Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 19, 2021 8:07 am

gtapp wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:59 am
I leave the camera up all day and check on it every couple of hours like something major is going to happen. They were moving some dirt around yesterday and I was like; OMG what are they doing? Not sure what I will do when it is all done.
That’s funny. I do the same thing. With very few sports to watch and covid restrictions, this has become my entertainment.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 19, 2021 8:10 am

Other than AFCAT's timelapse video, this view is basically worthless to what is going on right now.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 19, 2021 9:43 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:10 am
Other than AFCAT's timelapse video, this view is basically worthless to what is going on right now.
C’mon, it looks like they are getting ready to lay down asphalt. That’s exciting. Just above watching paint dry.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:01 am

gtapp wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 7:59 am
I leave the camera up all day and check on it every couple of hours like something major is going to happen. They were moving some dirt around yesterday and I was like; OMG what are they doing? Not sure what I will do when it is all done.
Same

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:17 am

Windows have arrived on site.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 20, 2021 9:30 am

fsburr1 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:17 am
I’m not a construction guy, but if you had told me at the start of this project that it would be over a year before windows would be installed, I wouldn’t have believed it.

fsburr1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by fsburr1 » Fri May 21, 2021 11:09 am

Covid has definitely messed things up. There is also a looming resin shortage that may affect the arrival of the plunge pools, due later this month I've been told. As projects go, this is certainly a complicated building.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:14 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:30 am
fsburr1 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:17 am
I’m not a construction guy, but if you had told me at the start of this project that it would be over a year before windows would be installed, I wouldn’t have believed it.
It’s been very difficult to get any sort of supplies. For some reason, when factories shut down, we run out of things faster.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Fri May 21, 2021 3:41 pm

fsburr1 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 11:09 am
Covid has definitely messed things up. There is also a looming resin shortage that may affect the arrival of the plunge pools, due later this month I've been told. As projects go, this is certainly a complicated building.
Covid is only part of the story. A bigger part is the idiot politicians in Texas that let the power go out when it got to 15 degrees.

Rumor locally is that the plumbing supply houses are buying PVC from Home Depot & Lowes because their supply chains are broken. Also, the lumberyards are putting limits on buying 12/3 Romex wire. But the Texas plants have all been mostly unaffected by Covid. Its almost entirely a failure of the politicians to plan for winter.

https://www.plasticsmachinerymanufactur ... to-recover

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri May 21, 2021 4:04 pm

onceacat wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:41 pm
fsburr1 wrote:
Covid is only part of the story. A bigger part is the idiot politicians in Texas that let the power go out when it got to 15 degrees.

Rumor locally is that the plumbing supply houses are buying PVC from Home Depot & Lowes because their supply chains are broken. Also, the lumberyards are putting limits on buying 12/3 Romex wire. But the Texas plants have all been mostly unaffected by Covid. Its almost entirely a failure of the politicians to plan for winter.

Sounds like someone whining about power outages damaging his equipment but didn't have the proper plant operating procedures in place to handle the situation. PPP on your part is no excuse.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Fri May 21, 2021 9:08 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:04 pm
onceacat wrote:
fsburr1 wrote:

Sounds like someone whining about power outages damaging his equipment but didn't have the proper plant operating procedures in place to handle the situation. PPP on your part is no excuse.
Fine, whatever. But it ain't covid. Texas hasn't shut anything down for Covid in at least a year.

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat May 22, 2021 6:19 am

onceacat wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:08 pm
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
fsburr1 wrote:

Fine, whatever. But it ain't covid. Texas hasn't shut anything down for Covid in at least a year.
Once the windows are in, you'll see ( likely hear) that a ton of work can begin in earnest inside the building. This is a good and important piece to the construction puzzle to get put in!

St George

Post by St George » Sat May 22, 2021 11:47 am

Here in Southern Idaho, OSB that used to be $10 a sheet for 7/16 is now $50. Concrete contractors have been placed on allotment. They were placing concrete 5 to 6 days a week are now down to 3. No end in site.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat May 22, 2021 5:09 pm

St George wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:47 am
Here in Southern Idaho, OSB that used to be $10 a sheet for 7/16 is now $50. Concrete contractors have been placed on allotment. They were placing concrete 5 to 6 days a week are now down to 3. No end in site.
In Bozeman, only one of the 2 lumber yards even has 3/4 OSB in stock. It’s up $20/sheet in the last 3 weeks to $85. It’s $120/sheet over the hill in Butte.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sat May 22, 2021 5:13 pm

St George wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:47 am
There was a video on our local Neighborhood app of a guy stealing A LOT of OSB and dimensional lumber from a building site at Hauser Lake. They have night video of him, his truck and they have tire impressions. Hopefully his rotten @#$ is caught...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue May 25, 2021 7:37 pm

catsrback76 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:19 am
onceacat wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 9:08 pm
Montanabob wrote:
onceacat wrote:
fsburr1 wrote:

Once the windows are in, you'll see ( likely hear) that a ton of work can begin in earnest inside the building. This is a good and important piece to the construction puzzle to get put in!
14 months after the groundbreaking and we've hit 50% completion!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri May 28, 2021 8:55 am

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri May 28, 2021 8:56 am

I just doesn't seam like they have got much done since the spring game.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:37 am

Every time I built a new home I had that same feeling and never was my move in date pushed back.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri May 28, 2021 10:12 am

That walkthrough video is awesome. There is a lot of work left to go on it but I'm not going to stress about if it gets done on time. What I do stress about is how the roof edges lift up in the wind.
When looking at the stadium camera I've sometimes noticed a tall crane across campus visible behind the left side of the field house.
Does anyone know what is being built back there?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!