coach market in the Mountain West market as well. Only holdover from the offensive coaching staff may be Brian Armstrong.
Oof! Is Frazier just moving on? I thought he did a good job.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

User avatar
RobertCats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1659
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: NEW OC NAMES?

Post by RobertCats » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:52 pm



Some of the players started following this coach on Twitter. Bio says Montana State Offensive assistant. Think this is more of an intern hire than full time coordinator



Post Reply