Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
Catfanatic84
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:35 pm

Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by Catfanatic84 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:45 am

Not exactly football related...but there was an op-ed in the Gazette this morning singing Waded's praises. I couldn't agree more. And the leadership she exhibits trickles through every aspect of MSU....academics, campus construction and athletics. We're lucky to have her leading MSU.

https://billingsgazette.com/opinion/col ... a5ad3.html



User avatar
HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6606
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Helena, Montana

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:00 am

100% in agreement with you and with the Op-ed!



77matcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2507
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by 77matcat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:26 am

I agree.

Rock star.



catscat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1430
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by catscat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 am

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:45 am
Not exactly football related...but there was an op-ed in the Gazette this morning singing Waded's praises. I couldn't agree more. And the leadership she exhibits trickles through every aspect of MSU....academics, campus construction and athletics. We're lucky to have her leading MSU.

https://billingsgazette.com/opinion/col ... a5ad3.html
I disagree with your assessment that this is "not exactly football related." Other than the coaches and players, I can't think of another individual that's had as much impact on the success of our sports teams - and very significantly football, than President Cruzado. They may be out there, but I don't know them. Besides her direct impact, what she's done for the university has also positively impacted our teams. I haven't seen her in the tailgate area lately, but I have always enjoyed her engagement with the fans. At the brunch before 'Cat/griz, I believe she spoke to every person there - usually thanking them for what they do for MSU. Drop her a note and thank her for what she's done for MSU football, or athletics, or the university in general. Based on my experience, you'll get a reply in the form of a handwritten note. I don't know, but I suspect that doesn't happen many places in the country.



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5987
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm

catscat wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:45 am
Not exactly football related...but there was an op-ed in the Gazette this morning singing Waded's praises. I couldn't agree more. And the leadership she exhibits trickles through every aspect of MSU....academics, campus construction and athletics. We're lucky to have her leading MSU.

https://billingsgazette.com/opinion/col ... a5ad3.html
I disagree with your assessment that this is "not exactly football related." Other than the coaches and players, I can't think of another individual that's had as much impact on the success of our sports teams - and very significantly football, than President Cruzado. They may be out there, but I don't know them. Besides her direct impact, what she's done for the university has also positively impacted our teams. I haven't seen her in the tailgate area lately, but I have always enjoyed her engagement with the fans. At the brunch before 'Cat/griz, I believe she spoke to every person there - usually thanking them for what they do for MSU. Drop her a note and thank her for what she's done for MSU football, or athletics, or the university in general. Based on my experience, you'll get a reply in the form of a handwritten note. I don't know, but I suspect that doesn't happen many places in the country.
Wow. Does she ever sleep?


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10246
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by wbtfg » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 pm

grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm
catscat wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:45 am
Not exactly football related...but there was an op-ed in the Gazette this morning singing Waded's praises. I couldn't agree more. And the leadership she exhibits trickles through every aspect of MSU....academics, campus construction and athletics. We're lucky to have her leading MSU.

https://billingsgazette.com/opinion/col ... a5ad3.html
I disagree with your assessment that this is "not exactly football related." Other than the coaches and players, I can't think of another individual that's had as much impact on the success of our sports teams - and very significantly football, than President Cruzado. They may be out there, but I don't know them. Besides her direct impact, what she's done for the university has also positively impacted our teams. I haven't seen her in the tailgate area lately, but I have always enjoyed her engagement with the fans. At the brunch before 'Cat/griz, I believe she spoke to every person there - usually thanking them for what they do for MSU. Drop her a note and thank her for what she's done for MSU football, or athletics, or the university in general. Based on my experience, you'll get a reply in the form of a handwritten note. I don't know, but I suspect that doesn't happen many places in the country.
Wow. Does she ever sleep?
Does that mean she won you over?



User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5987
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by grizzh8r » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:46 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:37 pm
grizzh8r wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm
catscat wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:17 am
Catfanatic84 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:45 am
Not exactly football related...but there was an op-ed in the Gazette this morning singing Waded's praises. I couldn't agree more. And the leadership she exhibits trickles through every aspect of MSU....academics, campus construction and athletics. We're lucky to have her leading MSU.

https://billingsgazette.com/opinion/col ... a5ad3.html
I disagree with your assessment that this is "not exactly football related." Other than the coaches and players, I can't think of another individual that's had as much impact on the success of our sports teams - and very significantly football, than President Cruzado. They may be out there, but I don't know them. Besides her direct impact, what she's done for the university has also positively impacted our teams. I haven't seen her in the tailgate area lately, but I have always enjoyed her engagement with the fans. At the brunch before 'Cat/griz, I believe she spoke to every person there - usually thanking them for what they do for MSU. Drop her a note and thank her for what she's done for MSU football, or athletics, or the university in general. Based on my experience, you'll get a reply in the form of a handwritten note. I don't know, but I suspect that doesn't happen many places in the country.
Wow. Does she ever sleep?
Does that mean she won you over?
Yes, admittedly I was skeptical of the hire, but she's been exceptional.


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

User avatar
Camo_Cat
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:07 am
Location: In a tree stand

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by Camo_Cat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:06 pm

I was one of those highly skeptical people when she was announced as the hire. I just couldn't fathom how she would be received in Montana. Ten years later, I can't imagine MSU without her. Her enthusiasm is contagious and her passion is genuine.

As for football, she is as big of an advocate for Bobcat football as we have ever had in that office. She has grown our program and is proud of the their success on and off the field. She is right down on the field during the game - hell, she was the first person that Tyrone Marshall high-fived when he scored in Cat-griz. The students love her and cheer her whenever they show her on the scoreboard.

I was at the President's breakfast this year before Cat-griz. She did greet everyone in the room, and when she talked about the raise to keep her here, she was emotional and stated that Bozeman and Montana are her home. She made some great digs at UM President Seth Bodner as well. We are lucky to have her.



User avatar
catsrback76
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:18 am
Location: 2300 meters up in Ethiopia!

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:24 pm

She's an excellent leader and we're privileged to have her. They hate her in Missoula because she has buried their leadership, but she is actively working to keep UM alive as well! =D^



lutecat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2350
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by lutecat » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 am

Meeting everyone in the room is her thing. A few years into her tenure, she was at an alumni event in Great Falls, and she had a short conversation with my parents. Not just met them. They came away very impressed and even told them to have me contact her as well. Remarkable woman.



User avatar
84CatGrad
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by 84CatGrad » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 am

A simply outstanding individual. When my daughter was a freshman she met Ms. Cruzado briefly. Two years later she saw her again and Ms. Cruzado REMEMBERED MY DAUGHTER'S NAME as though she was a close friend. A brilliant leader for our university.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6298
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by catatac » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:49 pm

84CatGrad wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 am
A simply outstanding individual. When my daughter was a freshman she met Ms. Cruzado briefly. Two years later she saw her again and Ms. Cruzado REMEMBERED MY DAUGHTER'S NAME as though she was a close friend. A brilliant leader for our university.
God, that is a rare gift... or perhaps your daughter is extremely memorable. If I meet five new people on a given day the odds of me remembering even one of their names are terrible. :lol: Can't even imagine how many new people she meets in a day on average.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10170
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA
Contact:

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by CelticCat » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:31 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:49 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 am
A simply outstanding individual. When my daughter was a freshman she met Ms. Cruzado briefly. Two years later she saw her again and Ms. Cruzado REMEMBERED MY DAUGHTER'S NAME as though she was a close friend. A brilliant leader for our university.
God, that is a rare gift... or perhaps your daughter is extremely memorable. If I meet five new people on a given day the odds of me remembering even one of their names are terrible. :lol: Can't even imagine how many new people she meets in a day on average.
There's a reason I got out of sales, well many, but a big one was not remembering anything about anyone, including their name. :lol:


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

User avatar
grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5987
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm
Location: Billings via Livingston
Contact:

Re: Op-Ed - President Cruzado

Post by grizzh8r » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:38 am

catatac wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:49 pm
84CatGrad wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 am
A simply outstanding individual. When my daughter was a freshman she met Ms. Cruzado briefly. Two years later she saw her again and Ms. Cruzado REMEMBERED MY DAUGHTER'S NAME as though she was a close friend. A brilliant leader for our university.
God, that is a rare gift... or perhaps your daughter is extremely memorable. If I meet five new people on a given day the odds of me remembering even one of their names are terrible. :lol: Can't even imagine how many new people she meets in a day on average.
Yeah, some people just have the gift of being able to remember names. My Dad is like that, thought he is 76 and isn't as good at it as he used to be. I unfortunately didn't get this trait from him. Wish I had, I hate not being able to remember someone's name, especially when it's an old acquaintance (and especially when they greet you on the street with YOUR first name... #-o )


Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Retard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

Post Reply