Next Year

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Next Year

Post by superbobcat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:30 am

For the sake of conversation, could Daniel Hardy play safety? We need him on the field, not backing up Troy. On the flip side, would Troy be more beneficial as a safety? I think Okada is going to be on the field a lot, I loved his energy and effort. I also see Jobman being a moving piece of the puzzle. Lots of inside LB depth and I don’t believe Jahari will be happy just being a big thumper back. II, Sumner, Hosey is a pretty solid Trifecta at RB. Lots of young depth behind them. I would go as far to say that this is the deepest Bobcat team in a long time, maybe the last 25-30 years.



kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Next Year

Post by kwcat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:58 am

3 good backs not enough.
Shane Perry should be back. Would like to see Fitzgerald get some carries as well. Martin will get carries. Marshall will get carries. Probably not just out of the slot.
Hopefully Joe Olson is healed up and ready to get some experience.
Do we possibly have a Shawn Johnson protégé coming up?



superbobcat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:14 am

Re: Next Year

Post by superbobcat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:05 pm

I agree three not enough but a good rotation and if injuries happen Perry, Olson, etc full in. I also agree, RJ can handle some carries, love how he plays.

On a side note, I saw the DiAgustino kid wrestling for Bozeman high on TV. Good athletic looking kid doing what it takes to be a valuable BOBCAT!! Love those wrestlers.



User avatar
Bozcat003
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1872
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:16 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:58 am
3 good backs not enough.
Shane Perry should be back. Would like to see Fitzgerald get some carries as well. Martin will get carries. Marshall will get carries. Probably not just out of the slot.
Hopefully Joe Olson is healed up and ready to get some experience.
Do we possibly have a Shawn Johnson protégé coming up?
I do think incoming freshman Jaalen Rennings could be a game changer. Not the biggest but his highlights show great speed. Averaged 169 yards a game his senior year (did get injured though)

I think the rotation will be:
Ifanse
Hosey
Sumner
Perry
Olson/Rennings



kwcat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1556
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Next Year

Post by kwcat » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm

Did I read somewhere that Karl Tucker would be back for another season? Or was that just a rumor?
Oster is another upcoming freshman with good size.
Of course Troy Andersen will probably get some sort of reps.
I’m a big fan of the diamond formation wishbone and multiple back sets.
I love watching James Campbell on special teams coverage. Wouldn’t be surprised that we see him in some jet sweep’s next year.



User avatar
Bozcat003
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1872
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by Bozcat003 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:30 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Did I read somewhere that Karl Tucker would be back for another season? Or was that just a rumor?
Oster is another upcoming freshman with good size.
Of course Troy Andersen will probably get some sort of reps.
I’m a big fan of the diamond formation wishbone and multiple back sets.
I love watching James Campbell on special teams coverage. Wouldn’t be surprised that we see him in some jet sweep’s next year.
I hope they move Oster to either Safety or Linebacker - just dont see him at running back (based off nothing but liked him on defense a lot)



TomCat88
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 13552
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:16 am
Location: An endless run of moguls

Re: Next Year

Post by TomCat88 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:39 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Did I read somewhere that Karl Tucker would be back for another season? Or was that just a rumor?
Oster is another upcoming freshman with good size.
Of course Troy Andersen will probably get some sort of reps.
I’m a big fan of the diamond formation wishbone and multiple back sets.
I love watching James Campbell on special teams coverage. Wouldn’t be surprised that we see him in some jet sweep’s next year.
Tucker didn’t play in more than four games, so he could’ve red shirted this year if I’m not mistaken.


MSU - 14 team National Champions (most recent 2011); 52 individual National Champions (most recent 2017).
toM StUber

BleedingBLue
Member # Retired
Posts: 2840
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:24 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:39 pm
kwcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Did I read somewhere that Karl Tucker would be back for another season? Or was that just a rumor?
Oster is another upcoming freshman with good size.
Of course Troy Andersen will probably get some sort of reps.
I’m a big fan of the diamond formation wishbone and multiple back sets.
I love watching James Campbell on special teams coverage. Wouldn’t be surprised that we see him in some jet sweep’s next year.
Tucker didn’t play in more than four games, so he could’ve red shirted this year if I’m not mistaken.
I believe Vim said at some point in the last few weeks that Tucker II will be back next year.



FTG247365
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 772
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by FTG247365 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:22 pm

superbobcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:05 pm
I agree three not enough but a good rotation and if injuries happen Perry, Olson, etc full in. I also agree, RJ can handle some carries, love how he plays.

On a side note, I saw the DiAgustino kid wrestling for Bozeman high on TV. Good athletic looking kid doing what it takes to be a valuable BOBCAT!! Love those wrestlers.
I was suprised to see RJ's only carry (correct me if I'm wrong) this year was on that fake punt in the playoff game. He plays hard every play, even if it was 4-5 carries it would catch a D off balance. He was huge asset this year.



User avatar
RobertCats
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1650
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:08 pm
Location: Conrad, MT

Re: Next Year

Post by RobertCats » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:16 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:24 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:39 pm
kwcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Did I read somewhere that Karl Tucker would be back for another season? Or was that just a rumor?
Oster is another upcoming freshman with good size.
Of course Troy Andersen will probably get some sort of reps.
I’m a big fan of the diamond formation wishbone and multiple back sets.
I love watching James Campbell on special teams coverage. Wouldn’t be surprised that we see him in some jet sweep’s next year.
Tucker didn’t play in more than four games, so he could’ve red shirted this year if I’m not mistaken.
I believe Vim said at some point in the last few weeks that Tucker II will be back next year.
I heard a few weeks ago that Karl was going to Western and play his final season of eligibility in Dillon but no other confirmation so I did not say anything. Heard the same thing today from a different person, it might be true? If so, I hope Karl absolutely tears it up for the Dogs this year!!



blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1145
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:48 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:16 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:24 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:39 pm
kwcat wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:22 pm
Did I read somewhere that Karl Tucker would be back for another season? Or was that just a rumor?
Oster is another upcoming freshman with good size.
Of course Troy Andersen will probably get some sort of reps.
I’m a big fan of the diamond formation wishbone and multiple back sets.
I love watching James Campbell on special teams coverage. Wouldn’t be surprised that we see him in some jet sweep’s next year.
Tucker didn’t play in more than four games, so he could’ve red shirted this year if I’m not mistaken.
I believe Vim said at some point in the last few weeks that Tucker II will be back next year.
I heard a few weeks ago that Karl was going to Western and play his final season of eligibility in Dillon but no other confirmation so I did not say anything. Heard the same thing today from a different person, it might be true? If so, I hope Karl absolutely tears it up for the Dogs this year!!
I have absolutely no information on this, but I always assumed he was done because he was listed by the football team as a graduating senior and I believe he was honored at senior day


We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7310
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm

https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Team10
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 861
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Next Year

Post by Team10 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm
https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...
You actually think Miller would go to Boise to be a WR coach being a OC right now? I don't see it happening



User avatar
Bozcat003
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1872
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by Bozcat003 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:49 pm

Team10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm
https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...
You actually think Miller would go to Boise to be a WR coach being a OC right now? I don't see it happening
Only rumor but I've heard Miller is going to take it and I've heard Erik Frazier is gone as well (like I said rumor)



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7310
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm

Team10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm
https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...
You actually think Miller would go to Boise to be a WR coach being a OC right now? I don't see it happening
Well...for one, its an excellent pay bump. Two, its his alma mater. Three, his wife is from Boise. Connect the dots.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4154
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm
Team10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm
https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...
You actually think Miller would go to Boise to be a WR coach being a OC right now? I don't see it happening
Well...for one, its an excellent pay bump. Two, its his alma mater. Three, his wife is from Boise. Connect the dots.
Well I guess if you care about stupid things like money and family maybe...



User avatar
catatac
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6071
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by catatac » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Bozcat003 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:49 pm
Team10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm
https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...
You actually think Miller would go to Boise to be a WR coach being a OC right now? I don't see it happening
Only rumor but I've heard Miller is going to take it and I've heard Erik Frazier is gone as well (like I said rumor)
BOO!!!


Great time to be a BOBCAT!

HelenaCat
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 657
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Helena, MT

Re: Next Year

Post by HelenaCat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:38 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm
Team10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm
https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...
You actually think Miller would go to Boise to be a WR coach being a OC right now? I don't see it happening
Well...for one, its an excellent pay bump. Two, its his alma mater. Three, his wife is from Boise. Connect the dots.
I don't think his wife is from Boise; somewhere in Washington I believe. But she also went to BSU and Boise may be closer to family.

Hope not-I would hate to lose Matt.



Catsrgrood
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 pm
Location: Billings

Re: Next Year

Post by Catsrgrood » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:46 pm

ilovethecats wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:11 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm
Team10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm
https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...
You actually think Miller would go to Boise to be a WR coach being a OC right now? I don't see it happening
Well...for one, its an excellent pay bump. Two, its his alma mater. Three, his wife is from Boise. Connect the dots.
Well I guess if you care about stupid things like money and family maybe...
Some people’s priorities....

It’s the nature of the beast at this level, but man... I’d love to have a full coaching staff intact for 2 or 3 seasons.



User avatar
VimSince03
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7310
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: Next Year

Post by VimSince03 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:53 pm

HelenaCat wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:38 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm
Team10 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:48 pm
VimSince03 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:57 pm
https://bronconationnews.com/who-will-b ... w-coaches/

There is a current opening for WR Coach at Boise State...
You actually think Miller would go to Boise to be a WR coach being a OC right now? I don't see it happening
Well...for one, its an excellent pay bump. Two, its his alma mater. Three, his wife is from Boise. Connect the dots.
I don't think his wife is from Boise; somewhere in Washington I believe. But she also went to BSU and Boise may be closer to family.

Hope not-I would hate to lose Matt.
Yup sorry. Should have said "graduated" from Boise.


"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Post Reply