Can we get a home and home with the Bison?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

2011BisonAlumni
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Can we get a home and home with the Bison?

Post by 2011BisonAlumni » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:25 pm

Cledus wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:38 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:39 pm
wapiti wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:23 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:25 am
91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:12 am
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:08 pm
Never going to happen. I think Montana State would have to do a 2 for 1 in order to make up for the 2013 game.
Get over it. Totally different staff then, for both our schools. We've done home and homes with several other MVC teams since then. And If it did happen, Ndsu will just make the buyout amount much higher.
I'm over it. I don't care. I'm relaying what I was told, straight from the horse's mouth.

It will take a 2 for 1 for NDSU to ever play the Bobcats again in the regular season.

On a side note, what is it with MSU and UM fans begging to schedule a home and home versus NDSU? What does it really do for NDSU?
What is ya??? Chicken!!!!
Dam straight. I'd be scared to schedule Montana State and have them back out again. As an AD, I'd want to schedule programs who honor their commitments. Trying to find a D1 opponent last minute can be tough.
Your beef is with our prior AD, who has since been fired. The fans wanted that game and we were all pissed off at the buyout. Our new AD is a more honorable person, in my judgment, though I admit I don’t know him. I also have a hard time seeing our university president allowing something like that to happen again.
I have none, zip, nada nothing no beef at all with Montana State.

Just relaying what I was told. It would take a 2 for 1 to make it happen. Wouldn’t complain if I was Montana State. It would be the right thing to do.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:21 pm

2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:25 pm
Cledus wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
wapiti wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Never going to happen. I think Montana State would have to do a 2 for 1 in order to make up for the 2013 game.
Get over it. Totally different staff then, for both our schools. We've done home and homes with several other MVC teams since then. And If it did happen, Ndsu will just make the buyout amount much higher.
I'm over it. I don't care. I'm relaying what I was told, straight from the horse's mouth.

It will take a 2 for 1 for NDSU to ever play the Bobcats again in the regular season.

On a side note, what is it with MSU and UM fans begging to schedule a home and home versus NDSU? What does it really do for NDSU?
Dam straight. I'd be scared to schedule Montana State and have them back out again. As an AD, I'd want to schedule programs who honor their commitments. Trying to find a D1 opponent last minute can be tough.
Your beef is with our prior AD, who has since been fired. The fans wanted that game and we were all pissed off at the buyout. Our new AD is a more honorable person, in my judgment, though I admit I don’t know him. I also have a hard time seeing our university president allowing something like that to happen again.

Just relaying what I was told. It would take a 2 for 1 to make it happen. Wouldn’t complain if I was Montana State. It would be the right thing to do.
And why would the new AD at MSU agree to do that?? That would be unprecedented. Ain't gonna happen. If it does he should be fired. Contract buyouts happen often in college football but for some reason Ndsu feels the need to take it personal and hold a 7 year grudge and counting.

MSU will continue to do home and homes with the other MVC schools like we have been, and Ndsu can continue to hold their grudge.

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:28 pm

2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Cledus wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
wapiti wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:

“It would be the right thing to do”. My God, get over yourself. We may not be 9x National Champs but we finished top 4 this year; it’s not like we’re Incarnate Word. We paid you for backing out—it was not handled properly—but we paid our end of the contract. We have no obligation to kiss your ring past that. GTFO.

2011BisonAlumni
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 2011BisonAlumni » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:41 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:21 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Cledus wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
wapiti wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
2011BisonAlumni wrote:

And why would the new AD at MSU agree to do that?? That would be unprecedented. Ain't gonna happen. If it does he should be fired. Contract buyouts happen often in college football but for some reason Ndsu feels the need to take it personal and hold a 7 year grudge and counting.

MSU will continue to do home and homes with the other MVC schools like we have been, and Ndsu can continue to hold their grudge.
It isn’t the Bison fans, AD or coaches clamoring to have a home and home against Montana State

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:58 pm

2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:41 pm

It isn’t the Bison fans, AD or coaches clamoring to have a home and home against Montana State
Correct. It's just one or two guys on here.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:23 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:58 pm
2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:41 pm

Correct. It's just one or two guys on here.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:39 pm

We don't need an ass kicking in the regular season just to over stuff the stadium one time during a season. We can fill the stadium by winning our other games decisively and when it comes to playoffs....well we'll see what happens.

2024 Resume dominance

CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:27 am

Helcat72 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:39 pm
We don't need an ass kicking in the regular season just to over stuff the stadium one time during a season. We can fill the stadium by winning our other games decisively and when it comes to playoffs....well we'll see what happens.
Thaaaaaaaaank you.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:47 am

2011BisonAlumni wrote:
Ridiculous statement. If we went there first and provided enough of a financial guarantee. There's no reason a deal couldn't be made for a home and home. Are you one of those butt-hurt Bison. Get over it!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz