Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by stevo » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Looking at the camera today. they are installing something along the edge of the field and the building. Most likey Drainage , but it got me thinking if they are going to put up any kind of a barrier down on that end of the field between the field surface and the people that i am sure are going to be standing down there.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:23 pm

stevo wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:53 pm
Looking at the camera today. they are installing something along the edge of the field and the building. Most likey Drainage , but it got me thinking if they are going to put up any kind of a barrier down on that end of the field between the field surface and the people that i am sure are going to be standing down there.
They spent a lot of time repairing that end of the field in the Spring for drainage purposes so not sure what more needed to be done. Maybe they are preparing for the future (stands).

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm

gtapp wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:23 pm
stevo wrote:
They spent a lot of time repairing that end of the field in the Spring for drainage purposes so not sure what more needed to be done. Maybe they are preparing for the future (stands).
They might be pouring a footing for the short wall (more like a tall curb really) that will be there. According to the renderings, the floor level of the BAC is a foot or two higher than the field and there will be a gradual ramp down in the middle with a step down the rest of the width of the field. See page 43 of this thread for some renderings.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:51 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm
gtapp wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:23 pm
stevo wrote:
They might be pouring a footing for the short wall (more like a tall curb really) that will be there. According to the renderings, the floor level of the BAC is a foot or two higher than the field and there will be a gradual ramp down in the middle with a step down the rest of the width of the field. See page 43 of this thread for some renderings.
They were also working on some fiberoptic cables near the end zone area today. I'll post some pics in a few minutes. Apparently, they ran the cables all the way underground to the library.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:26 pm

I went up to Bozeman to check out the BAC construction today. I talked with the Alumni foundation folks and they told me they have about two more months of construction left. They are moving furniture into parts of the building and the lockers are going in or have gone in.

Here are some pictures that I took.

Romney Hall

I took this pic because all the pavement was torn up in that area.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:01 pm

It doesn't seem nearly as large as I thought it would in that last picture from the field.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:41 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:01 pm
It doesn't seem nearly as large as I thought it would in that last picture from the field.
Deceptive photo. It’s a big building. Not so much vertically. Huge footprint though.

I like and appreciate the pictures, but they don’t do it justice.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:26 pm

I took the last photo because I was going to overlay a Sonny Holland end zone student seating photo onto it to give an idea what a future seating expansion might look like, so I purposely didn’t frame it well. The BAC project is huge. I’ve toured the facility and no picture could really give you a good idea of its size.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:34 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:26 pm
I took the last photo because I was going to overlay a Sonny Holland end zone student seating photo onto it to give an idea what a future seating expansion might look like, so I purposely didn’t frame it well. The BAC project is huge. I’ve toured the facility and no picture could really give you a good idea of its size.

I like that idea!
I have driven by when I've been in town a couple towns and it definitely looks huge. Haven't got out to take a good look. Really excitd for Gold Rush and the finished (or mostly finished) product.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:56 pm

AFCAT wrote:

Hey, I said I like and appreciate the photos. Just 'splainin' why that one doesn't look big. :rofl:

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:45 am

Thanks for the pics AFCAT

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:55 am

Yes, really hoping we can make Gold Rush. Really want to see the BAC up close. And THANK YOU for the pictures

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

RICO CAT
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by RICO CAT » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:03 pm

Awesome pictures AFCAT! Thanks for taking us there. Always enjoy the material you post.

“OVER THEM MOUNTAINS”

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:45 pm

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I do appreciate you taking the time to take them and post them. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:45 pm

AFCAT wrote:

Thanks for the pics AFCAT!
I agree that the picture doesn't do the size justice. From the end zone seats it really does feel more "bowled in".

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:50 pm

@BleedingBLue I've also felt like its a little underwhelming when driving by a couple times. I bet you have to get inside or at least right next to it to really get the scope.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 am

As of today, I have 250 screen shots of BAC construction days. Since there hasn't been a lot of change since the 200 day video, I'm just going to wait until construction is completed in September before posting another video.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:15 am

Grand opening is September 11…Gold Rush game.

toM StUber

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:49 am

According to the renderings there will be a large CAT Head to the left of the windows facing the stadium. Something needs to go there to add some color and style to the building. Anyone know what the plans are? Was the CAT Head just for the rendering or will that be a real addition?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:05 am

gtapp wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:49 am
According to the renderings there will be a large CAT Head to the left of the windows facing the stadium. Something needs to go there to add some color and style to the building. Anyone know what the plans are? Was the CAT Head just for the rendering or will that be a real addition?
If you look closely, you can see what looks to be some sort of a cut out on the side of the building for the emblem. I'm guessing the emblem will be secured at multiple points, so I think the cut out is for electricity to light up the emblem.