Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

thefrank1
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:37 pm

Incentive for him to stay with us.


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Long Time Cat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 am
Location: North Idaho

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:50 am

A serious question. Where is the visitors locker room? I don't see it in the plans. What am I missing?


"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9535
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:50 am
A serious question. Where is the visitors locker room? I don't see it in the plans. What am I missing?
It's underneath the SEZ.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7576
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:08 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:50 am
A serious question. Where is the visitors locker room? I don't see it in the plans. What am I missing?
It's underneath the SEZ.
Has been since they built the south end zone. The come out right under part of the student section.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Long Time Cat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 988
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 am
Location: North Idaho

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 am

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:08 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:50 am
A serious question. Where is the visitors locker room? I don't see it in the plans. What am I missing?
It's underneath the SEZ.
Has been since they built the south end zone. The come out right under part of the student section.
#-o I should have realized that. I have sat in the student section with my son and watched them come out right underneath us. I think the saying is "you should be able to put 2 and 2 together and get 4." :oops:
Thanks for helping me out.


"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:42 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:08 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:50 am
A serious question. Where is the visitors locker room? I don't see it in the plans. What am I missing?
It's underneath the SEZ.
Has been since they built the south end zone. The come out right under part of the student section.
#-o I should have realized that. I have sat in the student section with my son and watched them come out right underneath us. I think the saying is "you should be able to put 2 and 2 together and get 4." :oops:
Thanks for helping me out.
It took me two years to realize that “Finish The Grind” was a kinder form of FTG or F@$# the griz.

Image


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6024
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:51 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:42 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:08 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:50 am
A serious question. Where is the visitors locker room? I don't see it in the plans. What am I missing?
It's underneath the SEZ.
Has been since they built the south end zone. The come out right under part of the student section.
#-o I should have realized that. I have sat in the student section with my son and watched them come out right underneath us. I think the saying is "you should be able to put 2 and 2 together and get 4." :oops:
Thanks for helping me out.
It took me two years to realize that “Finish The Grind” was a kinder form of FTG or F@$# the griz.

Image
:lol:


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

gtapp
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4189
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by gtapp » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:57 am

When looking at the construction via the web cam, the left side/upper level has no structure (steel) to support a roof. Why is that?


Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6102
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by iaafan » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:11 pm

gtapp wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:57 am
When looking at the construction via the web cam, the left side/upper level has no structure (steel) to support a roof. Why is that?
Your check bounced.



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:36 pm

gtapp wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:57 am
When looking at the construction via the web cam, the left side/upper level has no structure (steel) to support a roof. Why is that?

Norcal Cat wrote in an earlier post: The steel columns west of the stairs are there to support the tall parapet that wraps around and conceals some of the rooftop HVAC units.

Image


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Laurel, Montana

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by stevo » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:18 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:36 pm
gtapp wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:57 am
When looking at the construction via the web cam, the left side/upper level has no structure (steel) to support a roof. Why is that?

Norcal Cat wrote in an earlier post: The steel columns west of the stairs are there to support the tall parapet that wraps around and conceals some of the rooftop HVAC units.

Image
I think the area he is talking about is just above the stairs and to the right as you view it from the camera. There is no cross members in this roof area yet to hold up the corrugated steel sheeting that supports the roof. I don't know if they need this opening to crane some items into the building? It will be interesting to see how the roof gets constructed as to can it hold spectators?

http://stadium.kusm.montana.edu/



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:26 am

Here is my 100 days of construction video. I include Fridays (non-holiday) as construction days even though they work very little, if at all, on Fridays. I'll keep updating this as the construction process moves along.



Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Laurel, Montana

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by stevo » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:57 am

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:26 am
Here is my 100 days of construction video. I include Fridays (non-holiday) as construction days even though they work very little, if at all, on Fridays. I'll keep updating this as the construction process moves along.

Very nice. Thanks for putting this together.



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6102
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by iaafan » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:00 pm

Very, very cool!! Thanks stevo!!



FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by FTG247365 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:33 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:26 am
Here is my 100 days of construction video. I include Fridays (non-holiday) as construction days even though they work very little, if at all, on Fridays. I'll keep updating this as the construction process moves along.

Awesome watching the progress like this, can't wait till next fall.

Is it me or do those goal posts look like they are leaning/tipped towards the field?



User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4872
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by RickRund » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:29 pm

VERY good stuff..



stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Laurel, Montana

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by stevo » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:38 pm

iaafan wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:00 pm
Very, very cool!! Thanks stevo!!
As much as i want to take credit i can't. [-X
Thanks AFCAT



kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1643
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by kwcat » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:07 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:42 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:08 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 am
Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:50 am
A serious question. Where is the visitors locker room? I don't see it in the plans. What am I missing?
For
The
Good
🤓

It's underneath the SEZ.
Has been since they built the south end zone. The come out right under part of the student section.
#-o I should have realized that. I have sat in the student section with my son and watched them come out right underneath us. I think the saying is "you should be able to put 2 and 2 together and get 4." :oops:
Thanks for helping me out.
It took me two years to realize that “Finish The Grind” was a kinder form of FTG or F@$# the griz.

Image



PHAT CAT
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 936
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:04 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by PHAT CAT » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:39 pm

OHSA must be in town. Cams down.



AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3438
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:54 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:39 pm
OHSA must be in town. Cams down.
Nope, it's been working fine all day. Looks like the poured some concrete on the weight room side. They are working late tonight.


Help the Cats! Join the quarterback club!!
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
406-994-2092

Post Reply