Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by technoCat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am

iaafan wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:57 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:20 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:08 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:20 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:57 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:34 am
gtapp wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:29 pm
So ground breaking was supposed to occur last week. Has work started?
Again, I would expect a minimum 30-60 day delay before work begins. No Easter start ups or earlier. If I'm honest I would be surprised if it starts before June1. Just my 2 cents.
What’s your rationale? Coronavirus? I see no reason why that would effect the early steps of this construction Project. Site prep should allow workers to keep their spacing. I see construction jobs with multiple workers. Plus, I haven’t seen anything from MSU stating there’s a delay. MSU typically gets that out.

Yes, CV-19 is my rationale and the chart below gives perspective. Watch the last month rise in the U.S. and imagine another 30 day rise. Even MSU will be dealing with the ramifications of further shut downs. I would like to believe all will be well for construction to start, but I am skeptical. Also, I am dealing with this very issue while trying to build in Europe and I'm shut down currently as well.

Here's one showing China data as well...

Alright I don't want to get political here, but do you think it just disappeared in China? If so, why aren't they helping the rest of the world figure out their magic formula for making it go away suddenly? I'm not sticking up for our leadership because we were about two months late taking this thing seriously, but China has lied about this thing from day one, so I don't buy the fact that it's basically gone there.
Read March 24 article in Business Insider. I wouldn’t put it past the Chinese government to fudge their numbers, but I tend to think it’s under control there due to the culture.

It’s not a big secret how China got it under control. It’s a very strict government and the people are accustomed to that and to the threat of viruses. Americans would freak out if we did some of things they did, like punishing people who don’t disclose their travel history.
Yeah anyone touting China's numbers to make a point is being ignorant or has a very biased agenda, or both. China may be able to lock up their citizens to a point far surpassing anything that would be tolerated in the US but they also have far more risk factors. Probably half their population lives in urban densities similar to NYU. Their cities top the global pollution indexes, their people smoke like chimneys, and they are not very clean when it comes to leaving their saliva samples all over the place. Trump probably reacted a month too late but given the media's cries of "racist!" for closing down travel, the impeachment, and the false data coming from China, I think he has actually been pretty proactive. Given the fact that he is a "businessman" president and has willingly shut down the economy, he's taken this pretty seriously.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:08 am

As for construction, I wonder if the weather has an impact. Don't want to end up with a big mud pit. Would be nice if this snow would go away for the year.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:11 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:06 am
So I wonder where/how they will relocate the corporate tailgate spots?. Across Kagy into the practice field?
Trying with futility to get this back on a positive note. :wink: :wink:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:14 am

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:11 am
WalkOn79 wrote:
So I wonder where/how they will relocate the corporate tailgate spots?. Across Kagy into the practice field?
Trying with futility to get this back on a positive note. :wink: :wink:
We reserve a spot every year for Ag Appreciation that is definitely in the construction zone. As is Stenerud Circle.

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:57 am

technoCat wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:08 am
As for construction, I wonder if the weather has an impact. Don't want to end up with a big mud pit. Would be nice if this snow would go away for the year.
Oh, I think the weather, though maybe unpleasant with snow and water and mud wouldn't be holding up the project. I do think there are other realities at play here.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:40 pm

technoCat wrote:
iaafan wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:57 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:20 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:08 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:20 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:57 am
catsrback76 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:34 am
gtapp wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:29 pm
So ground breaking was supposed to occur last week. Has work started?
Again, I would expect a minimum 30-60 day delay before work begins. No Easter start ups or earlier. If I'm honest I would be surprised if it starts before June1. Just my 2 cents.
What’s your rationale? Coronavirus? I see no reason why that would effect the early steps of this construction Project. Site prep should allow workers to keep their spacing. I see construction jobs with multiple workers. Plus, I haven’t seen anything from MSU stating there’s a delay. MSU typically gets that out.

Yes, CV-19 is my rationale and the chart below gives perspective. Watch the last month rise in the U.S. and imagine another 30 day rise. Even MSU will be dealing with the ramifications of further shut downs. I would like to believe all will be well for construction to start, but I am skeptical. Also, I am dealing with this very issue while trying to build in Europe and I'm shut down currently as well.

Here's one showing China data as well...

Alright I don't want to get political here, but do you think it just disappeared in China? If so, why aren't they helping the rest of the world figure out their magic formula for making it go away suddenly? I'm not sticking up for our leadership because we were about two months late taking this thing seriously, but China has lied about this thing from day one, so I don't buy the fact that it's basically gone there.
Read March 24 article in Business Insider. I wouldn’t put it past the Chinese government to fudge their numbers, but I tend to think it’s under control there due to the culture.

It’s not a big secret how China got it under control. It’s a very strict government and the people are accustomed to that and to the threat of viruses. Americans would freak out if we did some of things they did, like punishing people who don’t disclose their travel history.
Yeah anyone touting China's numbers to make a point is being ignorant or has a very biased agenda, or both. China may be able to lock up their citizens to a point far surpassing anything that would be tolerated in the US but they also have far more risk factors. Probably half their population lives in urban densities similar to NYU. Their cities top the global pollution indexes, their people smoke like chimneys, and they are not very clean when it comes to leaving their saliva samples all over the place. Trump probably reacted a month too late but given the media's cries of "racist!" for closing down travel, the impeachment, and the false data coming from China, I think he has actually been pretty proactive. Given the fact that he is a "businessman" president and has willingly shut down the economy, he's taken this pretty seriously.
China's number are artificially low. China requires everyone there to own a cell phone. There are an additional 20,000 cell phones not accounted for as of a few days ago. Draw your own conclusions.

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:44 pm

some one should do an updated story. :-^ :-^ COLTER??
Maybe he is too busy covering other sports stories. :lol:

GoCats18

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:52 pm

Are we going to keep talking about China or construction in this thread? Can’t you guys go to the Bobcat Connections.

Punters are people too!!

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:54 am

stevo wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:44 pm
Agree it would be good to see a story on this....when will construction start/stop...what's the impact to the program...any new design drawings etc...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:54 am
stevo wrote:
Agree it would be good to see a story on this....when will construction start/stop...what's the impact to the program...any new design drawings etc...
Or a story on Elijah Elliott. MSU hasn’t said anything about his signing yet.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:09 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
stevo wrote:
Or another interview with the AD about how this has affected construction and spring sports as well as preparing for fall sports.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 am

I'm sure it was posted before, but if anyone really wants to dig into the thousands of pages of manuals and plans, have at it.
https://www.msuaf.org/s/1584/index.aspx ... &pgid=4408

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:27 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:09 am
iaafan wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
stevo wrote:
Or another interview with the AD about how this has affected construction and spring sports as well as preparing for fall sports.
Rachac story: “... Costello said construction was originally set to begin sometime in the early part of April, but added that he still hopes to have shovels in the ground by the end of this month.”

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:43 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:27 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:09 am
iaafan wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
stevo wrote:
Rachac story: “... Costello said construction was originally set to begin sometime in the early part of April, but added that he still hopes to have shovels in the ground by the end of this month.”
Here is a link.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:02 am

With COVID-19 cases exploding in Gallatin County (up 6 cases from 4-1 to 4-2 total of 85), I really don't think construction is going to start this spring.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:28 am

The Butcher wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:02 am
With COVID-19 cases exploding in Gallatin County (up 6 cases from 4-1 to 4-2 total of 85), I really don't think construction is going to start this spring.
I could see a delay later (when workers need to be within close proximity to each other) if coronavirus is still prominent, but not in the early stages. Not as much human interaction early on.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:06 pm

iaafan wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:28 am
The Butcher wrote:
I could see a delay later (when workers need to be within close proximity to each other) if coronavirus is still prominent, but not in the early stages. Not as much human interaction early on.
I agree. That would be really weird to me. We have construction and road repair going on all over town. Liquor stores, grocery stores, Target, Costco, fast food places etc. are still busy every day. You think these would be forced to go far before construction.

We have about 80 cases currently, and none have been hospitalized so far. Not one. The cases will go up obviously, but I'd hope it wouldn't have such an impact on this project or the many others around town.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:39 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:06 pm
iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
I agree. That would be really weird to me. We have construction and road repair going on all over town. Liquor stores, grocery stores, Target, Costco, fast food places etc. are still busy every day. You think these would be forced to go far before construction.

We have about 80 cases currently, and none have been hospitalized so far. Not one. The cases will go up obviously, but I'd hope it wouldn't have such an impact on this project or the many others around town.
I'm holding to my original date of June-ish....but would love to see significant work start this month. There could be a little dirt moving happen to start the process, but I'm still thinking this thing has not come close to peaking and no one wants to be the one who somehow is responsible for people getting nailed by it...much less a state institution like MSU!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:53 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:39 am
ilovethecats wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:06 pm
iaafan wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

I'm holding to my original date of June-ish....but would love to see significant work start this month. There could be a little dirt moving happen to start the process, but I'm still thinking this thing has not come close to peaking and no one wants to be the one who somehow is responsible for people getting nailed by it...much less a state institution like MSU!
I don't disagree you don't want to be the one responsible for people getting sick.

According to covid19.healthdata.org (which is a great site for all this info) our expected peak in the state is the end of this month. What that means for businesses in this state is obviously anyones guess. Personally I'd like to see us opening back up sooner rather than later but that is just my opinion. We all have very different ideas on how we should go about life during this pandemic.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:07 am

Here is a link to the Chronicle story about one Bozeman woman’s battle with COVID-19 (and seemingly with medical providers) to get tested and then to recover. She was hospitalized about 10 days ago.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ ... a88be.html