Players Gone from 2019 team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3694
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:04 am

Would guess he knows somebody younger is going to get the playing time that he wants.



superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 575
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by superbobcat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:38 am

This is how the Portal Era will work out. Kids have a lot more flexibility to find playing time. I don’t like them leaving, but I do like the opportunity to pick up talent like Sterk or Williams who are real players stuck on a depth chart. I think we gain more than we lose potentially with the portal, kids develop physically so much the first two years, may find a sleeper.



User avatar
Bozcat003
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1895
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:19 pm

Other cat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:59 am
That stinks. Ryan is a great kid I wish him the best. That is one more kid from the class of 18. That was a top recruiting class who is left???
You are right - a lot in the class have left. I really wish we still had James Williams as he would 100% start this year … Safety Putney would have been nice if he stuck around (or even showed up) and same with OL Donny Long (now at Sac State) - but that is life …

That class still produced:
Ifanse
Askleson
Bauman
both Gibson twins
Snell
Sumner
Deines
Estes
Hardy
Filer

Lots of talent in that class still here honestly



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7382
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm



Karl's gonna use his last year of eligibility at Western. Good luck!


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

AFCAT
Member # Retired
Posts: 2758
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by AFCAT » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm


Karl's gonna use his last year of eligibility at Western. Good luck!
I get it, but I don't like it. Sad to see him go.


Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
Contact the Alumni Foundation at:
Phone - 406-994-2092
Mail - P.O. Box 172750, Bozeman, MT 59717

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: Clancy, MT

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:38 am
This is how the Portal Era will work out. Kids have a lot more flexibility to find playing time. I don’t like them leaving, but I do like the opportunity to pick up talent like Sterk or Williams who are real players stuck on a depth chart. I think we gain more than we lose potentially with the portal, kids develop physically so much the first two years, may find a sleeper.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think FBS dropdowns have always been able to come in and play right away. We didn't gain anything in that regard. Where we potentially gain is straight-across FCS transfers. Those guys used to have to sit out 1 year, now they don't.


Image
24-17
31-23
29-25
48-14

User avatar
CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6704
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm


Karl's gonna use his last year of eligibility at Western. Good luck!
I get it, but I don't like it. Sad to see him go.
Same feelings there.


Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

User avatar
The Big Meowski
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Butte

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by The Big Meowski » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 pm

CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm


Karl's gonna use his last year of eligibility at Western. Good luck!
I get it, but I don't like it. Sad to see him go.
Same feelings there.
Same also. Boy, he will light up the Frontier Conference though. Good luck to him.


Brian Demarais
Sec. 105
Row 2
Seat 1

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9184
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:34 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:42 pm
superbobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:38 am
This is how the Portal Era will work out. Kids have a lot more flexibility to find playing time. I don’t like them leaving, but I do like the opportunity to pick up talent like Sterk or Williams who are real players stuck on a depth chart. I think we gain more than we lose potentially with the portal, kids develop physically so much the first two years, may find a sleeper.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think FBS dropdowns have always been able to come in and play right away. We didn't gain anything in that regard. Where we potentially gain is straight-across FCS transfers. Those guys used to have to sit out 1 year, now they don't.
The old transfer rules still apply to the portal. FCS to FCS have to sit a year.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

User avatar
CelticCat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 10023
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:55 pm
Location: Mt Vernon, WA

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by CelticCat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:58 pm

The only thing the portal does is make it so a player can leave without having to talk to his coach, basically. Nothing changes in terms of eligibility.


R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://anchor.fm/rrcatcast
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by FTG247365 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:16 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm


Karl's gonna use his last year of eligibility at Western. Good luck!
He stuck it out at MSU, hurt all last year. I can't blame him, he's going to do well down there. Good Luck to Mr. Tucker!



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9184
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:49 pm



"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

bobcat99
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3694
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:11 am

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by bobcat99 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:04 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:49 pm
He never played here?



User avatar
CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6704
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 pm
Location: Eugene, OR

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by CatBlitz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:06 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:49 pm
Not to be confused with Lance.


Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9184
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Image


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Image

thefrank1
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 695
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 pm
Location: Bozeman

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:14 pm

Isn't that his brother who went to a ND jc?


While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1588
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by kwcat » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:38 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:14 pm
Isn't that his brother who went to a ND jc?
DII
They had a pretty rough year. There’s several kids from the Bozeman, southwest Montana area, and eastern Montana that play there.



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6103
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by catatac » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:46 pm

The Big Meowski wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm


Karl's gonna use his last year of eligibility at Western. Good luck!
I get it, but I don't like it. Sad to see him go.
Same feelings there.
Same also. Boy, he will light up the Frontier Conference though. Good luck to him.
Ditto, but I also don't blame the kid. He probably just really wanted to play football (Not just some special team plays), and I'm sure he'll have a great chance to compete for a starting roll at Western.


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

User avatar
luckyirishguy25
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3686
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:59 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:46 pm
The Big Meowski wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm


Karl's gonna use his last year of eligibility at Western. Good luck!
I get it, but I don't like it. Sad to see him go.
Same feelings there.
Same also. Boy, he will light up the Frontier Conference though. Good luck to him.
Ditto, but I also don't blame the kid. He probably just really wanted to play football (Not just some special team plays), and I'm sure he'll have a great chance to compete for a starting roll at Western.
+1 good luck KT3



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6103
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by catatac » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:15 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:59 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:46 pm
The Big Meowski wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:56 pm
CatBlitz wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:50 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:35 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:26 pm


Karl's gonna use his last year of eligibility at Western. Good luck!
I get it, but I don't like it. Sad to see him go.
Same feelings there.
Same also. Boy, he will light up the Frontier Conference though. Good luck to him.
Ditto, but I also don't blame the kid. He probably just really wanted to play football (Not just some special team plays), and I'm sure he'll have a great chance to compete for a starting roll at Western.
+1 good luck KT3
Wow, "Role". That's one of my pet peeves too, and I just did it. :lol:


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Post Reply