Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by gtapp » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:07 am

like they are getting ready to pour the roof top. I saw a plan at one time that would allow the roof to be used as a pavilion for fans to watch from. Does anyone know if that is still a possibility or has that idea been buried?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:13 am

gtapp wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:07 am
like they are getting ready to pour the roof top. I saw a plan at one time that would allow the roof to be used as a pavilion for fans to watch from. Does anyone know if that is still a possibility or has that idea been buried?
My hope. Excellent tail gate spot for high money donors and potential recruits. They could watch from the blue gold reserved section for family for a while and go up to the rooftop

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:23 am

gtapp wrote:
I hate end zone seats. Hard pass. :wink:

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 am

I don't think the roof gets concrete on it. More like vapor barrier, insulation board, waterproof membrane, would be my guess.

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:08 am

The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:23 am
gtapp wrote:
End zone seats that are high aren't bad. End zone seats down low not so good.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:22 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:08 am
The Butcher wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:23 am
gtapp wrote:
End zone seats that are high aren't bad. End zone seats down low not so good.
Depends on how high. My seats are a few rows up from the walkway, next to the student section and I definitely prefer to sit there than with friends who have seats on about the 10 yard line close to the field. I wouldn't want to sit in the upper half of the end zone though. The field seems so far away. I assume the roof top would be similar to my seats. A little higher but a little closer.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Mtcatfan
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Mtcatfan » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:37 am

We're up high in the 116 SEZ. It's actually pretty good because the depth perception is better and you can see the opposite end of the field really well. I would prefer 50 yd line though. :lol:

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:50 am

They have placed some large white cubes on the roof. They must be pretty lite since I saw a guy throwing them around with ease. IS that insulation? What is the roof material going to be?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

LCH
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by LCH » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:14 am

Most likely vapor barrier, foam insulation, waterproof membrane, in that order.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:29 am

I'm pretty sure they are filled with 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:24 pm

gtapp wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:50 am
They have placed some large white cubes on the roof. They must be pretty lite since I saw a guy throwing them around with ease. IS that insulation? What is the roof material going to be?
Yeah, I've been waiting for a good gust of wind to toss those things onto the field.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:08 pm

Does anybody know if they are done pouring concrete. Not many blankets left.

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:14 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:29 am
[media] [/media]

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:45 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:29 am
Don't tell me my business boy!

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:14 pm

Legit question here, maybe someone knows. With the final design/build of the BAC in the endzone, I just don't see how endzone seating is going to work. I mean, all those coaches' offices and views out of the 2nd floor to the field, won't work with seating there. You don't get seating with a 12 foot elevation to the second floor. I can only assume seating plans have changed since the first concept? Maybe just seating enclosure on the east/west edges of the BAC building? I'm having trouble visualizing the end result.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:29 pm

KittieKop wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:14 pm
Legit question here, maybe someone knows. With the final design/build of the BAC in the endzone, I just don't see how endzone seating is going to work. I mean, all those coaches' offices and views out of the 2nd floor to the field, won't work with seating there. You don't get seating with a 12 foot elevation to the second floor. I can only assume seating plans have changed since the first concept? Maybe just seating enclosure on the east/west edges of the BAC building? I'm having trouble visualizing the end result.
The plan originally was a small bowl right? Could 5 to 8 rows fit in front of the BAC if row one was 4 ish feet off the ground? I've never really paid attention to the rise of each row but I assume it's a foot or so?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:30 pm

KittieKop wrote:
How tall is the lower sections of the SEZ? Something like that might work? They could also just do what they have been doing and have cabana's and SRO. Maybe a beer garden :suds:

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 pm

KittieKop wrote:
No direct knowledge here, just from what I’ve paid attention to over these last few years, conversations in different threads, etc. But I don’t believe there has been any change in that plan. I think the eventual plan is still to do a small bowl, maybe 10 rows or so? And yes, that looks like it’ll block the view of the field from the coaches office. But at that point, it looks like the facility that’s being built now could be added on to with a third level, and that creates those “super suites” that would be above the new bowl and have a good view of the field.
So in the end, the coaches offices won’t have a view of the field. But whoever is in the corner office would still have a view of the Bridgers.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:25 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:14 pm
KittieKop wrote:
No direct knowledge here, just from what I’ve paid attention to over these last few years, conversations in different threads, etc. But I don’t believe there has been any change in that plan. I think the eventual plan is still to do a small bowl, maybe 10 rows or so? And yes, that looks like it’ll block the view of the field from the coaches office. But at that point, it looks like the facility that’s being built now could be added on to with a third level, and that creates those “super suites” that would be above the new bowl and have a good view of the field.
So in the end, the coaches offices won’t have a view of the field. But whoever is in the corner office would still have a view of the Bridgers.
With that being said, the final design of the building going up now is already different than this original rendering.
I know they have a plan, but it’d be cool to see maybe a revised rendering of what they are wanting to do in the end zone exactly. Definitely doing something, or else they would have put the building closer to the end zone. They left that gap for a reason. My guess is that it’s still some kind of small bowl.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Obviously all the plans for the improvements were just conceptual, but a lot of things changed in just the first phase BAC construction. Would be cool to eventually see updated conceptual drawings with how the final BAC plans changed things.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?