Congrats

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Tojo89
New Recruit

Congrats

Post by Tojo89 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:09 pm

Congrats on a great season from a 40+ year Bison fan. I don't know what it is, but the Bison have always seemed to be able to turn it on when it mattered. And today They proved that. Unfortunately you guys were on the losing end of it.
A couple of things though. I laugh every time I read an opposing team's message board that is outside the Missouri valley conference. Within the first few posts after the Bison take offense they start clamoring about holding. Seriously, it's called blocking. They know what they can do and if they were so bad at it that it's holding it would get called. And to whomever it was that said the refs are spotting the Bison half a yard every play.... seriously, really?
And of course we get to hear about the oil money funding the football program. Look at ndsu's athletic budget compared to other teams. It's up there but it's not that way out of proportion. Colleges in North Dakota don't get much oil money.
I don't mean to talk s*** and don't want to talk trash. But just trying to set some things straight. Yes we have a lot of out-of-state kids on our team but if that's what it takes to win that's what they're going to do.
I honestly wish that the p5 teams in FBS would break off and make their own division. Then have another FBS with the upper echelon that aren't p5. And a conference with the lower-tier FBS and upper tier FCS. I would love to see a conference with both Montana teams in North Dakota teams in it. That would be some fun times.
Good luck to the Bobcats in the future.
There are some Bison fan douchebags online. But I'm confident every fan that made it to Fargo from Montana had a great time. I've already heard reports from some of them how welcome they felt visiting Fargo.