Players Gone from 2019 team

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by The Butcher » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:00 am

iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:54 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:24 am
Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:54 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:39 am
jgrilley406 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:49 pm
Just saw Samori Toure is entering the portal. Big hit for the Griz but they still got some talent opposite Akem, as it’ll be either Roberts or Flowers with Suler in the slot. Wonder how much of this will happen with seniors being able to play elsewhere once they graduate now that they got an extra year to play.
With the QB questions at Missoula this was probably the right move for him. I would expect him to find a team with a good QB and weak WRs so that he can be showcased.
He was tagged in a tweet from a player at Oregon State, if that's any indication of where he may end up.
Oregon State isn't playing a spring season, so he would be looking at a fall 2020 if he was in the PAC. I wonder if he cares about the potential of a spring season or is he just concerned about the upcoming fall season?
I thought he was just looking to play Fall 2021. Can he actually suit up this season?
I miss typed- Fall of 2021.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: Players Gone from 2019 team

Post by Montanabob » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:10 pm

iaafan wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:54 am
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:24 am
Cledus wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:54 pm
coloradocat wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:39 am
jgrilley406 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:49 pm
Just saw Samori Toure is entering the portal. Big hit for the Griz but they still got some talent opposite Akem, as it’ll be either Roberts or Flowers with Suler in the slot. Wonder how much of this will happen with seniors being able to play elsewhere once they graduate now that they got an extra year to play.
With the QB questions at Missoula this was probably the right move for him. I would expect him to find a team with a good QB and weak WRs so that he can be showcased.
He was tagged in a tweet from a player at Oregon State, if that's any indication of where he may end up.
Oregon State isn't playing a spring season, so he would be looking at a fall 2020 if he was in the PAC. I wonder if he cares about the potential of a spring season or is he just concerned about the upcoming fall season?
I thought he was just looking to play Fall 2021. Can he actually suit up this season?
I believe that is a coaching decision, see below but Hauck would probably jerk that scholarship the day it was submitted and not give them any playing time in spring.

The risk for athletes entering the transfer portal is that their scholarship at their current school is no longer guaranteed. Once a player is officially in the portal his scholarship can be rescinded and offered to another incoming student-athlete.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back