Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:39 am

kmax wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:18 am
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:48 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:55 pm
Are they still on pace to finish before Gold Rush?
A person at the Alumni foundation told me a few months back that the construction was ahead of schedule. I can’t see why that wouldn’t still be true.
Would be surprised if that wasn't the case. No football that they had to work around in the fall (or spring). Other than the snowstorm in October and a fairly tough February I don't think you could have gotten a better winter to do construction in Bozeman.
And it's still over 5 months away. We've been in one of those phases of construction where it looks like not much is happening, but there's a lot going on. And the rest of the project will be pretty fun to watch because it's stuff that has more visible (and quick) progress like windows and drywall.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:08 pm

kmax wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
A person at the Alumni foundation told me a few months back that the construction was ahead of schedule. I can’t see why that wouldn’t still be true.
Would be surprised if that wasn't the case. No football that they had to work around in the fall (or spring). Other than the snowstorm in October and a fairly tough February I don't think you could have gotten a better winter to do construction in Bozeman.
True. But simple supplies are hard to find right now. Wood and metal are taking awhile to order in. Things like windows and doors are three to five months out from time of order. I guess I would be surprised if this finished on time due to the lack of availability of product. Hopefully Im wrong.

Hating the griz since 02.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:33 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:08 pm
kmax wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
True. But simple supplies are hard to find right now. Wood and metal are taking awhile to order in. Things like windows and doors are three to five months out from time of order. I guess I would be surprised if this finished on time due to the lack of availability of product. Hopefully Im wrong.
Hard to find and expensive as a result. 7/16 OSB sheathing is currently running about $39 a sheet here in Billings... 15/32 plywood running $50 a sheet.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:21 pm

I'm going to Bozeman tomorrow to get my Covid shot. I'll inquire on the status of the construction and using my authority as a "Bobcat Nation Hall of Famer", I'll raise he!! if they aren't on time or ahead of schedule. I'll also take a few photos.
Last edited by AFCAT on Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:24 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:33 pm
CodyCat wrote:
kmax wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Hard to find and expensive as a result. 7/16 OSB sheathing is currently running about $39 a sheet here in Billings... 15/32 plywood running $50 a sheet.
If the contractors did not already have supplies on order and for delivery on a completion schedule long, long ago then I have little faith in the contractors. I highly doubt they're on the phone today trying to order doors and windows.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:28 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:24 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
kmax wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
If the contractors did not already have supplies on order and for delivery on a completion schedule long, long ago then I have little faith in the contractors. I highly doubt they're on the phone today trying to order doors and windows.
Even if they ordered and had scheduled delivery long, long, ago, that doesn’t mean they can get it. There’s a big shortage on supplies right now.

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:38 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
kmax wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
coloradocat wrote:
Wow, EXPENSIVE... About like buying ammo. Course, cannot even find ammo in my caliber, .380. It is probably a minimum $50 for 20 rounds. Last .308 for rifle was roughly $17 a box, now $50+...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:00 pm

Looks like they cant get windows so they are just putting up a sheet of plastic.
:D :D

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:26 pm

I didn't take photos all around the structure today. There really isn't a huge change on the outside since the last time I posted photos. I'll go back up when practices start. It is a good thing there weren't any games this Spring. The whole area is one giant mud pit. There is going to have to be quite a bit of asphalt repair before the season starts.

I got my first Covid shot today too. Yay!

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Bump up the link.

Web Cam Link:
http://stadium.kusm.montana.edu/

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:29 pm

I thought the roof work was done but the camera shows that in todays wind there is lots of material flapping in the wind along the west edges of the roof. Does anyone know what that is all about?

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:29 pm
I thought the roof work was done but the camera shows that in todays wind there is lots of material flapping in the wind along the west edges of the roof. Does anyone know what that is all about?
Need to get one of the engineers or construction guys on here, but the stuff flapping in the wind looks like excess roofing membrane material.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:07 pm

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:33 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:01 pm
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:29 pm
Need to get one of the engineers or construction guys on here, but the stuff flapping in the wind looks like excess roofing membrane material.
It does look like it could be roof membrane and I could understand leaving excess to wrap around and down the side wall. It just seems there ought to be a way to not leave it so susceptible to possible wind damage. maybe we'll have to wait till the engineers and construction workers get off work today.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 am

Pumping mud this morning.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:17 am

stevo wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 am
Pumping mud this morning.
The 4th grader in me just laughed out loud. :lol:

seacat85
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by seacat85 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:07 pm

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before. What is the open area on the left on the second floor? Is it to hide the mechanical?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:24 pm

seacat85 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:07 pm
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before. What is the open area on the left on the second floor? Is it to hide the mechanical?
That's correct.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:28 pm

I was going to update my construction day video for 175 days of construction but there has been very little done on the outside of the building since I posted the 150 day video. I'll hold off on posting another video until they hit 200 construction days.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:31 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:24 pm
seacat85 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:07 pm
That's correct.
2nd Floor