Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by CatBlitz » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:06 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:26 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:18 pm
One funny comment that I remember from Costello. Choate wanted the weight room to be like a dungeon, enclosed and dark, but Vigen likes the open and airy feel that they ended up going with.
Having worked out in both environments and everything in between; I much prefer the open and bright environment. The dungeon is cool for a few weeks and then gets old and starts to smell.
Yep. The open, windowed concept is so much better.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:02 am
The new building really gives the stadium a more enclosed feel. Not so much from the east stands due to the gap in the NW corner that you look towards, but from the west side and the end zone it definitely feels more enclosed. And it should help with the crowd noise, too.
This is great news. Ive been wondering about this. Because pictures of the BAC from inside the stadium make it look tiny and almost out of place. I drove past it over easter and traffic was busy so I didnt get a great look but I wasnt completely blown away by it. I do say all this knowing that it really doesnt matter if it changes the feel of the stadium. Its a game changer from what the facility offers inside the walls.

Hating the griz since 02.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:03 pm

I just noticed the goal posts are gone. Did I miss the Cats beating the grizzlies again? :D

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:47 pm

I was looking over some of the renderings and I found it interesting how the design has changed in some areas. I do like the locker room changes. I have no idea what the stadium side of the building will exactly end up looking like.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:04 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:47 pm
I was looking over some of the renderings and I found it interesting how the design has changed in some areas. I do like the locker room changes. I have no idea what the stadium side of the building will exactly end up looking like.

I like the facade on the top rendering and I think the railing needs to be there too. I think a bigger logo is better, and the color below is better on the outside. Lockers...either work for me. It will be nice to see. I'm currently back in Montana and will make a run to Bozeman just for fun and will try to get a look myself at everything.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:52 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:47 pm

Based of off the webcam I would say it will look like the bottom picture. I also would like to see the railings stay.

Hating the griz since 02.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:21 am

I heard Costello mentioned during the tour that a third floor could be added in the future. Not sure if, when or what it would house but that would be nice.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 pm

gtapp wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:21 am
I heard Costello mentioned during the tour that a third floor could be added in the future. Not sure if, when or what it would house but that would be nice.
Probably luxury suites of some sort. It could be a fun vantage point to have a party. They would probably have to fund it completely through big money donors and raise the scoreboard way higher or move it completely.

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:12 am

I think it would look better if they take the scoreboard down and put it above the Sonny Holland End Zone, move the smaller scoreboard over the East Grandstand, then get a new wider, much wider, scoreboard and video screen to place on top of the BAC. Then there should be a small end zone seating area, maybe just 10 rows high down in front of the BAC, if and when demand is high. In the meantime, that might be a good place for some landscaping, concessions, kid zone,...? Anyone else have any other ideas?

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 am

iaafan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:12 am
I think it would look better if they take the scoreboard down and put it above the Sonny Holland End Zone, move the smaller scoreboard over the East Grandstand, then get a new wider, much wider, scoreboard and video screen to place on top of the BAC. Then there should be a small end zone seating area, maybe just 10 rows high down in front of the BAC, if and when demand is high. In the meantime, that might be a good place for some landscaping, concessions, kid zone,...? Anyone else have any other ideas?
My understanding is that a new larger video board is going on top of the BAC but not until 2022. For 2021 I was under the impression that the existing scoreboard was going on top the BAC for one year.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

norcal cat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by norcal cat » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:36 am

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:03 pm
I just noticed the goal posts are gone. Did I miss the Cats beating the grizzlies again? :D

My guess is that they took it down in preparation for graduation, which is happening bobcat stadium for the first time ever.

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:44 am

iaafan wrote:
Seating in front of the BAC is a part of future plans. Looks to be 10-15 rows or so. Roughly half of the other end zone, but it would actually create a full bowl once done.
This is after East side renovations and IPF though, so could be 12-15 years down the road.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:36 am

gtapp wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 am
iaafan wrote:
My understanding is that a new larger video board is going on top of the BAC but not until 2022. For 2021 I was under the impression that the existing scoreboard was going on top the BAC for one year.
That's interesting. I was under the impression from Leon that the new scoreboard would be set on the existing pillars. He mentioned something about building any future seating around the pillars. I must have heard him wrong. I agree with everything else in the first post, move the old scoreboard to the Sonny Holland end zone. Didn't that scoreboard cost around $500,000? Just getting rid of the North endzone scoreboard would be a waste.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:11 am

Catsrgrood wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:44 am
iaafan wrote:
Seating in front of the BAC is a part of future plans. Looks to be 10-15 rows or so. Roughly half of the other end zone, but it would actually create a full bowl once done.
This is after East side renovations and IPF though, so could be 12-15 years down the road.
Anyone know what the capacity will be once the east grandstand is rebuilt and the north ez is completed...? I would think around 20k.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:47 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:11 am
Catsrgrood wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:44 am
iaafan wrote:
Anyone know what the capacity will be once the east grandstand is rebuilt and the north ez is completed...? I would think around 20k.
Once "bowled in" I think around 25K. Those corners will hold a lot of people depending on how high they go with it.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:03 am

Me last week; "Man, after a half a day of work those guys are kicking butt putting up that stonework. They will have the whole South side done by next Wednesday at the latest." \:D/

The next Thursday; "Obviously, I have no clue about the construction process." :?

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:29 pm

Looks like all the window frames are in on the south side. When i was there for the spring game, it looked like the mason are moving around the west side and working clockwise.

vike_king
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by vike_king » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am

Yoikes, what a windy day in Bozeman today. (looking at the webcam) The roofing membrane looks like it might come off.

I see they are going to have the new building as the backdrop for graduation....the stage is being set up right in front of it. I might have had it at the other end, more protected from the wind and a nice backdrop.

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:56 pm

vike_king wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am
Yoikes, what a windy day in Bozeman today. (looking at the webcam) The roofing membrane looks like it might come off.

I see they are going to have the new building as the backdrop for graduation....the stage is being set up right in front of it. I might have had it at the other end, more protected from the wind and a nice backdrop.
But this way they can stream it online real easy :)

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

vike_king

Post by vike_king » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:12 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:56 pm
vike_king wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:57 am

But this way they can stream it online real easy :)
Good one!!

Chester, MT/ Helena, MT